Who has had their *second* jab?

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
We had our second jabs at home yesterday. No problems, apart from the same mild headache I got from the first. I can tell it’s the vaccine doing that because I haven’t had a headache for decades. And a curious sensation of liberation. Think I’ll get a T shirt printed with “I’ve been vaccinated, give us a kiss”.
Glad you’ve got them both now Mike. I’ve had zero side effects this time.
It’s a lovely feeling knowing we’re fully immunised, I too feel like hugging and kissing everyone. We’re seeing the family at the weekend, the first time, apart from a short doorstep visit on Mother’s Day, since Christmas. I might give the grandchildren a wee squeeze.

Annemarie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
@mikeyB if you do get your T shirt printed please order one for me too!
No relaxation of lockdown for us as I have two weeks complete isolation prior to my operation but once I’m home again I’ll hug and kiss for England

Spozkins

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Day two post second jab and I feel fine. BGs normal too. After the first jab, I had a terrible headache the first day and was pretty washed out day two. Fine by day three. So, it’s looking hopeful that I’ve escaped any side effects. I can’t even feel any pain in the injection site. Hope this helps those who had side effects with the first, it obviously doesn’t mean you’ll get them the second time. Fingers crossed that’s it for me.
Was it the AstraZeneca jab you had eggyg?

Merlin&Ebs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Following on from the ‘first jab’ thread...

and as suggested by @helli - Here’s a place for folks to compare notes on their experiences of the booster vaccine for Covid 19, whether any side effects were better or worse... and how close to the suggested timings it was able to happen :)
I had my first jab 9th feb have my second booked for 10th April will let you know how I get on. Had the Oxford AstraZeneca jab and was sleepy/groggy for 3 days struggled to get up to feed cat and let dog out etc

Merlin&Ebs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Sorry you had side effects and hope you are ok now. I eventually emerged fine from after vax effects but it took a while. Yes, its better than covid definitely. I wonder why some get bigger side effects than others. Does it say something about their immune systems? No one seems to say. There are many other vaccines coming thru now that are administered in single jabs and more effective tackling variants.
A dr told me that they think if you get worse side effects you were more likely to get serious illness from COVID-19 I don’t know how true that is tho

Annemarie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was told that too Merlin but I was also told if you have a reaction after the first jab you’re likely to have a more severe reaction after the second. My first jab - sore arm for a couple of days then a significant headache for 10 days. Second jab - no reaction at all, not even a sore arm.
The wonders of the human body!

Becka

One week later, and still not experiencing any side effects from the second Pfizer dose. Except the bruise…

Two weeks later, and still not experiencing any side effects from the second Pfizer dose. Except the bruise, which does not want to go but is least yellow with deep purple speckling now than the opposite.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Oh yellow is a good sign of healing for bruises usually!

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My OH had second Pfizer jab yesterday and feels dizzy with higher than normal blood pressure this morning which we hope will pass soon as he had no problems with the first dose.

Maca44

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yes same here had my second Pfizer dose Yesterday and my arm is killing me and I feel abit fuzzy in the head as if I have a cold coming on, first jab just had sore shoulder for a few days.

NotPink

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
A dr told me that they think if you get worse side effects you were more likely to get serious illness from COVID-19 I don’t know how true that is tho
Listening to the radio this morning the experts have said they have not procured enough evidence to clarify that.
And for any one experiencing any side effects atall to please report them on the Yellow Card Scheme site...yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk ...which collects data from the public after a covid vaccine. They were quite insistent as it is the only way they can collate side effects.
I was quite poorly after the first jab but expecting the second any day.

Maz2

Had my first Oxford jab on the 6th Feb. No second appt. yet but am asuured it will happen. I had over a week of side effects...bone ache, headache, nausea and tiredness. My husband had no side effects apart from a sore arm. Bit concerned regarding the lates news on clotting. Is anyone else?
I am not really concerned and will have my 2nd one. I had AZ and felt shivery and washed out day after. I was fine on the Monday. Tuesday felt washed out again and sick and on Wednesday felt like I had a common cold. Felt below par for about a week. My hubby is 58 and had no problems. No one else I know who had AZ had any side effects. A lady I know had Pfizer and was in bed for a couple of days.

Pfizer has had incidents of blood clots too but to a lesser extent. The chances of a blood clot if I get COVID is 1 in 10 to 1 in 20. With the vaccine with the present figures it is 1 in 255,000 or so. I prefer to take the chance with the vaccine than the virus.

Maz2

I’m not concerned about the news reports at the moment as there have also been the same number of clots in those who have had the Pfizer, and again in the general population who have had neither vaccine, so really no evidence of any links to vaccine yet. Quite possibly a political decision as it’s all EU countries? I’m more inclined to listen to the WHO over safety and they say there are no links at this stage.
I have been wondering that about it being political. No one has mentioned the same problems with Pfizer since although the incidence was less than AZ to be fair. I recall the French Health Minister saying they would not be helping us have second jabs and they talked about stopping the exports of Pfizer to us. We could have been in a mess if we had not had AZ. Don't mean his to come across as too political as actually voted remain so not against EU per se.

Mods - please remove my post if you feel it is overstepping the boundaries.

Peely66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've have just had my second dose this afternoon. I'm just hoping I don't feel as crap as I did last time and it doesn't follow the same pattern. I felt like someone had flipped a switch. Fine one minute, shivering like mad the next and that happened exactly 8 hours later. I went into work the next day as I work in social care and we are permanently short staffed but could have done with a day off. If it follows the same pattern it will hit at 23.00 hrs. Fingers crossed.

NotPink

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I have been wondering that about it being political. No one has mentioned the same problems with Pfizer since although the incidence was less than AZ to be fair. I recall the French Health Minister saying they would not be helping us have second jabs and they talked about stopping the exports of Pfizer to us. We could have been in a mess if we had not had AZ. Don't mean his to come across as too political as actually voted remain so not against EU per se.

Mods - please remove my post if you feel it is overstepping the boundaries.
There are age conflicts in the EU and media reportage. Some countries say they wont innoculate the over 60s with AZ and now the UK is not giving AZ to the younger of the population. No reports yet of any clots after 2nd doses. If you do nothing there are repercussions and if you are seen to be doing something....well.
Not enough info out there yet.
And, yes, there have been reports of similar reactions to the Pfizer jab.
I am not sure if it is political or social and media interference just that we don't know enough about these jabs yet.
It has been such a scary time anyway and we may be justified in being a bit jittery. It is hard to know the truth when we are relying on 2nd and third hand news.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Not had second one yet but got our appointment for this Saturday yesterday, this 3 weeks earlier than expected.

Bruce Stephens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had mine uneventfully on Sunday. Was rather less busy than when I had the first dose, presumably because at that one (on Sunday afternoon) I think they had a bunch of doses to give in a bit of a hurry whereas I imagine this one was more planned.

ukjohn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had my second AZ last Friday and happy with it all. I am 82 and never felt a thing or had any problems or soreness with either, guess I must be lucky, but they do say no sense no feeling :eek: :D.

John.