• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes
  • Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here

Who has had their first jab?

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thought it might be interesting to see who has been offered their first Covid vaccine injection, and whether there is much difference over the country.

No need to be overly specific if you’d prefer to keep your exact location secret, but an idea of region might be interesting.

@Becka and @Docb I think you’ve has yours. Any others?

Pine Marten

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
We're in north London and are having ours this afternoon (we're over 70).

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Coventry, both 'shielding', nearly 71 and 73 on the 24 Jan - nowt heard about it yet.

ukjohn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Bristol, 81 years old, not heard yet.

helli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My parents, 80 and 78, have been jabbed in Berkshire.
I'm too young and healthy to be expect my appointment due to my diabetes vulnerability for a few months yet.

silentsquirrel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Stamford, South Lincs. OH (75) has just gone for his, out of turn, had phone call invite 6.30 last night to fill a slot that someone had cancelled. No idea how much longer it would have been otherwise.

Pine Marten

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well, that was very efficient and very painless - a queue but people were brought in and registered quickly. They let us go in together as we are a couple :)

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Bristol, 81 years old, not heard yet.
Are you classed as housebound ? As a radio presenter discovered this week, her mum was down on GP record as housebound, so had not been offered yet! When she said the family could take her to get a vaccine she was offered one at a hub the next day.

danielmg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Newcastle. I had my first dose at the end of December. I originally had my second scheduled for y'day, but has been pushed back to the middle of March.

I should say I work within the NHS as well, so it meant I got it as a member of 'at risk' staff.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Mother in law ( age 83) had her first one the week before Christmas and second one three weeks later. Just heard from neighbour ( age 76) he’s had a call to go Saturday. We’re all in the same GP surgery and I’m group 4 ( extremely clinically vulnerable) so hoping our practice is on the ball and I get my call shortly. Carlisle, Cumbria.

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Dad 95, shielded and housebound, not heard a sausage.
I am in group 5.
East Kent

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Dad 95, shielded and housebound, not heard a sausage.
I am in group 5.
East Kent
My surgery announced only yesterday that the care homes and housebound are they only patients they are vaccinating but have not started yet.The rest have to go to what ever local provider contacts them.
A number of Kent MP's asked about shortages to surgery's in Parliament this morning.

bargoedmike

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I live in Wales and the Welsh Gov has given 190,435 people the first dose and 396 people 2nd dose so with a population of over 3 million i'm not holding my breath.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I suppose a bit of a mixture across the country is more or less inevitable. Glad some of us have been ‘done’ though :)
There are reports the doses that were heading for areas ahead of the game, are been diverted to those behind. Wales, Scotland , and Northern Ireland are sent a portion of their populations.

Steve_H

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sheffield - Aged 44. Front line NHS worker, had through work along with colleagues. My Dad is Type 2 had his last week.

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Mum 86, shielded and housebound, got a letter and a phone call, told them she can't get out, they asked if because of lockdown, but I told them lack of mobility. Not heard anything since. Sale, Cheshire. I'm 'only' 67 so not heard anything yet.