Who has had their *second* jab?

Perfect10

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Had my first Oxford jab on the 6th Feb. No second appt. yet but am asuured it will happen. I had over a week of side effects...bone ache, headache, nausea and tiredness. My husband had no side effects apart from a sore arm. Bit concerned regarding the lates news on clotting. Is anyone else?
I’m not concerned about the news reports at the moment as there have also been the same number of clots in those who have had the Pfizer, and again in the general population who have had neither vaccine, so really no evidence of any links to vaccine yet. Quite possibly a political decision as it’s all EU countries? I’m more inclined to listen to the WHO over safety and they say there are no links at this stage.

Peely66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have my second jab 8th April 12 weeks after the first. First jab felt very rough for about 24 hours and it was like someone had turned a switch it came on that suddenly. I'm a health care worker and we had the full gamut of reactions from one staff member in bed for 3 days to no reaction at all (that was our manager!):)

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Bit akin with diabetes - YMMV as we really ARE all different!

NotPink

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
I’m not concerned about the news reports at the moment as there have also been the same number of clots in those who have had the Pfizer, and again in the general population who have had neither vaccine, so really no evidence of any links to vaccine yet. Quite possibly a political decision as it’s all EU countries? I’m more inclined to listen to the WHO over safety and they say there are no links at this stage.
I am not so concerned and will definitely ignore the political scaremongering.

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Got a message today to phone work to book second jab, I have it arranged for next Thursday evening, yay!!

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

Wirralass

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had my first Pfizer vaccination on 3 January and my second jab on 11 March. No adverse effects apart from sleeping afterwards for 24hrs and soreness at vaccination point for a few days. No bruising.
WL

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had my first Pfizer vaccination on 3 January and my second jab on 11 March. No adverse effects apart from sleeping afterwards for 24hrs and soreness at vaccination point for a few days. No bruising.
WL
Glad you have had both, with out any adverse effects. Good to see you back posting.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
WL

Lovely to see you again @Wirralass :)

Leaderofthecats

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had the first (Astrazeneca) jab the day before my last hbac01 test, so that was ... Fun.

It didn't affect me like a normal person though.
It bumped my BS up by 6 mmol/L immediately, then made me feel wired however knackered I got. It was like I'd had 20 cups of coffee. I didn't sleep for literally three days. I usually feel a bit rough due to various health problems, so took anything like that in my stride. Eventually I conked out and slept for about 16 hours. And my arm ached a lot for a week.

Getting jab 2 will be... hilarious, no doubt...

:) I'm glad that it's been a bit smoother for you, with several folk now having both jabs under your metaphorical belt.

Becka

When I attended for my first dose I was given a time of midday, which turned out to be when the clinic began rather than an appointment time. So being there first I went straight inside and only got to site down as long as it took to complete the consent form before being taken in for the vaccine.

Today I had an appointment time, and there was a queue when I arrived. It was not too long, though, and moved quite quickly. I completed the form whilst waiting outside, so got to sit down for about about a minute before being taken away. The vaccination was, as last time, straight forward. I spent maybe two minutes in the room, 90 seconds of which was just form and card filling for the nurse. Then off to the waiting room to serve a fifteen minute sentence. I did not get early release. Also, I was not the only non-staff member under 80 this time.

When I attended for the first dose it seemed they were administering both vaccines as the warden was letting some people leave and directing others to wait, but without being asked I the consent form was specifically for the Pfizer vaccine. So I assume this time they are separating the vaccines by day, which seems smart as it will avoid any mixups.

So once again, very efficient by the sister clinic of my G.P. surgery. I would recommend a pandemic then being vaccinated there to friends and family. Although one negative as, once again, no stickers.

Diabolized

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had my first vaccination on the 12 February. My GP practice is part of a federation who are arranging appts for their patients. Extremely efficient and well organised. I do not a date for the second jab but told I would recieve a text message inviting me to make an appt in the same way as I did the first time. The NHS letter arrived about a week after I'd had the jab. Had the Pfizer vaccination. No side effects apart from a sore arm which was no worse than after the flu vaccination.

Becka

Unlike the first dose, I have a bit of a blue bruise at the administration site. Alike the first dose, my arm is quite sore.

Though it is not quite as bad as last time, it came on earlier and was already painful by yesterday evening rather than on the next day. I still managed to sleep on my left side, as usual, as it was painful to move but once in position it was fine. I guess a bed is cushioned enough to not put pressure on it.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had ours today. Quick and efficient... its amazing what a couple of months of practice can do when it comes to getting organised!