Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all seem to have lost our signatures which most use to show their b/g readings etc. Is there any reason why these have disappeared.

My understanding is that it shows as zero now so that the rankings could be removed - the forum at one point was turning into a sort of pseudo 'popularity' contest. You can still see personally how many 'likes' you have by clicking on your profile on the menu bar then 'Reactions received' - only you can see this number 🙂
Thank you for explaining that to me Northerner and I do understand the reasoning behind it.
WL

We all seem to have lost our signatures which most use to show their b/g readings etc. Is there any reason why these have disappeared.
Not everyone has, I don’t think. I can still see them, including yours. I think @merrymunky had this problem with hers, further up this thread.

I tried to upload one again today in the thread My Garden but again it was too big.
I took a picture of my garden on my ipad, and it was too big to post, even after I'd tried emailing it to myself, but I noticed it gave me the choice of 'full size', medium, or small, a bit like coffees in Costa. I ticked the 'medium’ box, and it reduced the number of megawhatsits or whatever they are, and then it uploaded fine.
The problem I had with it was that the original came out sideways, but when I uploaded the one I'd emailed to myself and saved to my photos, it came out the right way up. I shall never fathom the deeper mysteries of technology.

I tried to upload one again today in the thread My Garden but again it was too big.
This silly moo is confused between downloading and uploading! 🙄 not too familiar with all the techy stuff, still learning! Funny thing is I've not had a problem until now.

I want to open a gardening thread too ~ will see how that goes! Good luck with yours grovesy, your last years was interesting & colourful ~ and mindful that you were recovering from surgery I thought you did really well.
WL

I took a picture of my garden on my ipad, and it was too big to post, even after I'd tried emailing it to myself, but I noticed it gave me the choice of 'full size', medium, or small, a bit like coffees in Costa. I ticked the 'medium’ box, and it reduced the number of megawhatsits or whatever they are, and then it uploaded fine.
The problem I had with it was that the original came out sideways, but when I uploaded the one I'd emailed to myself and saved to my photos, it came out the right way up. I shall never fathom the deeper mysteries of technology.
Thanks I think I understand but it sounds a bit of a faff to me. I never had the problem a few years ago.

Yes... but you can email the full size photo to yourself, and then extract the (now resized) attachment from the email you receive (or from ‘sent items’ which will have been made much smaller. 🙂

I’ve done this on phone/tablet when I didn’t have access to the full-on software I have on my laptop.

I am assuming by ‘downloading’ @Wirralass means adding images to the forum (where there is a block on uploading images above a certain size I think). Apologies if I have this wrong WL 🙂
Spot on edu&d's, and thank you. I save photos & other stuff in my Tablets gallery ~ so when I want to 'attach a file' I tap on 'attach files'; then select a photo; tap on 'done' and it's sent directly to my post. Then I have the option to select which size ie thumbnail or full image. I usually select full image for my waking average thread. For all others I select thumbnail. No probs.
mymoodsmiley_2.png
Thumbnail

But on the last one that brought me to my query ~ I wasn't given that choice.

Perhaps I should enrol on a course to improve my IT skills?!🙄
WL

Where have you moved the 'Members' button to, anywhere? Without it there doesn't appear to be access to the list of 'Today's Birthdays' :( Unless I'm missing something!
And this is what I'm seeing on my Tablet.
20200228_174907.jpg
Full image.
Erm! There's a blank box now next to Learning zone!!🙄:D
More paracetamol @josh?🙂
WL
Edited.

Last edited:
Where have you moved the 'Members' button to, anywhere? Without it there doesn't appear to be access to the list of 'Today's Birthdays' :( Unless I'm missing something!
I'm sure 'Today's Birthdays' were situated at the very bottom of the page Northerner near: Members on line. But vanished now!:(
WL

I can see yours & others and mine.
WL

Not everyone has, I don’t think. I can still see them, including yours. I think @merrymunky had this problem with hers, further up this thread.
MM only uses an iPhone I think but the prob has been sorted for her.
WL

The problem I had with it was that the original came out sideways, but when I uploaded the one I'd emailed to myself and saved to my photos, it came out the right way up. I shall never fathom the deeper mysterie
There's a bit in the file telling programmes which way round to display it. Unfortunately this doesn't always work. Or sometimes implemented badly in the website.
Facebook initially shows some the wrong way (unadjusted) until after you've finished posting & fully processed.

I am still not able to log out.
I do the log out after clicking on my profile, but when I return to my computer I am still logged in.
Please can anyone help?

what device are you viewing on @JMyrtle? We made a change to ensure signatures displayed on smartphones, but it may be that yours needs a different screen width.

And this is what I'm seeing on my Tablet.
View attachment 13367
Full image.
Erm! There's a blank box now next to Learning zone!!🙄:D
More paracetamol @josh?🙂
WL
Edited.

That isn‘t a blank box so much as the end of the navigation bar (if you change the width of your browser you will see it get wider and narrower).

I think the smaller number of buttons were an attempt to reduce clutter

I’m finding the 'keep me logged in' box is pre-ticked every time I log in, even though I keep unticking it, so unless I remember to uncheck it every time when I log in, it keeps me logged in. (I haven’t had the problem of logging out and then finding I'm logged in again, as per your second post, though)
Same here Robin. Frustrating!
WL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back