Diabetes Support UK Challenge! We're off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since my last post, I walked 12 km = 7.2 miles and did 2700 steps.
Didn't do any exercise today, hope 2hr intensive housework would compensate it.
🙂

Last edited:
I think this is about right!

40miles walking, cycling and rowing since my last post.

It's about 10miles more than it would have been had I not accidentally left my debit card in the Slough Tesco on Saturday! I cycled back this morning to go and get it.

Being forgetful has its benefits occasionally. 🙄

Can't even walk the dog at the moment! 150 yards and I'm fighting for breath - bronchoscopy tomorrow, so hopefully then with that and the CT on Friday I should know what's going on; then hope to be back to the forest for a few hours each day 🙂

Mind you, you're still better with Bruces distance than mine 😱 In the field for each mile I [usually] do he does four his average speed is pushing 20MPH...

Youth eh? 😉

Can't even walk the dog at the moment! 150 yards and I'm fighting for breath - bronchoscopy tomorrow, so hopefully then with that and the CT on Friday I should know what's going on; then hope to be back to the forest for a few hours each day 🙂

Mind you, you're still better with Bruces distance than mine 😱 In the field for each mile I [usually] do he does four his average speed is pushing 20MPH...

Youth eh? 😉

Hope the tests are ok and that your up and walking soon with Bruce.🙂Bev

Hope the tests are ok and that your up and walking soon with Bruce.🙂Bev

Thanks Bev, unfortunately I seem to be failing these tests quite well at the moment, just hoping the consultant has a few ideas up his sleeve on how to rectify the matter 😎

This thread had sloped off and was found cringeing away on Page 6.

I've given it a good thrashing and have told it to behave. 😱

Anyway, please add .....

30 miles walking and cycling.

Andy 🙂

Right! Another 227 miles covered, so that takes us from Winchester to Truro, via Plymouth and Newquay!

WinchestertoTruro.jpg

Plymouth's bustling, modern streets:

plymouth.jpg

Off for a surf in Newquay:

Newquay.jpg

And finally, magnifcent Truro Cathedral:

truro_cathedral.jpg

My mum's in Truro at the moment, wave as you go past :D

It looks lovely there. i'll have to visit her.

Managed 12.8k on the exercise bike and 15 mins with Gay Gasper - nearly killed me! Boy, have I become unfit! 😱

Last edited:
Clocked up a lot of miles since I last posted to this as have a half marathon next Sunday. I won't backdate though, today I did 5.5miles running, would have been more but I then hurt my knee and had to limp back, not hopeful for next week now....:(

Aymes, best of luck for next week. Hope your injury recovers quickly.

I dont run as far as you, but i know what its like as i get sore knees and legs when i push myself hard.

Clocked up a lot of miles since I last posted to this as have a half marathon next Sunday. I won't backdate though, today I did 5.5miles running, would have been more but I then hurt my knee and had to limp back, not hopeful for next week now....:(

Know exactly how you feel aymes :( Can you get a deferral if you decide not to run? That's what I had to do this year for the GSR and I've only just about got over the injury that forced me out. Hope your injury heals quickly, but don't make it worse by running if you don't think you are up to it - 13.1 miles is a long way to limp!

I hope it heals in time for you, aymes.

Anyway, add another 6 miles to the total for me.

Apart from a painful right calf from my cramp the other night, I actually felt pretty good. My fingers are well and truly crossed and I'm going to have a long soak in a nice hot bubbly type bath this evening to help the healing process along (well that's the theory!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back