Group 7-day waking average?

I've fixed the bed.🙂[/QUOT
Now I have my libre the two scores on the doors this morning are 4.1 from libre and 6.4 from finger. Trend overnight looks like I had a couple of fairly low dips at about 1am and another about 4am.
How long should the libre take before it is fully 'settled in' as it's been 13 hours and the two readings are still miles apart?

Sometimes your Libre readings will drift into the same region as your finger prick tests. Sometimes they never even come close to each other. It is far from an exact science unfortunately. I would maintain some finger prick tests for the next 3 days and hopefully your Libre readings may become more believable.

Now I have my libre the two scores on the doors this morning are 4.1 from libre and 6.4 from finger. Trend overnight looks like I had a couple of fairly low dips at about 1am and another about 4am.
How long should the libre take before it is fully 'settled in' as it's been 13 hours and the two readings are still miles apart?
Just remember its the shape of the graph with Libra, those lows are probably not so low. I would guess from your waking averages you're doing most things correctly. Try to mentally calibrate your Libra, so call 4.1 a 6, then look at your lows and add 1.9 to get a slightly more accurate feel. It will be slightly more complicated as accuracy is not mathematically linear. But you won't be far wrong.

Thanks guys.

Good morning! 6.1 today. MRI scan this morning at 9.45. Should be fun.:confused:

What time times are you taking your Isophane? Although it is supposedly a long acting insulin it loses most of its effect after about 7 hours. It may be that if you are only taking a morning dose then you double up with an evening one too.
My thoughts exactly DL... morning injection is around 06:15, tablets shortly afterwards. Tablets only at 18:30(ish). Nursie says I can go up to 40u so does a 20/20 sound realistic?

Jonsi with the best will in the world a morning dose at 6.15am will be doing absolutely nothing for you by 4.00pm the same afternoon. Personally I would split your 40 units as you suggest 20/20 at 6.00 am and 6.00pm and observe results. From here you could tweak up or down according to what you are finding. 40 units a day seems like an arbitrary figure since I would think you need to take the amount you need to control your blood sugars effectively. If this is more or less than 40 units I don't see how it matters too much

Dzień dobry moi najbardziej pachnące kwiaty na cukrzycę. This morning I check in with blood sugars of 3.9mmols

Many years ago. Centuries ago long before the Beatles even had a single fan oh there was a man called Mozart and he was a keyboard man.

Cleo Laine and Johnny Dankworth for you this morning because you are all (Turkish) Delightful 🙂
It would save me valuable 'getting ready time' if you posted a link to your daily musical ditty. Just saying 🙂

NB: Today's was a bit off the wall 🙄

@Jonsi Do you eat after your evening meal? I find that an early supper and then absolutely nothing else until breko delivers pretty good waking levels. I think Bubbsie is also on to this and it seems to be working for her. 🙂

Morning all, another delightful number for me today 10.2! 😡

@Jonsi Do you eat after your evening meal? 🙂
Nope! I have my evening meal - last night's was 2 butcher's beefburgers (very lean) & some baked beans - followed by a coffee. Nothing else real (although I was stuffing my face virtually in the B&B 😉).

Nope! I have my evening meal - last night's was 2 butcher's beefburgers (very lean) & some baked beans - followed by a coffee. Nothing else real (although I was stuffing my face virtually in the B&B 😉).
In that case you deserve better readings mate. Good luck with the medicos. Who knows...they might be able to offer you a workable solution. 🙂

Morning all, another delightful number for me today 10.2! 😡
Stitch, your HbA1c was wrong. Get down the doctors & refuse to leave without insulin!

Back