Who has had their *second* jab?

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Following on from the ‘first jab’ thread...

and as suggested by @helli - Here’s a place for folks to compare notes on their experiences of the booster vaccine for Covid 19, whether any side effects were better or worse... and how close to the suggested timings it was able to happen :)

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
I've not had mine yet but have my appointment for 13th May, which is 12 weeks after my first one. My other half is hoping to get his first jab soon, he's 54 so hopefully not long to wait.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Not had mine yet it is only a month since I had my first dose, have not got my appointment, so await text to book via link.
I have noticed many of my old work mates are reporting they have had second dose, but not read of any adverse effects, they will have had the Pfizer.

Steve_H

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had mine on the 10th Feb which was 8 weeks after my first. Had a day of higher BG but no other problems. I had the Pfizer. I work in the NHS hence why I now have had both.

Flutterby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Not yet. Have to wait for a text like the first one. Paul is now registered as my carer so he had his first one tomorrow.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
8th April and counting! :D Will report back with any side effects, but I had none with my first pfizer.

daducky88

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've not had mine yet but have my appointment for 13th May, which is 12 weeks after my first one. My other half is hoping to get his first jab soon, he's 54 so hopefully not long to wait.
Did they call you to fix your booster or dud you call them to fix the appt?

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Did they call you to fix your booster or dud you call them to fix the appt?
I had a text from my surgery to book both appointments online via the surgery website.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The GP hub where we had ours said they will contact us for second dose. This is not my own surgery as they are not part of the vaccination programme here.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The GP hub where we had ours said they will contact us for second dose. This is not my own surgery as they are not part of the vaccination programme here.
As it happens, our GP surgery IS the local hub - but again, we have to wait for them to contact us, as they did for the first one. 12 weeks would be 24 April, but who knows!

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
As it happens, our GP surgery IS the local hub - but again, we have to wait for them to contact us, as they did for the first one. 12 weeks would be 24 April, but who knows!
The contact we had was text with a click on link to book, appointment was 2 days later no problem.

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Trevs got his appointments booked now, first jab tomorrow and second one booked for beginning of june.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The contact we had was text with a click on link to book, appointment was 2 days later no problem.
No - we had a phone call on Pete's mobile and being as it was our doctor's surgery that rang, she asked if I could make it too at the same time - yes please!

Texts with links sound as if you need to have your phone connected to the internet in order to click them. We don't normally connect or mobs to our home wifi, why would we?

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
No - we had a phone call on Pete's mobile and being as it was our doctor's surgery that rang, she asked if I could make it too at the same time - yes please!

Texts with links sound as if you need to have your phone connected to the internet in order to click them. We don't normally connect or mobs to our home wifi, why would we?
You can click a link in a text without connecting your phone to the wifi if the mobile is a smart phone, it will just use your data allowance or add the cost to the bill. If the mobile is capable of accessing the internet then connecting it to home wifi saves money. I expect the text also has a phone number for those whose mobiles aren’t able to access the internet.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
The link did not appear to take you to a webpage, just to booking times, and there was no phone no, if you wanted to cancel you had to use a text link on the confirmation text.

NotPink

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Following on from the ‘first jab’ thread...

and as suggested by @helli - Here’s a place for folks to compare notes on their experiences of the booster vaccine for Covid 19, whether any side effects were better or worse... and how close to the suggested timings it was able to happen :)
Had my first Oxford jab on the 6th Feb. No second appt. yet but am asuured it will happen. I had over a week of side effects...bone ache, headache, nausea and tiredness. My husband had no side effects apart from a sore arm. Bit concerned regarding the lates news on clotting. Is anyone else?

Spozkins

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had my first Oxford jab on the 6th Feb. No second appt. yet but am asuured it will happen. I had over a week of side effects...bone ache, headache, nausea and tiredness. My husband had no side effects apart from a sore arm. Bit concerned regarding the lates news on clotting. Is anyone else?
Yeah I am too but not really because of the news just that I was already cynical with it being so new. I was having neuropathy type twinges right up my legs and pain in and behind one of my eyes after the oxford. If it had been just the flu effects I wouldn't have been so concerned. I'm feeling fine now but definitely going to have a good think about the second one. It's a bit rubbish that its needed to be rushed through so many tests as we cant really know long term effects for those that might have them in full light.

How are you feeling now? On the plus side I think some side effects are a positive in the fact that your immune system is doing something!

NotPink

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Yeah I am too but not really because of the news just that I was already cynical with it being so new. I was having neuropathy type twinges right up my legs and pain in and behind one of my eyes after the oxford. If it had been just the flu effects I wouldn't have been so concerned. I'm feeling fine now but definitely going to have a good think about the second one. It's a bit rubbish that its needed to be rushed through so many tests as we cant really know long term effects for those that might have them in full light.

How are you feeling now? On the plus side I think some side effects are a positive in the fact that your immune system is doing something!
Sorry you had side effects and hope you are ok now. I eventually emerged fine from after vax effects but it took a while. Yes, its better than covid definitely. I wonder why some get bigger side effects than others. Does it say something about their immune systems? No one seems to say. There are many other vaccines coming thru now that are administered in single jabs and more effective tackling variants.