Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday:

Breakfast: skinny sausages and baked beans

Lunch: ham salad sandwich, pom bears, grapes

Snack: coffee and chocolate muffin

Dinner: pasta with bolognese, dried hard cheese on top and leaves on the side

Snack: light hot chocolate and 2 Oreos

80% in range. Would have been better if I hadn’t forgotten to bolus for the chocolate muffin until the rising bg reminded me…

Pretty judgemental and unsupportive responses from you both there… I’m sure if @andyp64 needs you to tell him what to eat he would ask
My post was merely expressing concern for other people who might be tempted to follow Andy's choices without testing. If Andy can get away with that menu then I am happy for him.

My post was merely expressing concern for other people who might be tempted to follow Andy's choices without testing. If Andy can get away with that menu then I am happy for him.
As it says as the top, everyone manages their diabetes differently. Please be respectful of this. Being so judgemental isn’t helpful.

Rubbish.
Stop being judgemental.
And don't tell other people what they can do.
We are all grown ups.
And it's a cracking result there.

Ho Hmmmm indeed, if you are hoping to reduce your blood glucose you should be making some better dietary choices as what you are having is way too high in carbs.
To be fair their hba1c has come down 73mmol in 3 months so maybe it was a treat day or maybe they cope just fine with it

B. Usual greek yoghurt raspberries and chia seeds
L. small apple and cheese
D. Chicken Kiev cauliflower cheese 2 small aunt bessies roast potatoes
snacks a packet of crisps 2 slices of live life bread and cheese toasted
Fluids throughout day

Yes, I thought that's great if you can get away with it but hope other people don't assume that is a good menu choice.
The BMI is good as is his HbA1c lowering by half I guess weight does help. Or is it the meds that help? Good or bad choices nowt seems good to eat. Low-carb pesto bean burgers in the low-carb book only help if you can eat them. They were awful. That's the second thing I've looked forward to and ended up saying never again.

The BMI is good as is his HbA1c lowering by half I guess weight does help. Or is it the meds that help? Good or bad choices nowt seems good to eat. Low-carb pesto bean burgers in the low-carb book only help if you can eat them. They were awful. That's the second thing I've looked forward to and ended up saying never again.
Looks like it was a cracking menu choice with those numbers 🙂

Looks like it was a cracking menu choice with those numbers 🙂
It is a huge problem what to eat I get it. I think that is why we say what matters anymore

B: Poached egg with a slice of ham
L: Quiche and salad
D: Vegetable and chicken casserole, cabbage, carrots, broccoli
S: 2 satsumas and lots of water

It is a huge problem what to eat I get it. I think that is why we say what matters anymore

I never saw food as a problem.
But criticism of what works for others, and undermining personal choice certainly is.
If it works for you, that's the only choice you should be making.
If others don't support your choices, ignore them.

Backfast proige made with almond milk

Lunch a gulten free cribetta roll, crisps, gullten free clips breads and kale(not the heathyest I know)

Snacks in the afternoon 3 gullten free crisps breads as top ups.

Dinner a subcumbled egg rice smoked salmon and an orange

Doing the low fodmao diet to see if it helps my issues

I never saw food as a problem.
But criticism of what works for others, and undermining personal choice certainly is.
If it works for you, that's the only choice you should be making.
If others don't support your choices, ignore them.
I agree with you however I’m in tears this morning as I have got back to testing everything it seems to see what reacts with me. Yes I know some of the baddie for me foods let’s say . I don’t need biscuits n cakes so I’m not deprived that way. However I do love coffee and guess what that’s my sugar raiser . No it’s not sugar in it . Yes I have stopped the milk completely but to go up four each time I have a black
Coffee and more in this heat. Yes I drink water in between but I need my coffee I’m an addict to it and it’s not lowering those four hence I might get it to 7 but next it’s eleven and then nine . It was 9.3 this morning so steadily rising up again . I could cry . Just water seems so unfair. I do allow myself one red bush with milk at lunchtime . I don’t like diet soda or soda only tonic water and that I have maybe once or twice in the evening can’t afford more. Fruit juices would be out . Oh dear this does all get me down .

I agree with you however I’m in tears this morning as I have got back to testing everything it seems to see what reacts with me. Yes I know some of the baddie for me foods let’s say . I don’t need biscuits n cakes so I’m not deprived that way. However I do love coffee and guess what that’s my sugar raiser . No it’s not sugar in it . Yes I have stopped the milk completely but to go up four each time I have a black
Coffee and more in this heat. Yes I drink water in between but I need my coffee I’m an addict to it and it’s not lowering those four hence I might get it to 7 but next it’s eleven and then nine . It was 9.3 this morning so steadily rising up again . I could cry . Just water seems so unfair. I do allow myself one red bush with milk at lunchtime . I don’t like diet soda or soda only tonic water and that I have maybe once or twice in the evening can’t afford more. Fruit juices would be out . Oh dear this does all get me down .

Are you waking up on 7, having a coffee, testing two hours later then seeing an 11, or a different regime?
Is it regular everyday?

Can you post some examples of the results you have seen from coffee, with times, food, coffee, bgs and we can help you to see if it could be something else? Or have you tried it with decaffeinated coffee? Nescafé Azera decaf is pretty good.

I wake much earlier than that but yes it has been consistent . Also in the evening I’ve tested as after dinner it might be about 10 then I do it and it’s gone down to about 7 but after a coffee ive tested again to see if after four hours post meal with a coffee I’ve waited and had it when I tested it does still increase . It can bd Kenco . Nescafé is worse and my freshly brewed is definitely from beans Seems the worst. Got Aldi vista no3 to try next but I don’t hold hope .

I wake much earlier than that but yes it has been consistent . Also in the evening I’ve tested as after dinner it might be about 10 then I do it and it’s gone down to about 7 but after a coffee ive tested again to see if after four hours post meal with a coffee I’ve waited and had it when I tested it does still increase . It can bd Kenco . Nescafé is worse and my freshly brewed is definitely from beans Seems the worst. Got Aldi vista no3 to try next but I don’t hold hope .

I meant numbers BG of 7 rising 4 points after 2 hours.
But after 4 hours between the pre coffee and post coffee test seems weird.
Have you tested just coffee on its own after two hours, without any food? Say mid morning?

Can you post some examples of the results you have seen from coffee, with times, food, coffee, bgs and we can help you to see if it could be something else? Or have you tried it with decaffeinated coffee? Nescafé Azera decaf is pretty good.
Not sure how I’d do that it would just be photos of meter. I cannot take decaf as it leads to migraines.

I meant numbers BG of 7 rising 4 points after 2 hours.
But after 4 hours between the pre coffee and post coffee test seems weird.
Have you tested just coffee on its own after two hours, without any food? Say mid morning?
No you mistake me . The four hours is I wait day dinner 1800 never as precise but to explain . Then I test 2000 then I’d have a coffee then test at 2200 . So I can see the result of dinner then it’s the coffee

Not sure how I’d do that it would just be photos of meter. I cannot take decaf as it leads to migraines.
You must be tracking the results of bg and foods in a log somewhere to interpret them? So just a photo of that? Or copy it out

Eg
7am bg x food x coffee x
9am bg x

Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back