Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting On A thread I tried to insert a smilie and found this
8D8A37FB-C9FE-4ECE-B499-193A3C52D0FE.jpeg

The items in the menu bar are faded and dont respond

Last edited:
That isn‘t a blank box so much as the end of the navigation bar (if you change the width of your browser you will see it get wider and narrower).

I think the smaller number of buttons were an attempt to reduce clutter
Haha! I must be seeing things!:D I haven't a clue how to change the width of my browser edu&d's🙄You see I'm just a simple person so trying to teach an old dog new tricks might be prove to be just a tad too difficult or *nigh on impossible!😳😉:confused:
Joking apart everydayupsanddowns thank you for pointing out that the blank box is the end of the navigation bar.
WL
Edited*

I've discovered that I can no longer insert a link 'behind' a picture - I used to be able to highlight the picture then click on the link icon and paste the link, but now the menu bar is greyed out and I can't select the link icon.

(I did this so that the origin of the picture could be found by clicking on it, as per copyright rules. I can still obviously post the link below the picture, but wondering if this is a deliberate change or a default in the new upgrade that could be changed)

Last edited:
Personal Messages. I was informed that clicking on the 'envelope' I would get a new page would enable me to PM. I don't - all I get is a list of the PM's sent to me. Is there something I am missing?

No it doesn't - all it says is 'show all'. Click on that and I still don't get 'start a new conversation'.

Nevertheless Grovesy, I thank you for your help.
No problem sorry I was unable to help. HAve you tried clicking on the persons profile you want to send one to and start it that way. I have just sent one doing that,

I've just tried that on your profile - no prompt to send a PM or start a conversation. PS loved the picture of your dogs.

I've discovered that I can no longer insert a link 'behind' a picture - I used to be able to highlight the picture then click on the link icon and paste the link, but now the menu bar is greyed out and I can't select the link icon.

(I did this so that the origin of the picture could be found by clicking on it, as per copyright rules. I can still obviously post the link below the picture, but wondering if this is a deliberate change or a default in the new upgrade that could be changed)
I’ve got the same problem wither the menu bar

When I click yours i get Follow, Ignore, then Send private message, in boxes.

Have you tried clicking on the persons profile you want to send one to and start it that way. I have just sent one doing that,
When I click yours i get Follow, Ignore, then Send private message, in boxes.
message2.png
Personal Messages. I was informed that clicking on the 'envelope' I would get a new page would enable me to PM. I don't - all I get is a list of the PM's sent to me. Is there something I am missing?
It's above the messages, on the right on mine.
message1.png

I think this is less a bug, and more of a settings issue, but here goes.

When I come to the site, I look at "New Posts". When that is displayed, there is a filter already applied to only show unread content:
1583026888560.png

If, in that instance I want to read, or re-read a thread I might be following, I can't always find it, if nobody has contributed in the meantime.

So, my query is: How do I remove that filter from my initial search?

Thanks.

I've just tried that on your profile - no prompt to send a PM or start a conversation. PS loved the picture of your dogs.

There may have been a missing flag on your account.You should have the button now

So, my query is: How do I remove that filter from my initial search?
I *think* that filter is being applied because you are searching within ‘new posts’. You can just be search from under the ‘Forums’ link. You can filter by your own, or another username if it helps find things.

Alternatively I think you can set your preferences to ‘watch’ any thread you contribute to (though that may be a bit unworldly)

Alternatively alternatively (!) you could look under ‘messages’ in your account, which will list all the posts and replies you’ve made and look for it there?

The problem with photos being too big to upload seem to be affecting a number of people.

I will ask if the forum architect knows about this.

The problem with photos being too big to upload seem to be affecting a number of people.

Perhaps the new Forum software has different default limits. I suggested how you can reduce side of pictures above.

Photos that smartphones take are often now thousands of pixels wide and several MB in size. They only need to be a few KB and hundreds of pixels wide to display well on a website. Full-size images will take much longer to upload (even over WiFi), potentially require more mobile data from users, and could slow down the forum, depending on whether the software has the ability to resize before display.

Have you found a way to resize Images on your computer or device before upload?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back