Who has had their *second* jab?

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Had a text at 7.18 this morning, clicked on link and booked in for tomorrow 3.30pm. Only six weeks from my first one so very happy about that. I’ll report back in the next few days.

Pine Marten

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yes, we had a text last night and are booked in for tomorrow afternoon - lovely jubbly
happy108.gif

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had a call from the surgery this afternoon telling me that our second Covid jabs will be next week, some day between Monday and Thursday. They can't give a specific day or time, depends where the nurse gets to in a day (we are on the house bound list). Like @eggyg that will be around 6 weeks from the first. The first didn't bother me apart from a mild headache, so I'm expecting nothing more from the second.

Freddie1966

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’m very interested in this . I had 3 days in bed after my first injection and I’m hopeful that the second one isn’t as bad

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
By Sunday it will be 8 weeks since our first - wasn't expecting to hear until some time in April anyway, so we'll just wait and see and not panic - yet .....

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I had a call from the surgery this afternoon telling me that our second Covid jabs will be next week, some day between Monday and Thursday. They can't give a specific day or time, depends where the nurse gets to in a day (we are on the house bound list). Like @eggyg that will be around 6 weeks from the first. The first didn't bother me apart from a mild headache, so I'm expecting nothing more from the second.
I got the headache but wasn’t mild, felt like I’d drank two bottles of Sancerre! I just topped up with paracetamol every four hours and laid on the sofa watching crap telly. It was just like BC. Before Children! :p

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hoping mine's like half a pint of cider - I can drink eg G & Ts all evening and not fall ove or slur my speechr, but cider goes straight to my head and legs and always has done! Guarantees sleep anyway .......

Annemarie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
After the first Pfizer jab I had a significant headache for about 10 days. When we had our second 2 days ago, we were warned that any after effects would probably be worse than before but so far just a bit tender on my arm and that’s all. Once again it has raised my blood sugar levels but nothing too dramatic and oh so well worth it!

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Glad that you have been able to manage the levels Annemarie and that the second
vaccine jab led to less discomfort. May it last.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Back from jab. Appointment 3.30, left the car at 3.27, back in it 3.29! Hoping side effects will be non existent of course or at the very least no worse than after the first one.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hoping mine's like half a pint of cider - I can drink eg G & Ts all evening and not fall ove or slur my speechr, but cider goes straight to my head and legs and always has done! Guarantees sleep anyway .......
Have you been on the cider today Jenny? You’ve lost an R and put it in the wrong place! PS just getting my own back! :p

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
No - it's User Error because when a cursor is in the place I wish to add the R, I expect to type the R and it to be where I just put it. However, it often does not respond well to being moved and just adds it to wherever I'd typed to, before I spotted the typo and moved it back with the touch pad. ie, the cursor hasn't really moved. Otherwise I have to use the arrows and move one space at a time back to where I want it, and vice versa to get back to the full stop again and carry on typing. How the hell is that progress from using a mouse?

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Day two post second jab and I feel fine. BGs normal too. After the first jab, I had a terrible headache the first day and was pretty washed out day two. Fine by day three. So, it’s looking hopeful that I’ve escaped any side effects. I can’t even feel any pain in the injection site. Hope this helps those who had side effects with the first, it obviously doesn’t mean you’ll get them the second time. Fingers crossed that’s it for me.

Pine Marten

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well, we had ours on Saturday afternoon, very quick in and out!

No sore arms or anything, although yesterday afternoon I felt very weary and dozed off once or twice.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Well, we had ours on Saturday afternoon, very quick in and out!

No sore arms or anything, although yesterday afternoon I felt very weary and dozed off once or twice.
I felt weary too, but that happens a lot these days, so can’t blame the vaccine! ;)

Becka

One week later, and still not experiencing any side effects from the second Pfizer dose. Except the bruise, which is probably a one-of-those-things with getting injections rather than the vaccine. I do not think the nurse did anything wrong. It was not painful, straight in, straight out. Although the bruise is turning more yellow now, with just the centre still a deep purple.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We had our second jabs at home yesterday. No problems, apart from the same mild headache I got from the first. I can tell it’s the vaccine doing that because I haven’t had a headache for decades. And a curious sensation of liberation. Think I’ll get a T shirt printed with “I’ve been vaccinated, give us a kiss”.