Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just testing the font size on my Tablet. As I write, the font size is huge! But will see if it remains that size after I've posted.
WL

Here's something I have found irritating: the time allowed between posting seems to have been extended to two minutes i.e. you post something then have to wait two minutes before you can post again. I understand the reasons for having a gap, but I'm pretty sure it was much less than 2 minutes before - 30 seconds at most, I think.

Here's something I have found irritating: the time allowed between posting seems to have been extended to two minutes i.e. you post something then have to wait two minutes before you can post again. I understand the reasons for having a gap, but I'm pretty sure it was much less than 2 minutes before - 30 seconds at most, I think.

Okay i think i have changed it back to 30 seconds. It may have went back into default when we upgraded.

Have to say, on a (Windows) PC the Donate button looks a bit odd in its current position as it feels as though it should be aligned on the right, but it's in the middle of nowhere.

View attachment 13314
Depends on the size of your text where it is. For me with large text it is on the far right! Or even partly missing off RH edge.

Have to say, on a (Windows) PC the Donate button looks a bit odd in its current position as it feels as though it should be aligned on the right, but it's in the middle of nowhere.
Hello Northerner,
We tried to have it shifted to the right, but it cause problems with the layout on mobile phones and tablets.
Yes, I have been following its journey across the page :D No big deal, but as an ex-programmer it would irritate me to hell! 😱 :D BTW, I have not found any problems on my smartphone (a Moto G5S running Android) 🙂
It's down to the fixed position nature I was talking about.Unlike Reply, Post reply and Preview.
I've only done a couple of websites myself. Can take some doing to get all the bits right.
On my tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab A (1200 pixel width in portrait mode), it just fits now. The arrow part of (organge) Donate drops onto the next line.

It's down to the fixed position nature I was talking about.Unlike Reply, Post reply and Preview.
I've only done a couple of websites myself. Can take some doing to get all the bits right.
On my tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab A (1200 pixel width in portrait mode), it just fits now. The arrow part of (organge) Donate drops onto the next line.
Same Tablet as mine Ralph. My screen is same as yours with the arrow beneath the word donate.
WL

Actually, I had a proper look on my android smartphone yesterday and couldn't find the Donate button anywhere! 😱 Everything lines up fine though.

Actually, I had a proper look on my android smartphone yesterday and couldn't find the Donate button anywhere! 😱 Everything lines up fine though.

I think many smartphones switch to an alternative header, based on screen width.

Last edited:
I for some reason reason last night could not reply on @Robin post about the foot cream. Could type the reply but then hit post and nothing happened.
I tried numerous times and in between tries I could reply to other posts.
This was on my laptop.

This is good being able to read the text again. Thanks for sorting out that Josh, and for all the other changes.

I have just turned on my computer to find that I am still logged in. I think at some point I midst have hit a button saying keep me logged in, but cannot find it anywhere. Can

This time I consciously logged out, but when I turned my computer on again I found I was still logged in. Repeated this and still do not seem to be able to log out.

This is good being able to read the text again. Thanks for sorting out that Josh, and for all the other changes.

I have just turned on my computer to find that I am still logged in. I think at some point I midst have hit a button saying keep me logged in, but cannot find it anywhere. Can
I’m finding the 'keep me logged in' box is pre-ticked every time I log in, even though I keep unticking it, so unless I remember to uncheck it every time when I log in, it keeps me logged in. (I haven’t had the problem of logging out and then finding I'm logged in again, as per your second post, though)

Just noticed that the phone number is now partially obscured by the Menu bar on PC:

ss05.png

I for some reason reason last night could not reply on @Robin post about the foot cream. Could type the reply but then hit post and nothing happened.
I tried numerous times and in between tries I could reply to other posts.
This was on my laptop.

I get that too, with Robin's thread. Weird!

The header spacing should now be fixed. Sing out if you are still getting any alignment issues (but perhapd try clearing your browser cache first?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back