Forum Upgrade Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting annoyed by the “stay logged in” being set as default. It wasn’t on the old forum, nor is it on other forums. For a start, it’s insecure - what is the point of having a password? But the main thing is if anyone gets unwell, or God forbid, dies, if they remain logged in how long will that last?

Hello @mikeyB,

Sorry for the late response with this. We have had a tough time figuring out how to fix issue, but I believe we have found the problem. We have unticked the stay logged in button for everyone on the forum. If you are unresponsive on the forum for more than 10 minutes, the forum should log you out. Let me know if you have any issues.

Hello @mikeyB,

Sorry for the late response with this. We have had a tough time figuring out how to fix issue, but I believe we have found the problem. We have unticked the stay logged in button for everyone on the forum. If you are unresponsive on the forum for more than 10 minutes, the forum should log you out. Let me know if you have any issues.
Presumably those of us who do like to stay logged in will still be able to set this?

It does not seem to have logged ne out, but I like to stay logged in nott a problem for me.

I just logged on and im still signed in. I will have another look into this.

hi @Josh DUK not sure if its a new bug, but today i tried to search for an older thread you posted about the corona virus (i wanted to copy and paste the link for it to a new thread relating to the subject today, for a member asking a question on their son's behalf). No matter what trigger words i used i.e. virus, corona ....or putting in your name (as I was reasonably sure you posted the 'official' brief about the virus. Or even selecting posts back to January - nothing came up. Not sure if I did something wrong, but i drew a complete blank.

hi @Josh DUK not sure if its a new bug, but today i tried to search for an older thread you posted about the corona virus (i wanted to copy and paste the link for it to a new thread relating to the subject today, for a member asking a question on their son's behalf). No matter what trigger words i used i.e. virus, corona ....or putting in your name (as I was reasonably sure you posted the 'official' brief about the virus. Or even selecting posts back to January - nothing came up. Not sure if I did something wrong, but i drew a complete blank.

Hello Tee G, I just tested this on my computer and phone the search feature. I was able to come up with results. I may have to rebuild the search feature again just in case.

I have used the search facility before the site upgrade and it worked fine (sorry, forgot to mention this).

Hi @Josh DUK - just did a quick 'test' using corona virus and it gave multiple results- seems all fixed now 🙂

Hello @mikeyB,

Just to say I'm not permanently logged in anymore now. Thank you for sorting this problem out @Josh DUK, it is appreciated.
WL

How do you delete pictures from your media? Or an album? Used to be able to.

How do you delete pictures from your media? Or an album? Used to be able to.
I flagged that up during the pre-release testing, with @Josh DUK It has never been fully resolved. As far as I remember, you need to have administrator rights to do that.

Dez

Stay safe and well and stay at home.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I can't find anything more recent about this or anything similar - @Josh DUK or @everydayupsanddowns please can you work out why my birthday doesn't appear in the today's birthdays section? It used to on old forum, my preferences are set to show it, but I've just noticed it's not there any more! Thanks.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I can't find anything more recent about this or anything similar - @Josh DUK or @everydayupsanddowns please can you work out why my birthday doesn't appear in the today's birthdays section? It used to on old forum, my preferences are set to show it, but I've just noticed it's not there any more! Thanks.

Sorry to hear your birthday wasn't listed yesterday @TheClockworkDodo

The only thing I can thing is that yesterday must have been particularly busy for birthdays? As your username starts with T you'll be towards the end of the listed members so may not have been visible on the list :(

I made a temporary change and got your avatar to show today, but it was almost the last one shown!

Whilst we are on the topic of the forum.
Is it "designed behaviour" to check about once a week whether I want pushed notifications and ignore my "don't ask again" response?
This only happens on my phone where I use a Chrome browser. It is slightly annoying but not the worst thing in the world.

I sincerely hope it doesn't log me out, no idea whatever of my password, I stay logged in to save me the trouble of remembering such things as I'm happy to be making public posts to the world, I never say anything secret and don't think anyone else ever does unless it's eg Any ideas what I might get (whoever) for Xmas?

Whenever we are away from home sans lappys eg last weekend and next weekend, we have to satisfy ourselves with just reading things on our phones, rather than commenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back