Group 7-day waking average?

Morning

7.9 today

Yesterday was a disaster, gas man was due between 12-5, I get really anxious and worked up when people need to come in, he didn't arrive until near 3pm and within a couple of minutes was telling us that the nugget that was out last Thursday had ordered the wrong part (probably cause he was too busy on his phone to his mates) and that he was off today and tomorrow so now have to go through this all again on Thursday :( Struggling to cope at the moment and have no support as Bruce just gets angry xx

A 5.8 for me at 06:17 this morning. Gorgeous morning in West Berks

A disappointing 8.2 for me this morning and that was with a 1 unit increase in Levemir last night. I ended up eating very late though and whilst no real carbs (pork mushrooms and broccoli) I ended up having 2 pork steaks because they were rather nice) so it is likely the protein. I increased the Levemir to cover it but clearly not enough.

Got sent a photo of Zak and I having a "private moment" at the show the other day whilst waiting to go into the ring and another one of us walking along to the show ring. Both were taken by some very skilled gentlemen at Durham Photographic society who kindly shared the photos with us.
FB_IMG_1630955087650[714].jpgIan  4[717].jpg

Afternoon all!😉 5.6 when I eventually rose. Had a rubbish night, hot and sweaty, much like yesterday’s walk with @SB2015 and Mr SB2015. Lovely to meet them again and as Sue has mentioned, apart from the pub being shut we had a great walk. Selfie below.

After the aforementioned walk we had a chill afternoon, ate earlyish and popped over to Shaldon and walked over the bridge to Teignmouth and along the sea front. What a beautiful evening it was too. That’s that bit of the SWCP done, just need Maidencombe to Shaldon done ( the plan was to do it yesterday but it was far too hot) then we’ll have done the complete stretch from Corbyn’s Rock in Torquay to Dawlish. It’s supposed to rain tomorrow, we’ll do it then. It’s not far. Beach day today, another scorcher ahead. 😎

Have a great day everyone. Congratulations @Lanny on your HS. Great pics @rebrascora. 🙂

Attachments

• 4AFF6CC0-972C-4AA0-9265-0F4E7F40B6EC.jpeg
    4AFF6CC0-972C-4AA0-9265-0F4E7F40B6EC.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 17
Just back from my walk and realised I hadn't clicked on the "Post Reply" button when I took my reading earlier. Silly me. 🙄 😳
BTW it was 5.5. 🙂

Dez

Well done @Lanny on the HS.

6.7 for me this morning, not sure why as I hardly ate anything yesterday.

@Lanny congrats on your HS
@rebrascora congrats on your HS yesterday

@rebrascora and @eggyg - lovely photos from you both.

A disappointing 8.2 for me this morning and that was with a 1 unit increase in Levemir last night. I ended up eating very late though and whilst no real carbs (pork mushrooms and broccoli) I ended up having 2 pork steaks because they were rather nice) so it is likely the protein. I increased the Levemir to cover it but clearly not enough.

Got sent a photo of Zak and I having a "private moment" at the show the other day whilst waiting to go into the ring and another one of us walking along to the show ring. Both were taken by some very skilled gentlemen at Durham Photographic society who kindly shared the photos with us.
That caramel coloured box behind the carriage is a mighty beast, I guess it has to carry the wheels as well as the legged animals.

That caramel coloured box behind the carriage is a mighty beast, I guess it has to carry the wheels as well as the legged animals.
It is an impressive box isn't it. Pretty sure it wasn't owned by anyone who was entered in the carriage driving. We are mostly budgeting on a shoestring. My partner has a horse trailer with an extension frame on the A frame at the front, that the carriage goes on between the car and the horses and I had to take my ancient Freelander and trailer with the other carriage. I would guess the box in question belongs to someone who does ridden eventing and goes away for weekends with the horses and probably has rather too much money! So it will probably carry 3-4 horses plus tack and then a large living area. The interior of these things has to be seen to be believed. It's just like a large motorhome with horses in the back. Nice if you can afford it.

View attachment 18501View attachment 18502
What gorgeous photos, lovely sloppy kiss and wonderful carriage, hope you all had a great day xx

Morning

7.9 today

Yesterday was a disaster, gas man was due between 12-5, I get really anxious and worked up when people need to come in, he didn't arrive until near 3pm and within a couple of minutes was telling us that the nugget that was out last Thursday had ordered the wrong part (probably cause he was too busy on his phone to his mates) and that he was off today and tomorrow so now have to go through this all again on Thursday :( Struggling to cope at the moment and have no support as Bruce just gets angry xx
Didn’t ‘like’ your post as you sound really fed up. Hope all gets sorted smoothly soon xx

It is an impressive box isn't it. Pretty sure it wasn't owned by anyone who was entered in the carriage driving. We are mostly budgeting on a shoestring. My partner has a horse trailer with an extension frame on the A frame at the front, that the carriage goes on between the car and the horses and I had to take my ancient Freelander and trailer with the other carriage. I would guess the box in question belongs to someone who does ridden eventing and goes away for weekends with the horses and probably has rather too much money! So it will probably carry 3-4 horses plus tack and then a large living area. The interior of these things has to be seen to be believed. It's just like a large motorhome with horses in the back. Nice if you can afford it.
I did 10s of thousands of miles towing Ifor Williams and driving a 7.5t box so I know what sacrifices it takes for most of us to stay involved in anything equestrian. The carriage driving all looks really nice and photogenic, I'll have to get along to see some next opportunity.

Didn’t ‘like’ your post as you sound really fed up. Hope all gets sorted smoothly soon xx
I really am, and even more so now as yet another Libre 2 sensor has ended prematurely xx

It is an impressive box isn't it. Pretty sure it wasn't owned by anyone who was entered in the carriage driving
Ha! I spotted the box, and thought, 'Eventers' It’s nearly time for the Blenheim Horse trials, which Daughter and I usually go and watch, they usually have a trade stand with the latest in luxury horse boxes. They’re like a five star hotel on wheels. Thing is, you wouldn’t get most of them through the roads round here, what with right angled bends and single tracks, and this weekend there’s a 2* event on the estate just down the road. They have given very precise directions for avoiding the village on the website, with a plea to follow the road signs, but I’m not taking bets on how many ignore that, and end up stuck across the tight crossroads in the centre.
Gorgeous photos, and a lovely moment to capture in the first.

Ha! I spotted the box, and thought, 'Eventers' It’s nearly time for the Blenheim Horse trials, which Daughter and I usually go and watch, they usually have a trade stand with the latest in luxury horse boxes. They’re like a five star hotel on wheels. Thing is, you wouldn’t get most of them through the roads round here, what with right angled bends and single tracks, and this weekend there’s a 2* event on the estate just down the road. They have given very precise directions for avoiding the village on the website, with a plea to follow the road signs, but I’m not taking bets on how many ignore that, and end up stuck across the tight crossroads in the centre.
Gorgeous photos, and a lovely moment to capture in the first.
Yes, when we used to go down to HOYS (to watch) I used to love having a neb in those amazing luxury horseboxes. I would happily live in the horse area let alone the human living space. They are just mind blowing but with prices to match!! How the other half live!
Yes it is amazing how those long lenses can manage to capture such individual moments without you even being aware. I was actually trying to get him to settle down a bit as he was getting fidgety with standing around waiting so long to go into the ring and he was throwing his head around a lot, so I asked for a kiss to try to focus him, which actually worked quite nicely.
I wonder how many people they capture picking their nose or scratching their bot that get binned (hopefully) for the odd great photo they get. Very kind of them to forward the photos free of charge. As you will probably know the official event photographers charge a fortune for the usual run of the mill shots. The impromptu nature of these makes them special.

Back