Diabetes Support UK Challenge! We're off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, where are we now in our little Odyssey?

I did 27.3k on my exercise bike today - I actually raised the temperature in my room by 3c in the process! 😱

I did 27.3k on my exercise bike today - I actually raised the temperature in my room by 3c in the process! 😱

You don't cycle in a closet do you? :D

I'd hate to think how much I'd have to row to raise the room temperature in my mansion hall! 😉

Andy

You don't cycle in a closet do you? :D

Nope, ordinary-sized room. Mind you, I was watching Shakira live in Rotterdam DVD to take my mind away from the boredom of the exercise, might have had something to do with it! :D

Well done everyone! We have completed another 422 miles, travelling from Barmouth in Wales to Peterborough, via Derby, Skegness, Norwich (hi aymes!) and Cambridge!

Oh no, I was on holiday when you 'came' to Norwich, come back!!

While away I did do a day's kayaking in the sea, exploring islands etc, probably 3 hours actual kayaking. Also did two 4 mile walks on the beach and a day walking round Seville. The rest of the holiday wasn't particularly exercise heavy though I'm afraid!

We've just started going to gym and swimming sessions for stroke/TIA sufferers. I'm a carer, I too can use the gym for free !
For today's induction session, I did:
bike for 10 mins
rowing for 10 mins
walking for 10 mins
Not much exercise, but I really enjoyed!

Oh no, I was on holiday when you 'came' to Norwich, come back!!

While away I did do a day's kayaking in the sea, exploring islands etc, probably 3 hours actual kayaking. Also did two 4 mile walks on the beach and a day walking round Seville. The rest of the holiday wasn't particularly exercise heavy though I'm afraid!

KayC - well done, great that you have free gym access! 🙂

Sorry we missed you aymes! Hope you enjoyed your holiday! 🙂

Today I have been for a 3 mile run, with a 1.1k warmdown on the EB and 15 mins in the company of Gay Gasper 😉

5 miles cycling today (and nothing yesterday).

I've decided to go easy on the exercise for a bit to see whether a bit of rest will settle my calf muscles down a bit. It seems like they're always on the cusp of cramping up at the moment (but have been better so far today).

Andy 🙂

5 miles cycling today (and nothing yesterday).

I've decided to go easy on the exercise for a bit to see whether a bit of rest will settle my calf muscles down a bit. It seems like they're always on the cusp of cramping up at the moment (but have been better so far today).

Andy 🙂

Andy, I have referred to my running 'bible' (Lore of Running by Tim Noakes), and he talks about the 'Schwellnus Theory' with regards to cramping. There's an online article about it here, might be something to help you:

http://www.ultrafitness.net/article_5.htm

Andy, I have referred to my running 'bible' (Lore of Running by Tim Noakes), and he talks about the 'Schwellnus Theory' with regards to cramping. There's an online article about it here, might be something to help you:

http://www.ultrafitness.net/article_5.htm

Thanks, Northey. I think that my last cramps might have done a bit of temporary damage to the calf muscles too (it's still a bit tender when I stretch them). I think that the proper and regular stretching will be key going forward.

Andy 🙂

14 miles running/walking this week.
Got to get down to a training plan now I as got London Marathon acceptance this week. (At 6th attempt, it will probably be my first London and last marathon , the training takes up far too much time)

14 miles running/walking this week.
Got to get down to a training plan now I as got London Marathon acceptance this week. (At 6th attempt, it will probably be my first London and last marathon , the training takes up far too much time)

Oh excellent Helen! I've never actually applied to London, I think they've been overstretching themsleves for years - same with the GNR. The Great South Run is just about manageable as a mass race at the moment, but reaching capacity at 20,000. Running a marathon is hard enough, but rying to keep an even pace in all those crowds is very difficult, so you need to be quite a bit fitter than you might need to be for a less crowded event. I have to admit that my great joy in running is the solitude! 🙂 Hope the training goes well!

Just walked most of Hadrian's Wall - about 70 miles, I reckon, in 5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back