Diabetes Support UK Challenge! We're off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 60 miles from me - not counting the 10 or so hours ballroom dancing we did last week on holiday in Dawlish Warren.

The thread which refuses to die!

Aha! First time for ages that I've managed a 10km row (albeit split into a 6km, rest, 2km, rest and 2km stints).

Anyway, since my last post chalk up .....

54 miles walking and rowing.

Andy

Yesterday I jogged in the swimming pool, only 200m = 0.12 miles !😱

Recently I'm doing stepping on the spot. With this exercise, you have to lift your thigh until it becomes parallel to the floor. Done 1800 steps since last week. 🙂

Well done everyone! I was hoping to be able to add the 10 miles of the Great South Run this week, but haven't been able to manage anything! :(

I'll add things up and put the new destination on at the weekend 🙂

Thought this post had stoped - stupid me! Didn't check my last post date, but still do at least 2 miles a day at work and 4 or 5 at weekend with dog, hope somebodyy can add that up!!

Just checked back, last post was 26/9/10, so conservatively add 60 miles

Last edited:
Another terrific effort by everyone has got us from Haverfordwest to Winchester, via Bristol (hi John!), Bath, Oxford and Reading - a total of 293 miles!

HaverfordwesttoWinchester.jpg

The most beautiful building on Earth, the Royal Crescent, Bath:

The-Royal-Crescent-Bath-England.jpg

The Dreaming Spires of Oxford:

oxford_aerial.jpg

...and the lawns outside Winchester Cathedral!

winchester-cathedral.jpg

Right! I'm off to The Wickham Arms for a sausage and a pint!

2miles on Friday, plus Saturday and Sunday dog walks, total 7 miles. OH doing this afternoon walk while I watch football!

Intentional walking? I take it that unintentional walking would be otherwise known as sleepwalking?

I'm confused!

Andy :D

Haha. Unintentional walking to me is walking around the house, going shopping etc etc. Obviously this walking is still very much intentional, but I would't have a clue how far I've walked. Intentional walking = I'm going to walk approx. 4 miles to walk in the morning because google maps says so :D

Well done katie! Have you broken your 'habit'? 😉

Not completely I'm afraid. Still when drinking I indulge, but getting better 😛

The pictures of Bath etc. are lovely - and the weather looked lovely! 🙂 As I type, it is fairly tipping it down here. :(

Since my last post, I can add another 43 miles of walking or cycling to our total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back