What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Mackerel on low carb English muffin.
L: Not much, too busy getting house tidy for mum in law's visit. Just a few peanuts & some salami bites.
Snack: 1 hot cross bun with butter
D: Roast lamb, greens & roasted veg.
Pud: Low carb mint choc cheesecake.

@Mark Parrott is the cheesecake in recipes I'd love to try it

Oh goody Mark 🙂 I was going to be asking if you had the recipe on here as I like the sound of it too, thanks @Dollypolly for getting in there and asking 🙂 x

If I eat those foods at all I will pile on even more weight, with or without butter. I can gain weight at the rate of 2 pounds a day. Starch is obviously not for me. I know you're probably thinking 'portion size' but I've tried that as well. Ate for a week exactly as family did, on a holiday to Blackpool back in the day, they all stayed the same and I gained a stone. 😱 Just eating 'normal' English cooking.

I noticed you take amlodopine/ My doc put me on that and I swelled up unbelievably. My legs looked just like an elephant,no ankle in sight! I had a small wound with a crust,and accidently knocked it off. Next morning I woke to find I had been sleeping in a pool of water,water was trickling from the wound looking just like tears. Seriously freaked,rushed to the doc who was unfazed,and airily said oh,some people react to amlodopine like that. He perused a big drugs textbook and changed my prescription to lisinopril,within 3 days all the swelling was gone,no''tears'' from the wound,and I havent been bothered since.Apparently leg swelling is very common with this drug,but I had it over the rest of the body too to some extent.Not good for a diabetic
Not saying of course that this is suitable for you but its something to check with the doc

Well @wirralass I saw your post in the thread waking average so I'm waiting patiently lol 🙂 xxx

.....Yesterday Easter Sunday 2017....

B. 200mls warm boiled water
Snack. Alpen jaffa orange bar
Evening meal...wait for it...
Roast chichen dinner with all the trimmings and ditto 2nd helping
Four extra large strawberries with a huge dollop of dairy ice cream served by son-in-law (In an effort to bump me off I think🙄)
2 glasses of Black Tower white with a dash of lemonade
and later on - 2 skinny cappuccinos
Half a layer of Terry's All Gold 😱
A protein bar before bed with 200mls warm boiled water..
And I woke up to a 6.4 :D
Make head or tail of that number then because I can't 🙄 How I got away without a visit from the DF I do not know!!;
@Ditto - I was the greedy pig yesterday 😱
WL x

Snacked on leftover ham throughout the day
D - Grilled Salmon on a bed of Spinach

Today
B - 45g honey granola, 110g skyr with honey and a cup of coffee, milk
9:30ish - cup of coffee, milk
D - 2 slices 50/50 filled with 4 slices smoked ham, 2 lettuce leaves, 40g Philadelphia whipped garlic and herb then 3 Jacobs cheddar biscuits
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - parmesan chicken breast fillet, 2 yorkies, 80g petits pois, wee dollop of salad cream, 2 Jacobs cheddar biscuits and a 25g bar of moser roth 70% that tasted like pure sugar :( fear not the OH has returned from work with moser roth 85% that his colleague kindly picked up for me 🙂
Currently - cup of coffee, milk x

Yesterday
B... Cheese omlette and a yogurt
L... Cheese and egg salad
T.. Meat platter and pickle
Snacks ... Half a hot cross bun and some dark choc from my bunny

B: 2 sausages, 2 bacon, fried egg, 3 tinned tomatoes & 1 slice toasted Burgen.
L: Was out at garden centre, so had a naughty cherry bakewell slice & a pot of tea.
D: Chicken goujons with garlic mayo dip & salad.
Pud: After Eight (mint choc) cheesecake.
Also had quite a bit of my Easter egg.

Today

B - Cheesy scrambled egg (2), three thin slices salami, two slices almond soda bread.
L - Onion, Celery and Kale soup. 2 x Linseed biscuits with cheese and tomato.
Snack - three small Lindt dark chocolates from Easter Egg
D - Fried seabass fillet on B/squash spaghetti with roast veg. 2 glasses of white wine. ( would normally have red but using up the remnants of my d. In Law's weekend leftovers) 🙂

Today
D - 2 slices 50/50 filled with 4 slices smoked ham, 2 lettuce leaves, 30g Philadelphia whipped garlic & herb and 3 Jacobs cheddar biscuits
12:50ish - cup of coffee at the hospital café
3ish - 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - 1 and a half pork loin steaks, 100g mashed potato, 80g petits pois, wee drop of onion gravy and a 25g bar moser roth 70%
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

Today
D - 2 slices 50/50 filled with 4 slices smoked ham, 2 lettuce leaves, 30g Philadelphia whipped garlic & herb and 3 Jacobs cheddar biscuits
12:50ish - cup of coffee at the hospital café
3ish - 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - 1 and a half pork loin steaks, 100g mashed potato, 80g petits pois, wee drop of onion gravy and a 25g bar moser roth 70%

Kaylz, you get the prize for the only person I know who has Yorkshire puddings with fish dishes and salad cream! :D

Last edited:
Kaylz, you get the prize for the only person I know who has Yorkshire puddings with fish dishes and meals with salad cream! :D
I used to have potato waffles with my fish but I don't get on well with them and salad cream goes well with chicken 🙂 x

Yesterday - Bank Holiday Monday.
200mls warm boiled water with slice of lemon
Brunch
Poached egg & slice of ham on the bone on bergen toast - skinny cappuccino
Evening meal
Bowl chicken noodle soup
2 dessertspoon Skyr yogurt & mixed frozen berries
1/4 of the second layer of All Gold chocolates! 😱😱

During the evening, polished off the second layer of All Gold chocolates! 😱😱
Then later 4 weetabix 😱 with skimmed milk and a protein bar.
200mls warm boiled water
Went to bed on a 7.1 🙂

Today
D - 2 slices 50/50 filled with 4 slices smoked ham, 30g Philadelphia whipped garlic & herb, a few lettuce leaves and 3 Jacobs cheddar biscuits
7-8 jelly babies as my hypo refused to leave
3:50ish - a small coffee, milk followed by a small black coffee
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, 100g broccoli, 100g cauliflower, wee drop of gravy and a nature valley protein peanut & choc bar (finally managed to get some and wow they are delicious 🙂)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back