Diabetes Support UK Challenge! We're off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
32k (20 miles) on the exercise bike this morning - 1109 calories! Interestingly, I was 5.5 before which is a bit lower than I would have liked so I had a couple of jelly babies. Afterwards I was 4.3, which I was pretty impressed with! 🙂

32k (20 miles) on the exercise bike this morning - 1109 calories! Interestingly, I was 5.5 before which is a bit lower than I would have liked so I had a couple of jelly babies. Afterwards I was 4.3, which I was pretty impressed with! 🙂

Very impressive! I'm guessing 1hr 35mins duration?

Andy 🙂

p.s. Oh and 7miles walking yesterday and today for me.

Very impressive! I'm guessing 1hr 35mins duration?

Andy 🙂

51 mins 26 seconds! (averaging around 37kph 🙂) I was going to stop at 21.1k, which is equivalent to a half marathon, then decided to try for 15 miles (24.3k), still not worn out so went for 20 miles! Was tempted to go for 1hr but then I would probably have carried on to attempt 42.2k (a marathon distance) and my blood sugar would probably have dropped through the floor! 🙂

51 mins 26 seconds! (averaging around 37kph 🙂) I was going to stop at 21.1k, which is equivalent to a half marathon, then decided to try for 15 miles (24.3k), still not worn out so went for 20 miles! Was tempted to go for 1hr but then I would probably have carried on to attempt 42.2k (a marathon distance) and my blood sugar would probably have dropped through the floor! 🙂

I'm intrigued. That's a very impressive speed for such a long duration. Does the bike have a gears? The reason I ask is that for any exercise bike I've seen, my legs would be screaming around at a rate of knots to achieve that! 🙂

Andy

I'm intrigued. That's a very impressive speed for such a long duration. Does the bike have a gears? The reason I ask is that for any exercise bike I've seen, my legs would be screaming around at a rate of knots to achieve that! 🙂

Andy

It's a Kettler Golf E - I bought it when I was trying to strengthen my legs again after breaking my leg. This was back in the days when I had money, so it's gym quality. It uses a magnetic brake system, so you can set levels of resistance. My main problems are I get bored, my arms ache, and I get very hot, but my legs don't get too tired - very different to running.

I've done about 30 k over the last few months at the gym, keep forgetting to let you know so please add these in.

Hurrah! Well done everyone! Our collective efforts have seen us travel from Peterborough to Haverfordwest, via Leicester, Birmingham, Worcester, Gloucester, Cardiff and Swansea! A grand total of 283 miles!

PeterboroughtoHaverfordwest.jpg

Penny Blacks bar, Birmingham - that's our table!

penny_blacks_eating.jpg

Cardiff

cardiff.jpg

Haverfordwest

haverfordwest.jpg

Have another 45 miles from me since my last post. (At least it will be once I have cycled home tonight!)

Off to Dawlish for a ballroom dancing holiday next week - school holiday here. :D

Does dancing count? :confused: (I haven't included it in any of my totals so far) If so, any ideas how to work out how far a waltz etc. might count?

7 miles walking for me.

My legs are continuing to improve, but are still a bit 'twitchy', so no rowing for a bit longer I think.

Andy 🙂

never posted on here as i am not very active, but walked 5 miles this morning as all the vans were booked out at work...................:D

My gawd if i'd seen this before!! I do half hour on the trampoline a day ... 50 rotations either way on my ab cruncher (try working that out lol!!). Monday walked 2 miles and today I walked a further 5!! Probably going further taking muttley out tonight so i'll let ya know!! XxXxX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back