Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just noticed a new bar titled Have you a question about your Diabetes? Click here.
What is this all about ?
If I click on it, it opens in an email I don't use for this forum!

If I click on it, it opens in an email I don't use for this forum!
Does it take you to an email app. If so, it'll be an address set up in that.

No it opens up as an email, as in when you click on contact us on some sites. It is not an app I did it on my laptop and it is not the email I have registered for this site.

No it opens up as an email, as in when you click on contact us on some sites. It is not an app I did it on my laptop and it is not the email I have registered for this site.

It’s an email ‘mail to’ link, which will open an email message using the default email programme and the email account set up on your laptop or device. It isn’t emailing using your forum registration or the forum software 🙂

Last edited:
I’m getting annoyed by the “stay logged in” being set as default. It wasn’t on the old forum, nor is it on other forums. For a start, it’s insecure - what is the point of having a password? But the main thing is if anyone gets unwell, or God forbid, dies, if they remain logged in how long will that last?

It’s an email ‘mail to’ link, which will open an email message using the default email programme and the email account set up on your laptop or device. It isn’t emailing using your forum registration or the forum software 🙂
I have noticed the banner and link is not showing on the app version.
Yes it is opening to one of the email accounts I have set up on my laptop. It is not opening up in the email I have on my forum account.
I also wondered what was the point of this feature too!

I’m getting annoyed by the “stay logged in” being set as default. It wasn’t on the old forum, nor is it on other forums. For a start, it’s insecure - what is the point of having a password? But the main thing is if anyone gets unwell, or God forbid, dies, if they remain logged in how long will that last?
In the past in the death scenario, people being still logged on has allowed their relatives to inform members that the person has died.

I have noticed the banner and link is not showing on the app version.
Yes it is opening to one of the email accounts I have set up on my laptop. It is not opening up in the email I have on my forum account.
I also wondered what was the point of this feature too!

I think it was an experiment for people to be able to contact Diabetes UK and reach out for support who may not want to post their question publically. It has been switched off this morning.

No it opens up as an email,
An email in what? When you do an email it is always in something. Is it a message page on the DUK website? Or your email providers website? Or an email client/app?

I have just noticed a new bar titled Have you a question about your Diabetes? Click here.
I think I've seen it. Has it gone now? Theres just the coronavirus link?

I think it was an experiment for people to be able to contact Diabetes UK and reach out for support who may not want to post their question publically. It has been switched off this morning.
Thank you .
I did want use it myself I was just being nosey.
I did think when I opened if it went unanswered that might be counterproductive, and make people cross if they did not get a quick response. As I have seen the odd posts over the years where people seem to get cross when they don't get a response. I also think some think we are run trained medical staff.

Don't know if it was me or a hiccup on the site. I missed post about it being 'switched' off.

Any update on the problem with no longer being able to see 'Today's Birthdays' now the Members button has been taken away? I've always thought it's nice to be able to wish someone happy birthday on the forum, if they have allowed their DOB to be shown.

Northerner,

I thought I would provide an update with this. We removed the members tab at the top that also showed birthdays. We are currently looking for an updated widget to display them on the main page. The forum architect said he would get back to me soon. Will let you know once we sorted it.

Any update on the problem with no longer being able to see 'Today's Birthdays' now the Members button has been taken away? I've always thought it's nice to be able to wish someone happy birthday on the forum, if they have allowed their DOB to be shown.

Hello @Northerner,

We have successfully put today's birthdays in the top right corner of your screen. 🙂

Putting the birthdays on the right hand side has squished all pages. I don’t know if the intention was only to put it on the main front page but it’s on every page on landscape view on my iPad

Attachments

• 0FFD6AE0-07DA-4FA4-A578-6C757A5DB235.png
    0FFD6AE0-07DA-4FA4-A578-6C757A5DB235.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 3
Putting the birthdays on the right hand side has squished all pages. I don’t know if the intention was only to put it on the main front page but it’s on every page on landscape view on my iPad

I checked on my device, it is displaying at the bottom and not the side. Ill look into this.

Thank you, I was just about to post about this, I'd rather not have them at all than have everything else squashed! Can they not be made smaller, or positioned vertically down the sides or placed above the main messages other something?

They are on bottom left side side on my tablet.

Thank you, I was just about to post about this, I'd rather not have them at all than have everything else squashed! Can they not be made smaller, or positioned vertically down the sides or placed above the main messages other something?

Hello Everyone,

I was able to put the birthdays only on the main page. I dont think it should squish everything. It should be aligned with the other side bars. Let me know if it doesn't.

Yes it's just changed while I’ve been in here, much better now. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back