Group 7-day waking average?

7.2 for me this morning but only because I injected 3 units of Fiasp through the night for a whopping 12.7 and rising. Tossed and turned most of the night so not restful sleep and rather wish I had scanned earlier, but reader was on charge instead of being under my pillow. Had another nasty hypo last night at 9pm just as I was finishing evening stables, so maybe it was a rebound. Normally hypos don't bother me that much but I have had 3 recently where levels have suddenly plummeted from being high 9s down to low 3s and really felt rough with it.

@adrian1der Congrats on your HS yesterday.

Good morning 🙂
6:13am 11.4 - 1.5 units correction - 16.0 units of tresiba

Probably should've had just 2 biscuits instead of 3 biscuits at bedtime but I love to have a bedtime snack

At least my correction factor is working because at 9:22am bef breakfast I was back in target at 5.7 - had 1 potato cake which was 17g of carbs and 1.5 units of humalog for food

@everydayupsanddowns
No dose tweaking was done, as diabetic nurse did not think that was way to go as only on 1 unit morning and evening. just watch carbs and cut them down. Found last night that pasta bolognese is not quite the food to eat as after being in bounds till Dinner time it jumped back upwards to 10’s and 11’s.
Basically it’s try test and try again! Either I’ll get it right or pancreas will give up. Then repeat processes.
The only trouble is when pancreas hasn’t put any in for a day decides to Chuck in a bucketful to make up.

Oh my!! After the highs and lows over the school holiday until i got ratios sorted, now i'm back at work i've got to start tweaking again. Yesterdays first day back was fine, no issues at all. Today? Fine until just after lunch when i dropped from 8.6 to 2.8 (i tried to head it off when the alarm went off but it just kept dropping). Eventually it went up with treatment but now have a rebound high, libre shows 16!! Thankfully the finger prick was 13, still high but at least not 16.
Oh the joys of diabetes and work!

Oh my!! After the highs and lows over the school holiday until i got ratios sorted, now i'm back at work i've got to start tweaking again. Yesterdays first day back was fine, no issues at all. Today? Fine until just after lunch when i dropped from 8.6 to 2.8 (i tried to head it off when the alarm went off but it just kept dropping). Eventually it went up with treatment but now have a rebound high, libre shows 16!! Thankfully the finger prick was 13, still high but at least not 16.
Oh dear. Hope you manage to get things sorted soon now you’re back at work xx

Diabetes and work OR work the diabetes. Lol

Hope you get it right soon!

I’ll join you in that club. Hypo only just (3.4) after lunch and currently 11.6. At least it was a short week!

8.8 this morning. Day 2 and harder to get organised ! Good knows how ill manage Monday.

Hope all had a good day. I loved ghost busters when I was little @Kaylz hope the peskie weeds all disappear

Wow someone posting at 4:42 this morning. I guess many wake early and some struggle with sleep.

Some really nice readings this morning

BG 5.2 yesssss!! 🙂
Pulse 60 bpm
Oxy 98 %
BP 114/78
Temp 36.4

Only one slightly worrying reading

Weight down to 55.1Kg (been dropping all week)

I am getting a tad nervous that my weight may not be stabilising even though I am eating beyond my set calorie limit for weight maintenance). It could be down to the excessive exercise I am doing so I may stop that for a while and see how that affects things. I simply cannot eat more unless I break the Carb limit or Saturated fats limit or the bank!!!.

Yesterday afternoon I did a special 2 hour test. I ate one M&S eclair and one piece of flapjack (home made) 47.5g Carbs! Two hours later BG 4.8 so my bodies insulin production seems fine.

Perhaps I have set my weight maintenance calorie value too low. But then I just can't eat more, neither physically nor financially.

Not sure again how to increase calories but not carbs and saturated fats.

Interesting conundrum (to me). Anyone got any suggestions?

Just been reading up on Saturated fats and to be honest there seems to be a lot of debate around the topic. It is unclear that it is conclusively bad for you and that the NHS guideline of no more than 30g a day is a correct value. In fact there are arguments in several directions and several studies that are discredited. As many articles say 'no wonder people are confused'.

Last edited:
5.3 for me today. 🙂
Well done @Gwynn on the 5.2.

Dez

Last edited:
Good morning
a bit of a high one this morning with a shocking 9.0 😱

I did did eat Pizza yesterday evening so to be expected really
thinking I need to get back onto the more healthy food with less carbohydrates
I seem to have put on a just over KG over the last few weeks
was doing really good on the weight loss until about a month ago
think I need to give myself a good talking to...o_O

when I get up this morning it will be omelette & apple for breakfast
have a great weekend everyone 😎

6.2 today. Off down the caravan for a couple of days. One of my regulars is going in for 3 weeks in a couple of weeks so need to get it ready, instead of the 2.5 hours I normally do it in I am giving myself 2 days lol. Hubby will have to do th hoovering and put the duvet covers on. Nothing else to report.
Have a good weekend all.
@Gwynn congrats on the HS x

Hi everyone, 6.7 for me today, another milestone? It's gradually creeping down.

Went out to dinner last night at the Holes Bay Premier Inn, had a mixed grill. It was a stupendous effort, 4oz rump steak with absolutely no fat or gristle, a piece of gammon, 2 pork sausages and a chicken breast, 2 eggs and a portion of chips. All washed down with a pint of Doombar. The lovely Jane had gammon and eggs with white wine. £33 all up.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, watching the sun set as we ate overlooking Poole Harbour and seeing the last throes of the Bournemouth Air Show day two as the planes went back to Hurn Airport. I thought my reading this morning would be through the roof.......I don't get it, I must have had oodles of carbs yet my reading is lower.

I did do a 20 mile cycle ride, over double my normal yesterday afternoon.

Back