Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all, woke at 8.0 although I went to sleep at 7.4. What happens in the night I wonder? Hmm been a bit like this recently don't know what to do, surely it's meant to go down at night?

Good luck for all appointments today ❤. Wish me luck we have Ofsted in argh!!

Xx

Morning all, woke at 8.0 although I went to sleep at 7.4. What happens in the night I wonder? Hmm been a bit like this recently don't know what to do, surely it's meant to go down at night?

Xx
Lesson plans, differential learning, and breath.

Oh and hide the naughty kids

Xx

GOOD LUCK 😉

Xx
Could be one of several things.
1. Too little basal, some people find their needs go up in winter
2. Too much basal, you are falling too rapidly and rebounding. Some people find their insulin needs go down in winter!
Answer to both of those is, set an alarm for 3am and find out what's happening then.
3. Stress, your body is gearing up for the day ahead by dumping glucose into your system. See what happens post Offsted!

The fourth option happened to me last night, went to bed on 7.1, woke at 8.3😱. in my case it was underbolusing for one of my daughters home made scones mid evening!

Good morning 🙂 Slept like a stone and an unusual 7.6 for me today :confused:

@Jonsi - it does sound like a split would be better than simply increasing a single dose, since however high you make that single dose, it's expired by the evening. I'd discuss it with your nurse, or possibly moving to a different basal such as lantus or tresiba, which both tend to last closer to 24 hours. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to do a 50/50 split as you might find yourself dropping low in the night - better to be cautious until you discover how it affects you overnight, and if you do split, then schedule some 3am tests to see what is going on 🙂 Good luck! 🙂

Good luck with the appointments today, people, and great HS again @Hazel! 🙂

That's really high for you Northerner. Hope you're not going down with something 😱 Could it be a faulty reading?

Yay Hey! Bubbsie's on her way! 🙂
Nice one...
Thank you Amigo...increasing my walking...mainly with next doors dog...poor Harry...his little legs will be worn down to his elbows soon...but...he knows it's all for a good cause!

That's really high for you Northerner. Hope you're not going down with something 😱 Could it be a faulty reading?
Don't think so. I was 6.8 before bed, although I'm usually lower, not higher, by morning. Might be because I slept in, although that's unusual for me too! Feel OK, just a bit headachy - pretty sure a night hypo would be impossible though! 😱

What and dilute the mystique? Not on your Nellie madam. Working it out will exercise that whopping great big massive...........brain of yours. Yes both cells at once 😛
I don't just fall out of bed looking this good you know. Unlike some, I require more than a yawn and a scratch before I face the world. 😛
In future I'll save your musical treat for later in the day when I have more time on my hands.

Don't think so. I was 6.8 before bed, although I'm usually lower, not higher, by morning. Might be because I slept in, although that's unusual for me too! Feel OK, just a bit headachy - pretty sure a night hypo would be impossible though! 😱
I do hope you're not coming down with something. You've got your trip to Leeds on Saturday 🙂

@Jonsi I can only offer you my personal experience of actually taking isophane which I have done for 32 years. A dose of more than 20 units at 6.00pm does not cause me problems with night time hypo's. Even if it were the case by 3.00am the effects of the insulin have largely worn off.

@Jonsi - it does sound like a split would be better than simply increasing a single dose, since however high you make that single dose, it's expired by the evening. I'd discuss it with your nurse, or possibly moving to a different basal such as lantus or tresiba, which both tend to last closer to 24 hours. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to do a 50/50 split as you might find yourself dropping low in the night - better to be cautious until you discover how it affects you overnight, and if you do split, then schedule some 3am tests to see what is going on 🙂 Good luck! 🙂

Good luck with the appointments today, people, and great HS again @Hazel! 🙂

Inexplicably I've just registered a 7.6 too northerner. Re-did it and 6.9. I do think I had some body cream residue on my finger even though it's within the accepted variations.
Sometimes they just surprise us! 😎

Inexplicably I've just registered a 7.6 too northerner. Re-did it and 6.9. I do think I had some body cream residue on my finger even though it's within the accepted variations.
Sometimes they just surprise us! 😎

He's from Yorkshire. He doesn't apply body cream. He rubs lard all over himself 😛

@Jonsi I can only offer you my personal experience of actually taking isophane which I have done for 32 years. A dose of more than 20 units at 6.00pm does not cause me problems with night time hypo's. Even if it were the case by 3.00am the effects of the insulin have largely worn off.
Thanks DL. Having 20u at 18:00 would definitely mean there was more insulin in my body when I'm eating my main meal of the day
Just for info my eating habit goes like this: Porridge for breakfast. (usually) an apple mid-morning. Plain sandwich for lunch. (usually) an apple mid-afternoon. Evening meal. All of this interspersed with Water/Tea or Coffee. That'd be it. If I do snack, it's of an evening and it'll be walnuts or cashews. Drinking is sharing 1 bottle of wine a week. I know 11 year old Scouts who eat more than I do and I'm the size of a small car!! My (over)weight has stayed pretty constant for about 18 months now.

Back