Group 7-day waking average?

8.3 today at 7:55am, just won't go down.....

Thanks @eggyg.
He thinks it could be tendonitis or something unpronouncable which can be associated with diabetes. I have a constant dull ache in my hand and arm up to my elbow which is not really the main problem. The problem is i now keep getting sharp pains in a finger which travels through my hand and to my elbow, leaving at achey. I get the pain whenever i try to grip something or put pressure on eg, cutting food, holding the bannister to walk upstairs, lifting pans off the cooker etc. He did mention carpal tunnel but said he'd rule it out due to some of the things he had me do to test. He's referred me for physio for now and said if it doesn't improve then physio can organise scans or refer. Will see what happens. I'm hoping it improves before i go back to work as there'll be not much rest then.
Do you have "trigger finger" Very common, I've had 2 ops. for it on my left hand, now it's in my right too.

Good morning. A 5.7 for me today. Bit of a stressful day yesterday all round but hoping today will be better. Its sunny here atm and i've planned to get cracking and start a couple of cupboards this morning then meeting a friend for coffee this afternoon, so looking forward to that as i haven't seen her for a few weeks and a quick chat on the phone just isn't the same.
@ColinUK and @Martin.A we haven't heard from you for a while now, hope you're both ok.
@SueEK it sounds like you have the best team around you, try not to worry.
@Robin congrats on the HS.

Have a nice day folks!

Do you have "trigger finger" Very common, I've had 2 ops. for it on my left hand, now it's in my right too.
I did wonder that when i was googling but doc never mentioned it. I might ask physio when i see them. I should have asked doc really but never gave it a thought while in there and its only when you come out you remember.
I've had the referral come through for physio but when i rang yesterday they said it had to be triaged and to ring back today.

I did wonder that when i was googling but doc never mentioned it. I might ask physio when i see them. I should have asked doc really but never gave it a thought while in there and its only when you come out you remember.
I've had the referral come through for physio but when i rang yesterday they said it had to be triaged and to ring back today.
You would know, when you try and make a fist then open your hand, the finger remains "stuck". When you force it open it can be either very painful or a sudden jerk like an electric shock.

8.1 for me today having battled high levels all day yesterday. Something is not right with me. Felt like I had been hit by a steam train.... I ached everywhere and ended up going to bed in the afternoon where thankfully I got some respite from it. Even my jaw and teeth were aching! My gut was a bit upset too. No idea what the problem is as I felt fit as a lop on Sunday but thankfully not feeling so bad this morning so far, just my back and right knee are still very sore but at least I feel like I can function today. I upped my basal both last night and this morning but I seem to be stuck in the 8s despite injecting 5 units of Fiasp well over an hour ago.... so breakfast is still sitting in the bowl in front of me and there will be some Ibuprofen following breakfast if my levels ever come down far enough to eat.

@Robin Many congratulations on your House special this morning.
Pleased you were able to do the honours as I don't have a TV so I am just following the Olympics through @Lanny and now your commentary. Hard to believe that someone can come back from such a massive accident and return to eventing particularly, as those massive X-country fences are all potentially lethal if you get them wrong. She must have amazing confidence and huge amounts of courage to overcome that and not just compete at that level but to win!!.... Just unbelievable!

@SueEK Thinking of you and sending big (((HUGS))) You are in the safest hands possible.

5.3 this morning (so close!!) when I woke. Pre-bolused and then got engrossed in polishing and cleaning shoes, and now 2.8. Oops.

Okay I LOVE polishing shoes. I used to do it for the whole family when I was little trained by my father, and find shiny shoes give so much pleasure. I am on a mission to cream the leather ones, clean the Nuuck, find which winter ones need re heeling and or resolving (I am fussy when I buy shoes and this has to be possible. Not easy nowadays), wash the fabric ones, ....
A bit sad but it keeps me happy, and my shoes last for ages!! Enough

Congratulations @Robin on the HS
Take care @SueEK
@freesia today sound much more enjoyable. I hope the hands are less painful.

Have a good day all.

I am another one who has had lots of triggers on fingers since diagnosis with T1.
The gift that keeps on giving!!!

Mine has been managed with physio and massage, then injections which worked well for a while, but three of them ended up needing surgery. It is a quick op and makes a lot of difference.
I hope that the physio works and helps things ease.

Morning - 7.6 from me - been fasting from 7pm last night for my ferritin test this morning - going to try and push for an HBA1C test at the same time, my first follow-up one is due at the end of September

Morning

@Robin congratulations on finally hitting the house special!

@SB2015 I used to love polishing my grandads shoes as a kid lol

7.2 before breakfast after 6 Lifts, was in the 6's on waking but as I dropped from 11 to 6's the other morning I couldn't take the risk as I'm on my own this morning so get more anxious xx

Morning all. A delicious 5.5 today. It’s been ages since I’ve seen a five on a morning. My food obviously had been hanging on for dear life lately, since I went down the low residue diet the last couple of days it’s left the building! TMI? I’ll carry on until the end of the week, it’s very boring unfortunately. No veg, no fibre, no legumes, no fruit, no seeds, no nuts ( TBF I knocked those on the head after my hospital visit), no taste, no texture! But I’ve gotta do what

As I’m feeling much better, we’re going over the border to Scotland today, the Solway coast. It’s beautiful, looking forward to it.

Have a great day. Congrats @Robin on the elusive HS. @SueEK everything will be fine. Best wishes. Xx

5.3 this morning (so close!!) when I woke. Pre-bolused and then got engrossed in polishing and cleaning shoes, and now 2.8. Oops.

Okay I LOVE polishing shoes. I used to do it for the whole family when I was little trained by my father, and find shiny shoes give so much pleasure. I am on a mission to cream the leather ones, clean the Nuuck, find which winter ones need re heeling and or resolving (I am fussy when I buy shoes and this has to be possible. Not easy nowadays), wash the fabric ones, ....
A bit sad but it keeps me happy, and my shoes last for ages!! Enough

Congratulations @Robin on the HS
Take care @SueEK
@freesia today sound much more enjoyable. I hope the hands are less painful.

Have a good day all.
Mmmm.....don't quite know what to say about the shoe fetish....each to his/her own!!!

Hi folks.

Lots of headspace things going on right now. Legal stuff still tumbling endlessly on, therapy from SurvivorsUK being really challenging as well as hugely supportive of course.
And I’m moving which is a wrench. I’m only moving to the upper floors in this house but it means I’m losing my balcony space so I’ve been decorating and getting my head around advertising this place for rent etc.
Weight is stable, higher than I’d like it to be but it’s stable which is better than increasing, and I’m not routinely testing each morning at the moment.

I do keep popping into the forum and reading posts even if I’m not quite so vocal!

5.8 for me this morning, so hopefully getting over this UTI.

@Robin - congrats on the HS
@SueEK - hope everything goes well
@ColinUK - nice to see you post, hope the move goes well.

Have a great day everyone.

You would know, when you try and make a fist then open your hand, the finger remains "stuck". When you force it open it can be either very painful or a sudden jerk like an electric shock.
Definitely not then. I can make a fist, stretch fingers, move them all around. Its just when any pressure is put on that finger i have the pain through my fingers, hand and up my arm then it aches for a while after.

Good morning everyone 🙂
So at 7:21am it was a bingo legs 11.6 for me - 16u of tresiba taken - if its not worked its way down to under 10mmol when I have my breakfast I do a correction dose with my breakfast insulin so I can avoid any insulin stacking. The 11.6 is no doubt the after effects from last night.
23:27pm bedtime 8.8 - still fancied a bedtime snack of mini choc chip cookies 13g of carbs - told bolus advisor 10g of carbs less and chose not to do insulin for just 3g of carbs and because I had 3 or 4 gin and tonic Oops! - I was also made a wrong choice on the way home after our meal out because I had a freddo 10g of carbs but no insulin

Morning all. A 5.4 for me at 05:13 this morning. Very foggy in West Berks first thing. Now dull and dreary.

Congrats to @Robin on the well deserved HS. @rebrascora sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Hopefully you'll be fighting fit soon. @ColinUK welcome back - we've missed you.

Morning All
A 5.6 for me today at 07:18.
This latest cut in insulin (on Saturday cut from 2 units in morning and 1 unit in evening to 1 and 1), is proving tricky to sort out levels. True I am feeling better but it rises very quickly on eating, where as before I was eating to stop it falling. But I must watch the levels as it will drop quickly during exercise.
my pancreas must still be working in stits and farts.
Well done @Robin on that magic number.
@rebrascora hope you feel better soon.
stay safe all

Back