Who has had their first jab?

Just.Brew.It

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had mine on Monday, it was the AZ vaccine. Very well organised at the venue, virtually in and out after a couple of questions and the jab wasn't painful at all......it was over in a split second! After all the worry and build-up it felt a bit anti-climactic if I'm honest :oops:

I was pretty poorly yesterday though, very achy all over, shivery but sweating and no energy whatsoever......I slept most of the day. Feeling much brighter today though although the arm is very painful :(

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
@everydayupsanddowns as one of my healthcare friends (with T1 and fully deserving to me in the highest priority group) had her second jab, yesterday, I wondered if there will be a second thread going up soon: "Who has had their second jab?" :)
I was talking to an ex boss on Facebook at the week end she has her second one soon.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We had our domicilary jabs (first) this morning, given by a charming young nurse. Didn’t feel any worse than an insulin jab, pain free. I’ll be disappointed if I don’t get some reaction, but we’ll see. Astra Zenica, as it happens.

jill-mc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was called yesterday by my gp surgery and offered my 1st jab, which I had today. AZ vaccine. (Isle of Skye)

mark king

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello not totally on point but I got a letter the other day from the NHS to tell me that due to some recent NEW results I was considered to be clinically extremely vulnerable and should follow the 2mtr guidance, stay in my bubble, only go out for medical appointment and for exercise no shopping. They did make the point NOT to visit pharmacies specifically but have my medical items collected by a bubbler or sent out to me.
I have had my first jab some 5 weeks ago so wasn't too sure about this letter except to say it is genuine.
I'm type 1 and asthmatic [mildly].
I'm a pumper with a puffer.
Has anybody else had this 4-page double sided letter? As far as I can work out it is just a letter to say I need to shield which I already do.

Best

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello not totally on point but I got a letter the other day from the NHS to tell me that due to some recent NEW results I was considered to be clinically extremely vulnerable and should follow the 2mtr guidance, stay in my bubble, only go out for medical appointment and for exercise no shopping. They did make the point NOT to visit pharmacies specifically but have my medical items collected by a bubbler or sent out to me.
I have had my first jab some 5 weeks ago so wasn't too sure about this letter except to say it is genuine.
I'm type 1 and asthmatic [mildly].
I'm a pumper with a puffer.
Has anybody else had this 4-page double sided letter? As far as I can work out it is just a letter to say I need to shield which I already do.

Best
There is a few threads on the shielding letters.

mark king

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ahh not seen them thanks for the heads up.
I'll go look.

Best

KathC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had my first jab yesterday. Received a letter from NHS saying over 60's were now eligible in my area. Only place with appointments was 5 miles and 2 buses away. I used the opportunity of being out to collect prescription, have bloods and top up food shopping.

Very disappointed in GP surgery - only contact from them was to say don't contact us yet the nurse who took my bloods said they had scheduled vaccination appointments at several sites.

Grannylorraine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Finally managed to get my jab booked for 20th March through the booking site. It was by luck someone on the diabetes Facebook page (a group for running), posted that from today diabetics could book using the booking site, tried and was able to book. If I get a call from my GP with an earlier appointment I will take that and cancel the one at the hub on 20th March.

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Had my first one today ,next one in 12 weeks.

Jade

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I had my first AZ jab today. Quiet centre with no queues. Hopefully won’t get bad side effects.

pinnig

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had mine this morning too. AstraZeneca. Slight headache but nothing else not even a sore arm. BG is up a couple of points so been for a brisk walk and that's done the trick. Hope I've not spoken too soon and all remains well. Very slick process at the vaccine centre. In and out in minutes

Stavross

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've been offered the first shot next week. I'm slightly concerned about potential long term effects. I've got fairly good control and under 40 with a healthy lifestyle, I would be confident my system could keep me above ground. I've had many other vaccines for my world travels but I'm not 100% comfortable with this one.
Do other people have this thought or opinions that would help my scrambled mind?

grainger

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I finally have mine booked for Wednesday next week...
Think I only got it as called my GP yesterday all stressed out that group 7s can book online but I still hadn’t heard - lovely lad said I was eligible they were just waiting for next clinic slots to open up but I’d be added to cancellation list too, then last night I got 2 texts to say my vaccinations had been booked.

Unfortunately my asthmatic husband has been told he isn’t eligible (even tho he takes a daily steroid inhaler) so we will still be waiting a while yet for him.

jhsn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had my first AZ injection today, process was very slick, in and out in less than 10 mins.

Feel like I’ve been hit by a bus though, aches, chills (including a fun half hour of constant shivers!) and my head is pounding. If this was the trial version of COVID I’m glad I didn’t get the real deal!

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm a lot more wary of Covid itself, especially long Covid than I am about a couple of days with an aching arm or a bit high BG quite frankly - why aren't you? Haven't you got any elderly family or friends you'd rather not give Covid to? We may be in our 70s but have quite a number of good friends now in their 80s - either seen regularly due to our involvement running a local charity or during our leisure pursuits, as well as our great grandkids at the other end of the age scale.

As the vaccine apparently helps stop us passing and Covid bugs we can carry onto everyone else, that's another reason to get vaccinated. As HM the Queen said only last week - the people who are not coming forward to have their jab, should think of other people rather than just themselves.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We had ours on Wednesday, and neither of us has had any significant reaction. Same as with the flu jab. There’s nothing special about this vaccination.

The only long term effect you will get from it is immunity to Covid, or at least severe disease, @Stavross.

jhsn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Had my first AZ injection today, process was very slick, in and out in less than 10 mins.

Feel like I’ve been hit by a bus though, aches, chills (including a fun half hour of constant shivers!) and my head is pounding. If this was the trial version of COVID I’m glad I didn’t get the real deal!
Symptoms went as quick as they came, next morning it had all cleared up. Bit of an ache in the injection site but other than that back to normal.