What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coffee this morning yes that’s all I had . From foot to floor. Coffee waited two hours well I watered the garden in between so not sat down that time either.

Coffee this morning yes that’s all I had . From foot to floor. Coffee waited two hours well I watered the garden in between so not sat down that time either.
It's an odd result.
I didn't have an issue with coffee, like you, I do like it.
But, I'd try the dinner at 1800, test at 2000, then just drink water, and test again at 2200.
Same with the morning, foot on the floor, just water, and test two hours later.
Just to confirm it's actually the coffee, and not something like a liver dump, or slow digestion.

Just had a fabulous roasted whole Cauliflower, a aaJamie Oliver recipe.
I served it with New potatoes and home grown green beans.
(15g of carbs in total so that left space for a mini magnum!!!)

My food this evening. I had a craving for crispy fish and chips and rustled this simple meal up in about 20 minutes - five minutes was thawing the cod from the freezer in the microwave.

Home made keto cod and chips.
I dusted the cod and aubergine chips in Pulsin pea protein (zero carbs)
then shallow fried them.
I had Heinz no added sugar and salt ketchup with it.
I think the total carbs will have been around 4g and came from the aubergine as the carbs in the ketchup is negligible.

Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 8.12.55 PM.png

Full monty.
Pork, roast potatoes, yorkshires, cabbage, onion, apple, stuffing, gravy, crackling.IMG-20220730-WA0000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Full monty.
Pork, roast potatoes, yorkshires, cabbage, onion, apple, stuffing, gravy, crackling.View attachment 21655
This looks delicious. I have a dosage of apple cider vinegar (in a bottle of water) in the morning with eggs & chobani, and at night with my a small bag of trail mix. Has anyone else tried this and found this helpful for them?

This looks delicious. I have a dosage of apple cider vinegar (in a bottle of water) in the morning with eggs & chobani, and at night with my a small bag of trail mix. Has anyone else tried this and found this helpful for them?

I have got into cooking with red and white wine, and and cider vinegar.
Tonight it was a braised pig heart casserole and mash.
I used a passata in the casserole, I find the vinegar takes the edge off the sweetness.
I have read vinegar as a drink isn't good for teeth, it can damage enamel unless you clean afterwards.
But I can believe it will affect the gut biome, it will certainly decrease the pH, and that is supposedly a thing with diabetes.

B: Berries + yoghurt and some peanut butter.
L: Salad, meat.
Afternoon Tea: A scone
D: Cheese, Salad, more meat, a sausage roll (First one since diagnosis)

None of the two hour testing, but BG was 5.4 a few hours after D, so happy that the scone and sausage roll hadn't caused any issues.

B: Big soy flat white + 15g chia seeds. Bowl with rockmelon, strawberries, walnuts, slice of pumpernickel crumbled, whole lot of lemon juice.

L: Chicken pho with rice noodles.

D: Avocado, 2 x Ryvita, baby spinach, half a pear, lemon juice.

Grazing: Many almonds, a couple of carrots.

Drinks: Soy milk + strawberries + chia seeds.

I have read vinegar as a drink isn't good for teeth, it can damage enamel unless you clean afterwards.
But I can believe it will affect the gut biome, it will certainly decrease the pH, and that is supposedly a thing with diabetes.
It is true, ACV can cause enamel erosion. When i drink it i always drink it with a straw, and i use a seemingly light dosage - as the taste is an acquired one. Which amazingly sits well with me now.

I use a combination of ACV and balsamic (I think I may have a balsamic vinegar addiction 😱) in an inch of diet cola and the rest water and about 10-15g each of psyllium husk and chia seeds mixed into it. I then have another half glass of straight water to rinse the glass (and my teeth) The cola probably ruins the benefit of the ACV but I really like the flavour combination. Don't knock it till you have tried it as they say. 🙄 The acid and fibre seems to keep my gut happy though. My bathroom visits have never been so good as they are now. Not sure that the ACV does anything for my diabetes (insulin does that) but I do think (gut feeling if you will excuse the pun) that the acidity is beneficial in some way.

Yesterday I ate or should say my food intake was
Brekky glass of beetroot juice, half a grapefruit and a cup of tea
Lunch stick of celery and a small piece of cheddar and an apple with black coffee
Dinner chicken and veg casserole of sorys with sweet potatoe topping cup of tea

Been some time since anyone posted here, so to help newbies, here is my food over the past 2 days - breakfast (blueberries day 2), lunch and 2 dinners.

Porridge with strawberries.JPGCurried squash and red pepper soup.JPGLemon sole dinner.jpgSalmon dinner.JPG

Hi , this is what I eat yesterday : Breakfast - Mushroom on Toast - Decaf black Coffee / grind my own beans
Lunch - asparagus - chicken - chorizo ( cooked in air fryer )
Dinner - Cheese and biscuits and sugar free jelly with raspberries and blueberries.

I drink water and black decaf coffee during the day.

B: Blueberry and almond porridge
L: HM Curried squash, sweet potato and red pepper soup
D: Pork loin, small baked spud, carrots, green beans, apple gravy
S: Satsuma
Bit higher on carbs but still less than 130gm a day. The baked spud was a treat.

Today will be:

B: Boiled egg and soldiers
L: HM Curried squash, sweet potato and red pepper soup (I've got a lot to use up)
D: Gammon and pineapple, the other small baked spud, cabbage, runner beans

Tomorrow I will be making my next batch of soup - tomato vegetable - and a slow cooker vegetable, tomato and chicken thigh casserole.

Saturday
B - Blueberry muffin and coffee
D - ham, cheese and pickle toastie, tunnocks caramel log
T - garlic chicken with mushrooms, herb baby potatoes
Evening - 2 vanilla vodkas with diet coke
Numerous coffee's throughout the day with numerous jelly babies as well then numerous custard creams before bed

Sunday
B - same
D - bacon sandwich with tomato sauce, tunnocks caramel log
T - pork sausages (LOVE Aldi's specially selected ones and their chorizo style pork sausages are amazing!), mash and onion gravy
Again numerous coffee's and jelly babies throughout the day and custard creams before bed

Yesterday
B - same
D - Chicken & vegetable soup with 2 slices of bread
T - chicken with cheese, leeks & bacon, herb baby potatoes
Evening snack - few wedges of cheese
As above

Today
B - same
D - same
T - will be burgers, mash and onion gravy
xx

Yesterday was:
B: Vanilla and almond slim shake
L: HM Curried squash, red pepper and sweet potato soup
D: Chicken thigh, 2 new potatoes, HM ratatouille

Today breakfast and dinner the same, but lunch was a crustless quiche with salad.
Yesterday was a massive cook-in session. I converted lots of veggies and 6 chicken thighs to 4 portions of chicken and veggie casserole plus 15 portions of veggie soup - you name it, the veg went in! The other 2 chicken thighs went with my ratatouille.

So this was yesterday.

Backfast granola

Lunch: sausage roll, rice cakes and vanilla latte machiato instant saccat.

Snacks a square and a half of dark chocolate. Snacking cheese.

Dinner vegan sausages(not vegan just like them sometimes), salad and a fruit and nut bar.

Snacks glucose tablets(obviously not a snack as such just a nessary) and later a Starbucks cookie and cream brownie(as got a too good to go order from Starbucks and cakes need eating as soon as possible really).

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Ham & Egg Cups (with spring onions and tomatoes) - similar to quiche but with ham instead of pastry, brewed coffee

Lunch: homemade Carrot, Pumpkin, Ham and Lettuce soup with 2 slices lighter Danish wholemeal toast and lurpak lighter, followed by 2 plums, instant coffee

Dinner/Tea: McDonald’s BBQ Bacon Stack burger with an espresso (only bought the espresso really as needed to make the order over £20 to get £5 off and with kids food and my burger it was 45p under... espresso is 79p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back