Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is less a bug, and more of a settings issue, but here goes.

When I come to the site, I look at "New Posts". When that is displayed, there is a filter already applied to only show unread content:
View attachment 13378

If, in that instance I want to read, or re-read a thread I might be following, I can't always find it, if nobody has contributed in the meantime.
Its always been this way.
You could try looking in the individual forums. Of if you decide a thread is of particular interest, you can set it as watched. You can then find it in your watched threads.

I *think* that filter is being applied because you are searching within ‘new posts’. You can just be search from under the ‘Forums’ link. You can filter by your own, or another username if it helps find things.

Alternatively I think you can set your preferences to ‘watch’ any thread you contribute to (though that may be a bit unworldly)

Alternatively alternatively (!) you could look under ‘messages’ in your account, which will list all the posts and replies you’ve made and look for it there?

Your first suggestion is exactly what I do. I'm not searching anything, except to see new posts. The filter is autapplied it seems.

Its always been this way.
You could try looking in the individual forums. Of if you decide a thread is of particular interest, you can set it as watched. You can then find it in your watched threads.

Of course I could look in individual forums, but that isn't what I want to do.

I've discovered that I can no longer insert a link 'behind' a picture - I used to be able to highlight the picture then click on the link icon and paste the link, but now the menu bar is greyed out and I can't select the link icon

Quite by chance, I may have just found where the new software has put that facility... If you select the image in the editor, you get a pop-up toolbar which includes a ‘link’ icon

1583084508106.jpeg

Even one of my resized efforts was too big to upload. I think I had to go to thumbnail get my image uploaded, although not the right way up.

I reported this the other day. As in the pic below . the menu bar is greyed out and does not respond at all .

33323C4D-97EF-4C5C-95EC-6D12C2A2F895.jpeg

I hope you can get this sorted

I reported this the other day. As in the pic the menu bar is greyed out and does not respond at all .
View attachment 13457

I hope you can get this sorted

Sorry to see this :(

Is that everywhere @Ljc? Or only on one thread?

Do you have another device you can try?

It’s everywhere. I will try in my phone later.

No need! I’ve worked it out. At some point you’ve pressed the ‘cog’ icon (not very descriptive) so you are viewing the ‘raw text’ editor which would include all the tags such as
Code:
[B]bold[/B] and
[I]italic[/I]

Just click the cog again and you will re-activate the rich text editor.

Last edited:
No need! I’ve worked it out. At some point you’ve pressed the ‘cog’ icon (not very descriptive) so you are viewing the ‘raw text’ editor which would include all the tags such as
Code:
[B]bold[/B] and
[I]italic[/I]

Just click the cog again and you will re-activate the rich text editor.

It worked DADBBB57-BB57-4E7B-99C7-6D901CEBFC56.gif

Thank you .

Any update on the problem with no longer being able to see 'Today's Birthdays' now the Members button has been taken away? I've always thought it's nice to be able to wish someone happy birthday on the forum, if they have allowed their DOB to be shown.

Used to be that in your posting history there was the ability to view all the threads you've started.

Has that gone away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back