What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had
Breakfast 1/2 avocado on toast seasoned with hot sauce ( no added sugar) wholemeal toast tinned tomatoes and dry fried egg
Lunch: Kippers with one slice wholemeal bread ( I often try and go carb free at lunch though) on tangerine
Dinner:
Veg daal with butternut squash sweet potato onion spinach corriander red lentils and brown rice
a very small ALDI bar of 85% dark chocolate, 1 apple.

B: Yoghurt, Berries + Peanut butter
L: A meal at Bill's - Meatballs in tomato sauce with cheese and fried potatoes + alioli.
T: Nothing, wasn't hungry.

Snacks: a few bits of dark chocolate and some almonds.

Have no idea what the carb content of L was, but it didn't cause me any issues.

B. Coffee with cream. Creamy Greek natural yoghurt with about 10 rasps, cinnamon and a sprinkle of nutty granola.

L. Mushrooms, onion, cabbage and leeks fried up in meat fat with a couple of eggs dropped in to cook whole in two wells in the mixture so yolks still runny and served with microwaved broccoli (an after thought addition as needed using up) with sour cream and chive dip.

E. Packet of pork scratchings and another cup of coffee (decaf this time) with cream at bedtime.

Type not really decided type 2 @ present . Under 46kg. wanting to be 51kg
Brekkie Egg and 2 rashes bacon; Luvlife toast with Benecol spread (4 carb,) Peanut butter 1tspn

Snack 1 satsuma and 30g almonds

Lunch 2 slices roast chicken breast 40g, potato salad - home 40g , sprouts, cabbage , swede
60g apple cake , with stewed apple , Alpro no sugar yog , squeeze of squirty cream

Snack Diablo biscuit and 1/3 banana 15 carb ?

Tea time 2 x Homemade cheese scones - wholemeal and almond flour, 20 carb ? flora, large mixed salad
1 x dark choc choc ice minus some of the choc coating ( 9 carb

snack, 4 midget sugar free little gem sweets , glass of semi skimmed milk

B: The usual Greek yoghurt, peanut butter and berries!
D: Hanging Kebab and chips from 'The Botanist' (Birthday treat, following a walk home BG was 4.3 two hours later! Bonus!)
T: Some home made Spinach and Pea soup.

Snacks were just a few Almonds.

Breakfast: Pint water with fibre - bowl containing mix veg (handful frozen and microwaved) with a chopped tomato and a red onion (the whole onion!) pkt ham and two fried eggs.
Dinner: Pint water and meds - pkt bbq chicken strips, salad with some grated cheese and a pkt of fishsticks - pt water
Supper: Pint water

I lost a pound overnight yay.

Breakfast - slice of seeded wholemeal bread with peanut butter and Kvarg chocolate chip yoghurt (not my normal breakfast but dog sitting at my sons and eating whats available - dont normally have bread)
Lunch - chicken breast, 1 slice of cathedral city cheese, 5 cherry tomatoes, 5 slices of cucumber, 2 slices of red pepper, 2 slices of yellow pepper, Iceberg Lettice
Dinner - 2 glasses of wine! (I know but it was mothers day and I was stressed running around after 2 whippets 🙂 )
Snacks - one more slice of cathedral city cheese, and 2 coffees made with oat milk, Benecol drink

B: the usual yogburt and berries
L: skipped, not hungry
T: Home made chicken curry, home made cauliflower curry and a naan bread. (Despite the bread, blood sugar 5.9 two hours later.)

Achieved a lower calorie day yesterday, mostly because I didn't get around to eating lunch as nothing around at the time caught my fancy as worth the carbs (they were all high carb choices), but I didn't feel too hungry either maybe partly as I had a later breakfast and often don't have 3 main meals at the weekend.

Breakfast: homemade plum crumble (plum, a small bit of crystallised stem ginger and crumble made with butter and ground almonds with no added sugar), filter coffee with a little milk
"Lunch": coffee (one of those instant with powdered milk cups)
Dinner: honey roast ham with carrot, swede, spinach & Boursin soup, herbal tea
Evening snack (since the above was under 800 calories so figured I could treat myself): 4 squares Lindt Mint Intense chocolate, glass of "chocolate mulled wine" warmed in microwave

Total 1060 calories, 59.5g carbs

Breakfast - Kvarg (Raspberry flavour) and cherries
Lunch/Dinner - Chicken Tikka Masala, naan bread, popadom, Mango Chutney (no rice) - Dark Chocolate desert.
Pepsi Max, coffee, water
(it is my birthday weekend so eaten far more than normal 🙂 )

what is burgen
It was one of the earliest low carb breads that were available, but I believe there are better and lower carb options available now like LivLife. They also changed the formulation/recipe with Burgen and the new version was a bit higher carb than the original. Personally I just don't bother with bread. I think I last bought a loaf about 3 years ago and that was a Warburtons No Added Sugar wholemeal loaf which was about 9g carbs per slice and I think the original Burgen was about the same. It was nice enough but it lasted me over a year in the freezer and I found I just don't need bread in my life anymore and I no longer miss it.

Whilst I am here I will post today's menu as I will forget tomorrow.

B. Cup of coffee with double cream. About 12 raspberries with mixed seeds, 3 good dollops of Creamy Greek Style natural yoghurt and a good dusting of cinnamon.

L. Small bowl of home made butternut squash, sweet potato, celery and red pepper (mildly curried) soup with a little shredded roast chicken to make it more substantial. Half an apple and a couple of chunks of smoked cheddar cheese. Second cup of coffee with cream plus a glass of water afterwards.

EM. Belly pork with roasted carrot, parsnip (just 2 small pieces each of these two higher carb veggies) and swede, green beans savoy cabbage and leeks in a cream cheese sauce.

Half a square of dark 70% chocolate and a spoon of peanut butter to bulk it out and make it satisfying.

I personally find the Nimble to be as difficult to get.
Breakfast - slice of seeded wholemeal bread with peanut butter and Kvarg chocolate chip yoghurt (not my normal breakfast but dog sitting at my sons and eating whats available - dont normally have bread)
Lunch - chicken breast, 1 slice of cathedral city cheese, 5 cherry tomatoes, 5 slices of cucumber, 2 slices of red pepper, 2 slices of yellow pepper, Iceberg Lettice
Dinner - 2 glasses of wine! (I know but it was mothers day and I was stressed running around after 2 whippets 🙂 )
Snacks - one more slice of cathedral city cheese, and 2 coffees made with oat milk, Benecol drink
Hi I am far from normal , Type 2 but using background insulin at present . Weight 45.6 kg
Breakfast 70ml lite cranberry juice plus water ; 40gm keto porridge, apple and cinnamon ; slice of Luv life toast (seeded bread, under 4 carb with peanut butter
Lunch with g'children) , small piece of plain pizza, extra cheese, bacon , cocktail sausage. Cucumber sticks, lettuce , carrot stick . Easter treat . Morrisons Dark choc choc ice (minus some choc ) approx 9 carb
Tea salmon salad , 10cal jelly , 125g Alpro no sugar yog.
Evening small glass water with 30g lo sugar (0.5) whey protein powder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back