What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, WL. Most of my recipes are from other peoples recipes, I just modify them a bit. The basic cheesecake recipe is from a website called I Breathe I'm Hungry & the truffle topping is just a basic truffle recipe that I bunged on top of the cheesecake. I don't know where i would stand with copyright rules if I published them.:confused:
www.ProtectMyWork.com
and
copyrightservice.co.uk/services/price_list

Yesterday
Breakfast coffee and cream
Lunch hamburger and pulled pork on a bun
Dinner chicken noodle soup
Throughout the day water as I'm unwell with a cold blurgh.

6.30am .1 pint water , 2 poached eggs +2 rounds of granary bread toasted and cup of coffee
12.00pm 1 pint water ( ate out ) Turkey, ham , 1 roast potato, broccoli +1 scoop of mash and gravy. No desert .
5pm pint of water .sirloin steak with half dozen oven fries ,garden peas with pint of milk .
9pm 2 rich Tea biscuits with coffee .
I SEE BY OTHER MEMBERS POSTS I COULD BE EATING TO MUCH ,
ANY OPINIONS APPRECIATED.

Today
B - 40g honey granola, 110g skyr mixed with honey and a cup of coffee, milk
9:30ish - cup of coffee, 3 teaspoons double cream
D - 4 slices honey roast ham and 40g cucumber in 2 slices 50/50
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, 4 teaspoons double cream and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - parmesan chicken breast fillet, 2 yorkshire puddings, 80g petits pois, salad cream and a digestive biscuit for afters
After t - cup of coffee, 3 teaspoons double cream 🙂 x

6.30am .1 pint water , 2 poached eggs +2 rounds of granary bread toasted and cup of coffee
12.00pm 1 pint water ( ate out ) Turkey, ham , 1 roast potato, broccoli +1 scoop of mash and gravy. No desert .
5pm pint of water .sirloin steak with half dozen oven fries ,garden peas with pint of milk .
9pm 2 rich Tea biscuits with coffee .
I SEE BY OTHER MEMBERS POSTS I COULD BE EATING TO MUCH ,
ANY OPINIONS APPRECIATED.
I wouldn't say you're eating too much. You are having a few more carbs than I choose to eat, but if your body handles them ok, then you're fine. Drinking the water is brilliant & will help immensely.🙂

B - Spinach & feta omelet
L - mini crab cakes (they were Maryland style so full of lump crab & hence 1g carb each, had 6)
D - Chicken breast stuffed with spinach & cream cheese with Asparagus

I wouldn't say you're eating too much. You are having a few more carbs than I choose to eat, but if your body handles them ok, then you're fine. Drinking the water is brilliant & will help immensely.🙂
Thanks Mark
I'm always hungry and usually try to substitute food with water . been worried as last week my numbers unexpectedly went up dramatically without any real change in lifestyle or food menu .it turned out I got a faulty pk of verio one touch test strips from pharmacy that were giving me crazy readings . Thankfully now I'm back down to between 5.5 and 8.0 at various timed throughout the day .

it turned out I got a faulty pk of verio one touch test strips from pharmacy that were giving me crazy readings
That's a relief, James, funny how it's just little things that can drive us nuts....

Today.

Complete newbie to D. Type 2 and 4 days into medication - 1 x 500mg Metformin for first week then 2 x 500mg thereafter. I think I was 16 in my test. 12st 8lbs. 70 years.
I've got everything to learn about good and bad carbs. etc. and I am waiting for delivery of a monitor, but I've started to think about my diet and for the first time, today, recorded my food intake. Until I do my homework, I'm groping about in the dark but would be interested to hear any observations, positive or negative. I've given my carb calculation for each meal.

B. - slice of rye bread, thinly spread (olive spread), one large tomato. ( 20g carbs.)

L. - salad of 80gm tinned tuna, 130g tin of chickpeas, 30g chopped chorizo, fresh tomato, cucumber and lettuce. 2 tsp. olive oil and white wine vinegar dressing. + one Danish crispbake. (29g carbs)

D. - 75gm. whole meal spaghetti, sauce - 300g tinned tomato, small onion, 2 cloves garlic, 4 mushrooms, 1/2 small red pepper, olive oil. 100g fresh king prawns. (87g carbs)

Yesterday

B: Espresso
L: Salad with extra anchovies
D: Homemade Oxtail soup with 2 slices of Tesco high protein bread and a couple of glasses of white wine

Today.

Complete newbie to D. Type 2 and 4 days into medication - 1 x 500mg Metformin for first week then 2 x 500mg thereafter. I think I was 16 in my test. 12st 8lbs. 70 years.
I've got everything to learn about good and bad carbs. etc. and I am waiting for delivery of a monitor, but I've started to think about my diet and for the first time, today, recorded my food intake. Until I do my homework, I'm groping about in the dark but would be interested to hear any observations, positive or negative. I've given my carb calculation for each meal.

B. - slice of rye bread, thinly spread (olive spread), one large tomato. ( 20g carbs.)

L. - salad of 80gm tinned tuna, 130g tin of chickpeas, 30g chopped chorizo, fresh tomato, cucumber and lettuce. 2 tsp. olive oil and white wine vinegar dressing. + one Danish crispbake. (29g carbs)

D. - 75gm. whole meal spaghetti, sauce - 300g tinned tomato, small onion, 2 cloves garlic, 4 mushrooms, 1/2 small red pepper, olive oil. 100g fresh king prawns. (87g carbs)
Hi Browser
You seem to have things well in hand .
A very impressive and nutritious days eating .
Keep up the good work .☺

BG 6.2 @ 6.47am
Bottle water with fibre
BG 6.5 @ 9.40am
Breakfast:
Scrambled Eggs, 2 rashers Bacon, large Tomato.
Pt Aspirin water, meds

BG 5.8 @ 11.15am
Lunch:
Tiny triangle of sandwich Chicken Stuffing Mayo (acquired taste!), 2 Rich Tea Biscuits.

Snack:
Entire bag of Thorntons Special Toffee! :(
Bottle Water.

Dinner:
Pack of Mushrooms, 2 large Cans Tuna, 1 thickly buttered slice of Wholemeal Crusty Bread.
BG 9.6 @ 6.17pm 😱

Bottle Water and Levothyroxine.
BG 5.9 @ 11.25pm

D - Bowl of Corned Beef & Cabbage left over from Saturday.... Replaced the potato with turnip

Yesterday
B - scrambled egg, bacon, slice of toast
L - peanut butter sandwich
D - roast chicken, loads of veg, 2 small yorkies
Snacks - nuts and wedge of edam

Today
B - 40g honey granola, 110g skyr mixed with honey and a cup of coffee, 2 teaspoons double cream
9:20ish - cup of coffee, 3 teaspoons double cream
D - ham and cucumber sandwich (2 slices 50/50) and a kinder milk slice
2:20ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, 4 teaspoons double cream and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - 1 and a half pork loin steaks, 100g mashed potato, 100g fried beansprouts, some gravy and a digestive
After t - cup of coffee, milk 🙂 x

Today
B ... Egg bacon mushrooms and one slice of toast
L... Sardines four ryvitas with hummus and a mini choc bar ( 5carbs)
D... Small jacket potato with coleslaw and two small chicken breasts
Mid afternoon ... Latte with two rich tea biscuits ...

Breakfast coffee and cream
Lunch soup and burgen
Dinner omelette
Water throughout the day.

Yesterday.
B: Greek yoghurt with berries, nuts & seeds
L: Salmon salad (@Northerner, if you have a B&M near you, John West tinned salmon is 79p a tin)
Snack: Chunky peanut butter kit kat.😱
D: Chicken breast stuffed with feta & basil & wrapped in Serrano ham with leeks, peas & spinach fried in butter
Pud: Last slice of truffle cheesecake.

Yesterday.
B: Greek yoghurt with berries, nuts & seeds
L: Salmon salad (@Northerner, if you have a B&M near you, John West tinned salmon is 79p a tin)
Snack: Chunky peanut butter kit kat.😱
D: Chicken breast stuffed with feta & basil & wrapped in Serrano ham with leeks, peas & spinach fried in butter
Pud: Last slice of truffle cheesecake.
Morning Mark @Mark Parrott
Just wondering how much the cheesecake affects yours numbers ? . My favourite treat was strawberry cheesecake , but I ain't even looked at it sense diagnosis .
If I thought I could get away with it I would possibly have small portion after Sunday dinner for treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back