Group 7-day waking average?

@mage 1 congrats on your HS.
@Barfly really only the chips and beer that had carbs with a lot of protein so not too bad and a good result, obviously not something to have every day though. Glad you had a lovely evening

Woke up earlier and BS was 9 (@06:15) had a-cup of tea
back to bed dozed off now just got up and it’s dropped to 6.9 so that’s slight more respectable ..🙂

4.6 all nice and stable and getting close to target weight 🙂

Morning All
A 6.8 this morning at 07;13 following a 9.8 at 23:30 with a 15 min midnight run.
@Gwynn Well done on the magic number.
Keep safe everyone

Morning

5.6 before breakfast as can't remember what I was when I woke up but know I took Lifts on board so I didn't drop lol

@Bexlee my big cousin was in to the ghostbusters and that and he gave me a few of his figures when I was little but they were probably thrown out when my grandad moved as they were in his spare room, to be honest the weeds are less of an eyesore than the c*** lying about in the greens belonging to folk in the flats, out the back of ours there's wooden pallets that upstairs were going to be making furniture out of but they abandoned it and got drunk instead just throwing the pallets up the top of the green, other closey's have appliances lying about, old flooring etc it's just a mess!
xx

Morning all. A nice round 6 today.

Was very hot yesterday and after Thursday’s long walk we were going to have a gentle stroll. Then Mr Eggy realised he’d misplaced his prescription Raybans with Reactolite lenses. Last seen on a selfie on the SWCP about a mile or so from Torquay! So we drove down and retraced our steps, along the last part of the costal path, all around the marina, the fish restaurant we ate in. Selfie there shows no specs. No luck, but we got four miles in and 27 floors and got a real sweat on. First he kidnaps my bikini top and now this! He’s becoming a liability! 😛 Luckily he has spares in the car or I’d be doing all the driving!

Not sure what we’re doing today but we’ll think of something. Maybe Dawlish or Exeter.

Have a great day all. Congrats @Gwynn and @mage 1 on your HSs. And @SueEK no overdoing it! 🙂

Last sighting of the Raybans!

Attachments

• 786F6C4C-0101-4A09-A00C-5FA83CB2FAA3.jpeg
    786F6C4C-0101-4A09-A00C-5FA83CB2FAA3.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 9
Good morning everyone. 6.6 for me today. Cleaning, washing and ironing to do today.
@Gwynn and @mage 1 congrats on the HS
@SueEK enjoy being down at the van but don't overdo the cleaning. You still need to rest and recover.
@eggyg Exeter is a nice place. Small for a city and the cathedral and quay area is nice (well, it was last time we visited a few years ago. Going again next weekend)
Have a good day all, whatever the weather and plans.

5.1 today, happy to return to the low fives.

I had noticed that the instructions for my meter are very insistent that the sealed container for the test strips is quick recapped and sealed after removing a test strip. Presumably to prevent oxidisation on the contact surfaces affecting the test.

So, out of curiosity, yesterday I left a couple of strips out for 24 hours to compare to the ones kept in the container.

Two fresh ones that had been kept sealed both measured 5.1.
The two that had been left out measured 6.0 and 6.1.

Alternate readings from the same puncture blood source.

The glucose oxidase on the contact must change properties when exposed to humid air. This means that test strips would read higher if you don't get through them quick enough (say using one per day from a container of 50, over six weeks or so). This wouldn't affect me because I get through 50 quite quickly, but I was curious and I thought I'd share.

Last edited:
5.9 this morning - makes you spit after a day of 11.5 carbs. Still not an absolute disaster this week getting an average of 5.6 whilst swallowing 15mg of prednisolone daily. At least I am nipping around the garden like a demented Monty Don with COPD and arthritis under control.

Good morning all. Up a bit late this morning. 4.9 BG.

Out for a walk twice today. Once to see the international kite festival. Daughter is coming over to see it too. Then hopefully a chinese takeaway for tea.

5.3 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Morning all! 5.5 for me today.

Have a lovely day everyone 🙂

8.4 for me and battled high levels all day yesterday, partly due to stress and lack of sleep but just wondering if the changing of the seasons is also creeping in. Time for another basal increase I guess.

@mage 1 congratulations on achieving the nominated optimum waking readings yesterday, otherwise known as an "House Special" or HS (ie 5.2)

Morning all. :D Another 4.0 on the dot for me.

Hubby’s saga of erecting a ‘garden covered area’ single-handed continues. The first round of cementing / spreading a thin layer of c**p all over the garden (depends on your point of view - OH’s / mine) is finished, so I had a good old sweep up yesterday. It’s looking good so far! But I’ve realised that him indoors isn’t happy unless he’s surrounded by DIY mayhem and a red-faced Mrs, grrrr. 😳😉

Have a peaceful Sunday, folks.

7.6 today, back up again. No exercise yesterday, took granddaughter to Southampton - bit of a drive through the New Forest avoiding the main roads and motorways (and the Air Show traffic). Sitting in a car for extended periods probably does no favours for we diabetics. Sunny and still 18deg atm today in Poole, last day of the Air Show, will be keeping my head down and cycling a bit.

Back