What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Mark @Mark Parrott
Just wondering how much the cheesecake affects yours numbers ? . My favourite treat was strawberry cheesecake , but I ain't even looked at it sense diagnosis .
If I thought I could get away with it I would possibly have small portion after Sunday dinner for treat.
If I know Mark, he'll have done some wizardry with smoke and mirrors and produced a carb and sugar free version!

@Robin Hi Robin
Very good lol , hope you have a pleasant day .

Yesterday.
Breakfast. Lidl Granola, handful of omega seed mix, home made yogurt.
Mid am, Cappucino, 2sq Lindt 90% dark choc
Lunch. Kale soup(and other assorted veg, but mainly Kale, I bought a big bag of it really cheap and it's lasted...and lasted...) , half an apple, satsuma, handful of Brazil nuts, 2 sqs milk choc
Dinner. Sausage, green lentil and tomato casserole.

Morning Mark @Mark Parrott
Just wondering how much the cheesecake affects yours numbers ? . My favourite treat was strawberry cheesecake , but I ain't even looked at it sense diagnosis .
If I thought I could get away with it I would possibly have small portion after Sunday dinner for treat.
It is a low carb version. Base is a mix of almond flour, ground linseed, dessicated coconut & Natvia sweetener mixed with melted butter & pressed into a springform cake tin. The cheesecake itself is a basic baked recipe but replaced sugar with Natvia. And I topped it with a truffle recipe made from 85% choc, double cream & rum. If cut into 8 slices, works out around 5g carb per slice.

It is a low carb version. Base is a mix of almond flour, ground linseed, dessicated coconut & Natvia sweetener mixed with melted butter & pressed into a springform cake tin. The cheesecake itself is a basic baked recipe but replaced sugar with Natvia. And I topped it with a truffle recipe made from 85% choc, double cream & rum. If cut into 8 slices, works out around 5g carb per slice.
@Mark Parrott
To complicated for me to put together Mark . Saying that if iv did without it from October, maybe I'm better staying away from it .
Hope you have a nice day Mark

Breakfast coffee and cream
Lunch fried eggs and burgen
Mocha with it and a packet of baked cheese and onion.
Dinner bolo sauce and cauliflower rice and Lindt dark mint and lemon 2 squares.
Water with diluting throughout the day.

B - Bacon
L - Salad
S - More Bacon
D - Chicken Leg & Salad

Today
B - 40g honey granola, 110g skyr mixed with honey and a cup of coffee, milk
9:30ish - cup of coffee, milk
D - egg mayo sandwich with 2 slices 50/50 bread and a kinder milk slice
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 Yorkshire puddings, 80g petits pois, some gravy and a packet of Quavers
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

Yesterday my bgl was all over the place starting with a 7.3 and finishing with a 3.8 at bed

B: 50grm Porridge, 50grms Raspberries & 200ml of Semi Skimmed Milk
D: KFC Zinger, 3 bits of Chicken and 6 hotwings washed down with a bottle of Smartwater

Today bgl 5.2 fasting , 6.8 2pm and 6.4 at 6pm
B . 1 pint water. 2 rounds toast with scrambled egg +bacon.
D . Pint water . Lamb chop with veg , small portion of mash and gravy .
T . Tuna sandwich 4 rounds (granary bread) bowl of home made vegetable soup .+ a coffee .
Have we coffee with couple of rich tea biscuits around 8 and have an early night .

Today
B - 40g honey granola, 110g skyr mixed with honey and a cup of coffee, milk
9:30ish - cup of coffee, milk
D - egg mayo sandwich with 2 slices 50/50 bread and a kinder milk slice
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 Yorkshire puddings, 80g petits pois, some gravy and a packet of Quavers
After t - cup of coffee, milk x
@Northerner suggested Skyr honey yogurt to me - its nice with frozen blueberries or raspberries.

Today bgl 5.2 fasting , 6.8 2pm and 6.4 at 6pm
B . 1 pint water. 2 rounds toast with scrambled egg +bacon.
D . Pint water . Lamb chop with veg , small portion of mash and gravy .
T . Tuna sandwich 4 rounds (granary bread) bowl of home made vegetable soup .+ a coffee .
Have we coffee with couple of rich tea biscuits around 8 and have an early night .
I hope there aren't any potatoes 😱 in your vegetable soup!!!

BG 6.2 @ 6.47am
Bottle water with fibre
BG 6.5 @ 9.40am
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, 2 rashers Bacon, large Tomato.
Pt Aspirin water, meds

BG 5.8 @ 11.15am
Lunch:
Tiny triangle of sandwich Chicken Stuffing Mayo (acquired taste!), 2 Rich Tea Biscuits.

Snack:
Entire bag of Thorntons Special Toffee! :(
Bottle Water.

Dinner:
Pack of Mushrooms, 2 large Cans Tuna, 1 thickly buttered slice of Wholemeal Crusty Bread.
BG 9.6 @ 6.17pm 😱

Bottle Water and Levothyroxine.
BG 5.9 @ 11.25pm
@Ditto - your menu sounds good but hope you don't mind me saying: think portion size.

Ooops
@wirralass
Oops yep there were potatoes in soup .
Must be more careful as I seem to be eating more potato than I should. I really need to try new menus as as I seem to stick to same food . I eat either chicken,fish or steak everyday and have small portion of mash with each meal ,Saying that it don't seem to spike me much 2 hours after eating .

Ooops

@wirralass
Oops yep there were potatoes in soup .
Must be more careful as I seem to be eating more potato than I should. I really need to try new menus as as I seem to stick to same food . I eat either chicken,fish or steak everyday and have small portion of mash with each meal ,Saying that it don't seem to spike me much 2 hours after eating .
Your figures sound pretty good to me. I very rarely eat potatoes & have replaced them with other veg that can be mashed, roasted or chipped. Turnips (the white things with a purple top) are great for chipping or roasting & cauliflower makes great mash when mixed with butter & seasoned.

Yesterday:
B: Mackerel on burgen toast
L: Piri Piri chicken strips with a mustard mayo dip
D: Sausage & bacon burgen sarnie & 2 squares 85% choc.
Handful of peanuts before bed.

B - 2 Poached Eggs on Burgen Toast
L - Chicken Salad
D - Home made Chilli Burgers, Broccoli, Sweet Potato & Turnip Mash, Leeks

Yesterday
B. Lidl Granola, Grape Tree omega seed mix, home made plain yogurt
Mid am, cappucino
L. Cold sausage in half a Lidl protein roll, half an apple, satsuma, 2sq 90% dark choc
Tea out at garden centre. Gluten free Choc Brownie (no particular reason for GF, it's just what they had)
D. Tuna, cannellini beans, onion, red pepper, courgette, in a white sauce with a splash of tomato purée.

@James 048
When I make homemade veggie soup I blend it when it's cooked - that way it makes a lovely thick soup in the absence of potatoes that would normally thicken it. Maybe not to everyone's taste but it works for me. What's left over is frozen in individual tubs or ramekins for another day or two.

Dx Type 2 April 2016
Metformin withdrawn
Diet control and exercise only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back