Who has had their first jab?

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Keep seeing adverts saying its available to us type 1 and 50 in group 6 but every time I log on the NHS system says we,re not eligible. Even our surgery has said get it done via Facebook but this information is no use.

I think the rollout is happening at slightly different speeds across the country, partly down to how many live locally in different groups, and availability of vaccine supply I guess?

You should get a message (mine was from my GP), when your jab slot is available :)

JohnWhi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Group 5, I had the AZ version on Friday, coincided with the first CGM sensor on my new Medtronic 780G. No significant effects apart from a severe dizzy spell in the afternoon, but that may be more to do with the fact that my blood sugar hit the deck for some reason. Never heard anything from my GP, though the NHS letter suggested I had the option of receiving it there. Several attempts on the web site www.nhs.covid-vaccination before I could find anything less than an hour's drive away. Eventually the City Hall nine miles away showed up. Marvellously efficient and friendly people. I was out in 20 minutes, despite a pause waiting for a batch of vaccine to arrive.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Group 5, I had the AZ version on Friday, coincided with the first CGM sensor on my new Medtronic 780G. No significant effects apart from a severe dizzy spell in the afternoon, but that may be more to do with the fact that my blood sugar hit the deck for some reason. Never heard anything from my GP, though the NHS letter suggested I had the option of receiving it there. Several attempts on the web site www.nhs.covid-vaccination before I could find anything less than an hour's drive away. Eventually the City Hall nine miles away showed up. Marvellously efficient and friendly people. I was out in 20 minutes, despite a pause waiting for a batch of vaccine to arrive.
I have been reading or hearing more of the national service website, only offering places far flung it is beginning to sound a bit like the testing system.

Grannylorraine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Are there still others that haven’t heard anything at all yet? Not had any communication from my GP practice so far.
Im Still Waiting, ive had no contact at all. im 41 with type 1 in Essex. I haven't read the whole 16 pages so apologies if i have missed anything, is there any links to online booking or just be patient?
I am still waiting, I am also in Essex, 58 with type 2, asthma and liver problems, but the GP practice I am with posted on their Facebook page on Friday that they still have over 700 patients in group 6 to contact, so I am sure I will get the call eventually. If I haven't been contacted by Easter I'll give them a call to see what has happened to my jab. Whilst it seems like everyone else has had their jab when I checked my area of Essex up to 21st Feb only 12% of group 6 had been vaccinated, so still early days for my area. I still wake up every morning hoping this is the day I get my call to book and if my phone rings from an unknown number I get excited and then feel a bit deflated when it turns out it is a scam or a cold call.

Hope we all get that call soon and in the meantime take care everyone.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am still waiting, I am also in Essex, 58 with type 2, asthma and liver problems, but the GP practice I am with posted on their Facebook page on Friday that they still have over 700 patients in group 6 to contact, so I am sure I will get the call eventually. If I haven't been contacted by Easter I'll give them a call to see what has happened to my jab. Whilst it seems like everyone else has had their jab when I checked my area of Essex up to 21st Feb only 12% of group 6 had been vaccinated, so still early days for my area. I still wake up every morning hoping this is the day I get my call to book and if my phone rings from an unknown number I get excited and then feel a bit deflated when it turns out it is a scam or a cold call.

Hope we all get that call soon and in the meantime take care everyone.
How did you check how far through group 6 they have got? Would be interested to know for my area

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Following a call to my GPs today they haven’t started group 6 yet as they are still working through group 5. I thought GPs were supposed to be doing group 6 and group 5 going to the bigger hubs but I guess the group 5s in my area have requested the GP instead.

Jenny101

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had mine February 17 - Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Very efficient, didn't even need to queue. Sore arm for a couple of days, other than that absolutely no problems.

Happylad

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So had my invite today from my GP but checked the national site and they're obviously not linked as the national booking site says I'm still not eligible.

Makes things a little more clear, no national records access so its done locally instead.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Following a call to my GPs today they haven’t started group 6 yet as they are still working through group 5. I thought GPs were supposed to be doing group 6 and group 5 going to the bigger hubs but I guess the group 5s in my area have requested the GP instead.
My surgery are not doing vaccines at all they are being done by a Surgery that is one of the GP vaccination Hubs in the area.

Ivostas66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Group 6 - had my vaccine on Sunday evening. A very busy centre, but I must admit I was extremely impressed with the whole system. When the young lady typing details onto the laptop asked if I had ever had an anaphylactic shock and I said yes, she looked petrified, had to delete what she had typed already and called over a doctor (I was the first person to answer yes to that question for her and she was clearly on auto pilot!). All fine, but that, plus my diabetes, plus my asthma meant I was warned about the vaccine probably having side effects and taking paracetamol as soon as I had had the vaccine was probably a good idea. I have had 24 hours of quite bad aches and pains in my joints and a slight chesty cough throughout the day.

I was a bit shocked to see so many people without any health conditions having jabs - there was a rather chatty chap seated opposite me, who seemed a bit nervous, asking people what they did and why they were having the jab. Me and another chap said we were Group 6, but the other 5 people he spoke to were young and all said they were perfectly fit and healthy. My surgery only completed the list of Group 6 patients to send to NICS last week, clearly others are now inviting anyone along!

Brava210

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Im Still Waiting, ive had no contact at all. im 41 with type 1 in Essex. I haven't read the whole 16 pages so apologies if i have missed anything, is there any links to online booking or just be patient?
I think you just need to be patient

louloulou

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had my covid vacine on sat for the first 48 hours painful arm sick bad head flu type symptoms took parcetmol as advised blood sugars stayed perfect now feel ok just very bruised and painful arm all good :>)

helli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just had the Bill Gate's nanobots injected in my arm :p
It was very efficiently done in a local health care centre.

There was no waiting room to chat in or compare notes - each of the doctor's offices were being used for one needler, two note takers and two pin cushions. I went straight in after having my temperature taken. One note taker took my name, looked me up on the computer and asked me questions. By the time that was complete, the needler had finished with the other pin cushion, stabbed me and I was done.

The only odd thing was being told to wait 15 minutes before I drove but given nowhere to wait, apart from my car. It wasn't as if anyone was walking around the car park keeping an eye out for anyone having a reaction.

Inka

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

Perhaps they mean they’re contacting the Group 5s to tell them they’re now eligible to book on the national site? One of my mum’s friends had a letter from her GP saying similar.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Perhaps they mean they’re contacting the Group 5s to tell them they’re now eligible to book on the national site? One of my mum’s friends had a letter from her GP saying similar.
No, they said they havent started inviting the group 6s because its taking them a long time to vaccinate all the group 5s. So it seems group 5 get a choice of GP or national hub, and they cant invite anyone in group 6 until theyve done group 5? Seems like my GP is making their own rules up to be honest as every other GP seems to have started group 6

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
No, they said they havent started inviting the group 6s because its taking them a long time to vaccinate all the group 5s. So it seems group 5 get a choice of GP or national hub, and they cant invite anyone in group 6 until theyve done group 5? Seems like my GP is making their own rules up to be honest as every other GP seems to have started group 6
It certainly seems to vary from practice to practice. Our GP surgery asked all Group 5 who could get to the big hub to go there so the GPs could concentrate on Group 6, (with the proviso that if you had a good reason why you couldn’t go to the hub, they'd add you to their list) Having said that, though, they are only slowly working their way through Group 6, they had two clinics last week, but the next one isn’t til next Monday, and I've no idea how far through they’ve got.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
It certainly seems to vary from practice to practice. Our GP surgery asked all Group 5 who could get to the big hub to go there so the GPs could concentrate on Group 6, (with the proviso that if you had a good reason why you couldn’t go to the hub, they'd add you to their list) Having said that, though, they are only slowly working their way through Group 6, they had two clinics last week, but the next one isn’t til next Monday, and I've no idea how far through they’ve got.
The supply of the vaccine appears to what Matt Hancock calls lumpy. He was asked yesterday by a MP, why was delivery of the vaccine to her area uncertain, as if it did not arrive by Thursday clinics were going to have to be cancelled.