Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I even tried using a quote to reply and even that did not work.
How weird, I just tried replying to my own last post on that thread (and then deleted it) and it worked fine. I don’t know if this is because I created the thread, or what.

I have just managed to post on the thread, on my Tablet ! Strange!

I am on a tablet now and I haven’t had any issues posting or replying, but let me knowing anything changes.

We also removed two buttons from the navbar to help with the stability and avoid the screen wobbles.

Hooray, the donate button now sits inside the boudaries of the biggest frame. Large sticky bun for tha architect ...... assuming of course he is not on a low carb diet.

Hooray, the donate button now sits inside the boudaries of the biggest frame. Large sticky bun for tha architect ...... assuming of course he is not on a low carb diet.

Yay! Glad it’s worked. The header should now adapt smoothly at different screen widths too.

I for some reason reason last night could not reply on @Robin post about the foot cream. Could type the reply but then hit post and nothing happened.
I tried numerous times and in between tries I could reply to other posts.
This was on my laptop.
This has happened to me grovesy but then my post has disappeared altogether and have had to start from scratch again!
WL

Can anyone please tell me how to reduce the size of my photos so I can download them. I ain't a clue🙄
WL

One thing I have noticed in my Account ~ it gives the number of messages I have posted but zero number of Reactions! Maybe the Upgrade Team haven't got round to addressing this yet? Not urgent btw.
WL

I doubt this is a bug, but more a comment from me.

If the forum is to be portrayed as lively, vibrant and active, does it make sense for the following link to be on the landing page? :

1582866932340.png

A latest contribution of 2013 feels a bit mature perhaps?

Of course, this is just my reaction, but it might not give the best of impressions?

One thing I have noticed in my Account ~ it gives the number of messages I have posted but zero number of Reactions! Maybe the Upgrade Team haven't got round to addressing this yet? Not urgent btw.
WL
My understanding is that it shows as zero now so that the rankings could be removed - the forum at one point was turning into a sort of pseudo 'popularity' contest. You can still see personally how many 'likes' you have by clicking on your profile on the menu bar then 'Reactions received' - only you can see this number 🙂

Can anyone please tell me how to reduce the size of my photos so I can download them. I ain't a clue🙄
WL

Sorry I can't help I had that problem doing the Beta testing.

Many email programmes will resize images automatically (with options for small/medium/large) to reduce the size before sending.

If you don’t have software to resize images, you may simply be able to email them to yourself and select ‘small’ or ‘medium’... then detach the photos from the received email and keep them in a ‘small versions’ folder (if on laptop) or simply paste them in if on phone/tablet.

My understanding is that it shows as zero now so that the rankings could be removed - the forum at one point was turning into a sort of pseudo 'popularity' contest. You can still see personally how many 'likes' you have by clicking on your profile on the menu bar then 'Reactions received' - only you can see this number 🙂

Glad that got headed off!

Many email programmes will resize images automatically (with options for small/medium/large) to reduce the size before sending.

If you don’t have software to resize images, you may simply be able to email them to yourself and select ‘small’ or ‘medium’... then detach the photos from the received email and keep them in a ‘small versions’ folder (if on laptop) or simply paste them in if on phone/tablet.
That's for sending, not downloading.
If you're wanting to resize an image on your PC, you can use Paint, GIMP, ArcSoft PhotoSudio (those are the ones I use) or most other image editing programmes.
As for resizing for downloading, I've no idea.

That's for sending, not downloading.

Yes... but you can email the full size photo to yourself, and then extract the (now resized) attachment from the email you receive (or from ‘sent items’ which will have been made much smaller. 🙂

I’ve done this on phone/tablet when I didn’t have access to the full-on software I have on my laptop.

I am assuming by ‘downloading’ @Wirralass means adding images to the forum (where there is a block on uploading images above a certain size I think). Apologies if I have this wrong WL 🙂

Yes... but you can email the full size photo to yourself, and then extract the (now resized) attachment from the email you receive (or from ‘sent items’ which will have been made much smaller. 🙂

I’ve done this on phone/tablet when I didn’t have access to the full-on software I have on my laptop.

I am assuming by ‘downloading’ @Wirralass means adding images to the forum (where there is a block on uploading images above a certain size I think).
Yes, some e-mail does that. On one version of Android they did have resize feature in the gallery. Then removed it again :( Annoying.

We also removed two buttons from the navbar to help with the stability and avoid the screen wobbles.
Where have you moved the 'Members' button to, anywhere? Without it there doesn't appear to be access to the list of 'Today's Birthdays' :( Unless I'm missing something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back