What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would take your mind off food
Nothing really takes my mind off food, maybe a good book or film or an hour in the garden, but not much. 🙂 I'm just a greedy pig. Usually I'd curb the hunger pangs by eating more fat, olive oil and butter, but now I'm worried due to my liver and I've to have more blood tests in a while to see how it's going on. I'm always having trouble with it. :( So I'm thinking I should cut down on the fats? To say I'm fed-up is the least of it.

I was okay yesterday, not a bad menu, till last night when I succumbed to a small bunch of grapes. 😱

B M &S skinny sausage, beans scrambled egg

L turkey and ham salad, yoghurt

Snack apple , plum

D chicken. Peas, green beans, carrots. Cauliflower. Broccoli,
Frozen low fat yoghurt with fruit salad

Cream egg and walnut whip

I was okay yesterday, not a bad menu, till last night when I succumbed to a small bunch of grapes
Often hunger is not really hunger at all but the body telling you that it needs water. Most days I'll have at least a few pints, some days more a lot more.

Nothing really takes my mind off food, maybe a good book or film or an hour in the garden, but not much. 🙂 I'm just a greedy pig. Usually I'd curb the hunger pangs by eating more fat, olive oil and butter, but now I'm worried due to my liver and I've to have more blood tests in a while to see how it's going on. I'm always having trouble with it. :( So I'm thinking I should cut down on the fats? To say I'm fed-up is the least of it.
I was okay yesterday, not a bad menu, till last night when I succumbed to a small bunch of grapes. 😱
Oh Ditto you are struggling aren't you hun - gosh I bet you feel as if you're losing it sometimes - and I'm sorry to hear you succumbed to eating a small bunch of grapes - notwithstanding the sugar content - a small bunch of grapes I imagine is better for you atm rather than consuming a multitude of other sweet & sugary foods & drinks instead - however I do agree with Martin about drinking water.

I drink 200mls of warm boiled water first thing in the morning - and the same last thing at night - I also drink a further 600mls - 750mls of water throughout the day - I usually drink about 200mls water just prior to a meal to aid control portion size - I note that you have increased your water intake of late so well done there hun.

May I make a couple of suggestions here please Ditto - have you tried drinking a tumbler of water - slowly - when you are fighting your hunger pangs - or cleaning your teeth for say 4mins-5 mins - or rinsing your mouth with a mouthwash -all this will help to overcome pangs of hunger - it doesn't matter how many times a day you do this if it helps you.

Try not to get too despondent Ditto - I'm sure you are doing the best you can - i know how diffucult it is for you especially with blood tests looming - I understand your anxieties as to this and that you want to make some sort of an effort before then. Take care hun & look after yourself. x (((hugs)))
WL

B: Toasted cheese sandwich
L: McDonalds Big Tasty with bacon
D: Marinated chicken & coleslaw
Pud: 2 Lindor dark choc truffles.

B: Latte, 260ml of semi skimmed and 80ml of espresso
L: forgot that bit
D: Spicy wings, stuffed jalapeños, mozzarella fingers and French Fries washed down with a couple of Belhaven IPA.

Followed by a few Innis and Gunn, bottle of Amarone and half a packet of Haggis and Black Pepper crisps.

B coffee and cream
L protein roll Lidl and 4 fried eggs they where tiny
D chicken tikka and cauliflower rice it was a left over from 2 days ago and it was only husband and I in so it saved on the cooking as I had a tub there with normal rice Already in it as I had done it for son who is T1 and marked how many carbs was in it just for him for his insulin.
I drank more yesterday too 4 750ml bottles plus my 2 coffees which are filled with at least 350mls of water as I have a very large mug hahaha. Hubby calls it my boat hahaha
I have to say I was on the go a lot though and did over 15K steps (have Fitbit).

Today
B - 45g honey granola, 110g skyr mixed with honey and a cup of coffee, milk
9:30ish - cup of coffee, milk
D - 2 slices 50/50 filled with 30g Philadelphia, 4 slices smoked ham, lettuce leaves and 60g coleslaw and a Jacobs cheddar after
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - ovenbaked river cobbler fillet, 2 Yorkshire puddings, 80g petits pois, 30g cheddar with pickled onion and chives and 60g coleslaw (weird mix I know but tasted delicious) 🙂 and a 25g bar moser roth 75%
Currently - cup of coffee, milk x

I haven't eaten a single Easter Egg but was offered loads! Shan't input my menu though as you'd be shocked. 😱 Have taken on board all advice and will be implementing from Tuesday. I always have to have a cut-off point for some reason.

I got my letter from doc, cholesterol 5.2 and have to get it down to below 4. Agh. They've told me in the bumph to eat lots and lots of pasta, potatoes, rice etc., but without butter. Words fail me.

Whats wrong with these foods without butter, ok I have mashed tattie and butter and have a small amount of butter with boiled potatoes but they don't 'need' butter x

If I eat those foods at all I will pile on even more weight, with or without butter. I can gain weight at the rate of 2 pounds a day. Starch is obviously not for me. I know you're probably thinking 'portion size' but I've tried that as well. Ate for a week exactly as family did, on a holiday to Blackpool back in the day, they all stayed the same and I gained a stone. 😱 Just eating 'normal' English cooking.

B: Latte, 260ml of semi skimmed and 80ml of espresso
L: forgot that bit
D: Spicy wings, stuffed jalapeños, mozzarella fingers and French Fries washed down with a couple of Belhaven IPA.

Followed by a few Innis and Gunn, bottle of Amarone and half a packet of Haggis and Black Pepper crisps.
You had a field day yesterday didn't you A? 🙄😱:Do_O😛

If I eat those foods at all I will pile on even more weight, with or without butter. I can gain weight at the rate of 2 pounds a day. Starch is obviously not for me. I know you're probably thinking 'portion size' but I've tried that as well. Ate for a week exactly as family did, on a holiday to Blackpool back in the day, they all stayed the same and I gained a stone. 😱 Just eating 'normal' English cooking.
It's a wonder you haven't gone batty Ditto 😱 I know its nightmare for you - have you spoken with a Dietician recently - do you think you need to or would like to? I'm so concerned for you - My cholesterol was 5.2 at last count - bloods are due fairly soon which I'm dreading too! Don't despair Ditto take care x
WL

I haven't eaten a single Easter Egg but was offered loads! Shan't input my menu though as you'd be shocked. 😱 Have taken on board all advice and will be implementing from Tuesday. I always have to have a cut-off point for some reason.

I got my letter from doc, cholesterol 5.2 and have to get it down to below 4. Agh. They've told me in the bumph to eat lots and lots of pasta, potatoes, rice etc., but without butter. Words fail me.
May i ask please who is advising you to eat lots of pasta rice & potatoes? As a fellow T2 and as a rule - I avoid these foods - but I will eat only one or two very baby new potatoes - but not every day xx

Today
B - 45g honey granola, 110g skyr with honey and a cup of coffee, milk
9:15ish - cup of coffee, milk
D - 2 slices 50/50 filled with 2 rashers bacon, 30g Philadelphia, 2 lettuce leaves then 3 Jacobs cheddars
2:30ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - 3 Lincolnshire sausages, 2 yorkies, 80g broccoli, 80g cauliflower, wee drop of gravy, 2 Jacobs cheddars and a 25g bar moser roth 75%
Currently - cup of coffee, milk x

B coffee and cream not tried the bulletproof coffee yet
L left over pesto chicken with a protein roll and butter.
D steak and sausage stew with broccoli and cauliflower
4 pieces of dark chocolate 90%
3 litres in total of water as I went shopping in Glasgow

@Ditto Can you tolerate the wholewheat/grains pasta and rice. I'd give the spuds a miss unless the baby one and only one or two if tolerated.
We are after all different as I can't tolerate them at all.

Brek: Cheese omlette
Lunch: Small salad
Dinner: Rump steak and a veg stir fry and loads of burnt onions as I just cant resist them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back