Who has had their *second* jab?

Totalwar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had Pfizer jab yesterday they moved it a week early.my wife had her moved a week early as well.Due to Supply considerations they said.

Hepato-pancreato

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Oxford jab number 2 this thursday at my local vaccination hub, which happens to be my Rugby League teams homeground. Well done Totally Wicked stadium, St.Helens R.L.F.C. What a marvellous job you are doing. No side effects from number 1 so i presume number 2 will be the same.

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just got a call from my surgery to say they have a slot for me tomorrow afternoon. That'll make it just over 10 weeks since my first one.

Contused

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had my second jab last Friday. The most irritating part of the whole procedure was the twenty minute wait outside the health centre in a cold wind, culminating in a rather delayed entry to the health centre. The organisation was much poorer during this second session than that accomplished by the Royal Marines during the first session. Otherwise satisfactory.

NotPink

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Had my second jab last Friday. The most irritating part of the whole procedure was the twenty minute wait outside the health centre in a cold wind, culminating in a rather delayed entry to the health centre. The organisation was much poorer during this second session than that accomplished by the Royal Marines during the first session. Otherwise satisfactory.
And it has been so bitterly cold out there. Our local surgery 2nd jab arrangements were by appt. and we arrived early by 5 mins and went straight in after temp. and questions. Much the same as first attempt. Maybe we were just lucky.

John D M

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
2nd dose this morning. Very straightforward, in & out in 5 minute

Amigo

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had my second one yesterday and it was twice as painful as the first. I hadn’t a single problem after the first jab but I’ve been ill since this second one, have been up shivering most of the night and still have the headache from Hell! :(

Anitram

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had mine this afternoon. Vaccination Centre was in a church hall, practically next door to my surgery, and only 2 miles away, so very local.

Relieved to be fully vaccinated. When you see what's happening in India you realise just how fortunate we are here.

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had mine on 25th March but like other’s work for the NHS. No problems with either and very happy to have had them. My husband had his second last week as well.

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Following on from the ‘first jab’ thread...

and as suggested by @helli - Here’s a place for folks to compare notes on their experiences of the booster vaccine for Covid 19, whether any side effects were better or worse... and how close to the suggested timings it was able to happen :)
Im having mine tomorrow morning, 12 weeks since the first one.
Will be interesting to see if it affects my BG levels.

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
haven't had my second jab but had my first one and got a good itchy reaction..i do suffer with allergies and was half expecting this. no serious reaction as that could of been really nasty. apart from the itchy skin nothing else really.

luckily i carry anti-histamine, will be talking to my doctors about this situation see what they recommend for safety reasons.

was that astra one.

NotPink

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I had my second one yesterday and it was twice as painful as the first. I hadn’t a single problem after the first jab but I’ve been ill since this second one, have been up shivering most of the night and still have the headache from Hell...

I was the other way round with flu like symptoms and lethargy from first jab for 8 days but my 2nd jab 2 days ago ... nothing except much tiredenss so far. fingers still crossed.

Hepato-pancreato

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Done and dusted. In my town as of thursday 100,000 people have had their 1st jab and 20,000 have had their second. A high uptake in accepting the jab rather than refusing it.

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
OH has just had his second AZ, he was due in the next few days anyway, but was called in today by the surgery and asked if he could report straight way, as they’d got some spare from this morning's clinic. Hope he doesn’t get any side effects this time, as we’ve booked a day out at a NT garden tomorrow. Mine is next week at the main football stadium, because that's where I had my first.