What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never know how much insulin to take to compensate for the food I eat.
I've downloaded the app carbs and cals but don't know where to start lol. This is what happened before....because I can't work out the carbs and it takes forever, I give up. Last hba1c 88
A start might be to keep a diary and then you can look back at meals where you got it right and divide the carbs you ate by the units you injected. This would give you a starting point for your ratio, then you can adjust it if you need to for meals at different times of day by changing the ratio a little at a time until it comes out right. Can you ask your diabetes team to put you on a DAFNE course? When I did mine they started everyone on 1:10 and adjusted from there, but if DAFNE isn't available there are good books you can get to help you. Record keeping is the key though. Good luck!

That is a new one on me too!
I've never actually tried it myself I just use bought 50/50 loaves but I've seen the recipes for it so Mark would have to confirm if it was any good lol x

Thank you.
I find it all so overwhelming which is why i give up.
Don't give up, Lols. Your health is too important!🙂 Have you been on a carb count course? Nag your endo, DSN, etc until you get the help and info you need. 🙂 Or try the bdec online course - you can learn at your own pace, which I found very useful.🙄 Diabetes UK have a section on carb counting too. 🙂

Last edited:
I've never actually tried it myself I just use bought 50/50 loaves but I've seen the recipes for it so Mark would have to confirm if it was any good lol x
I am not likely to try, i am not into things i cant easily get. When i last had a burger i used bread thin as a bun substitute.

Don't give up, Lols. Your health is too important!🙂 Have you been on a carb count course? Nag your endo, DSN, etc until you get the help and info you need. 🙂 Or try the bdec online course - you can learn at your own pace, which I found very useful.🙄 Diabetes UK have a section on carb counting too. 🙂
Thank you. I'll have a look at that online course

@Mark Parrott. You've got us on tender hooks here - we're waiting & itching to know what cloud bread is?
Kaylz got it right. It's bread made with eggs, cream cheese, baking powder & cream of tartar. Very light. Worked ok. First time i've ever made them.

Kaylz got it right. It's bread made with eggs, cream cheese, baking powder & cream of tartar. Very light. Worked ok. First time i've ever made them.
I made some last year.... sorry to say but the texture put me off, I was hoping for something like a nice crusty loaf

I made some last year.... sorry to say but the texture put me off, I was hoping for something like a nice crusty loaf
Must admit, don't think i'll bother again. A lot of hassle for a puff of wind.

Today
B - 40g honey granola, 110g skyr mixed with honey and a cup of coffee, milk
9:30ish - cup of coffee, milk
D - ham and cheese on 2 slices 50/50 toast
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, 3 teaspoons double cream and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - oven baked river cobbler fillet, 2 potato waffles, 80g petits pois, wee dollop of mayo and for pud - low carb molten chocolate cake with 2 tablespoons double cream
Currently - away to enjoy another cup of coffee, milk 🙂 x

Yesterday

B: Espresso
L: Ham, Cheese & Mushroom toasted sarnie on Tesco High Protien bread
D: 300grm Ribeye steak, 150grm french fries (done in the Air Fryer), 100grms of mushrooms in garlic butter washed down with 2 large glasses of Amarone
Snacks: :(:(:( Wheat Crunchies (bacon) with Ham & Cheese Primula spread squeezed in to them, 80grms of Doritos with Lemon & Corriander Humus and 4 cans of Bud Light

Yesterday
B.. Two slices of small warburtons sliced wholemeal with peanut butter
L.. Minced beef with veg
D... Chinese :0 I had egg and mushroom foo young and small portion of chicken chow mein plus one chicken ball and one pork ball .... BG one hour after was 7.0 two hours after 7.2 ...

B: mashed tiny banana with flaxseed, chopped almonds, cinnamon and soya milk
L: 9 bar and a plum
D: quorn roast with roast carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans and onion gravy, followed by courgette and chocolate rum-soaked muffin with summer fruits coulis and fresh cream and half a bottle of rose
3 Sainsbury's Belgian chocolates, yum!

Yesterday 18.03.2017 - a cracker of a day!!

200mls warm boiled water with slice of lemon
B. 1 weetabix with KoKo alternative to milk & 1 skinny lattè
L. 125g tin BBC flavour sardines (tasty) on 1 slice toasted bergen - Skyr honey yogurt - 1 cup lady grey without milk, 2 Truvia sweeteners.
Eve.meal. ww Greek style salad cheese on 5 wholemeal crackers + 1 mug cappuccino 2 Truvia sweeteners - Yogurt & handful frozen blueberries
1 Garlic capsule
Snack. 3 Spiced apple chutney flavoured crackers + 6 mini bread sticks!
4 Squares dark chocolate 😱

1.5 mls water throughout the day
200mls warm boiled water before bed.

Dx Type2 April 2016
Metformin withdrawn
Diet and exercise only

Today
B - 40g honey granola, 110g skyr mixed with honey and a cup of coffee with 2 teaspoons double cream
9:30ish - cup of coffee, 2 teaspoons double cream ok ok 3 (one didn't make it into the cup it went straight down the throat 😳)
D - 1 slice 50/50 toast, 100g branston beans, 3 rashers fried bacon, 1 fried egg and a few slices fried mushrooms (was soooo tasty 🙂)
2:30ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, 2 teaspoons double cream and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkshire puddings, 120g broccoli, some gravy and a digestive for afters
After t - cup of coffee, milk
Rest of the night - trying to make my way through a pint of water but really am struggling haha x

Yesterday.
B: Bacon & egg cups
L: Nothing as brekky was late.
D: Cottage pie wiyh cauli mash
Pud: Truffle lime cheesecake (yes I've made another cheesecake🙂)

Yesterday.
B: Bacon & egg cups
L: Nothing as brekky was late.
D: Cottage pie wiyh cauli mash
Pud: Truffle lime cheesecake (yes I've made another cheesecake🙂)
OMG Mark - yet another one of your brill ideas! Truffle Lime cheesecake? Mmmm! Sounds abs delicious 😛- I'm still waiting for an invitation to go & stay at yours (with your OH'S consent of course 🙄!) to share your amazing desserts. I think you should compile your recipes & have them published - that is if you haven't done so already!

OMG Mark - yet another one of your brill ideas! Truffle Lime cheesecake? Mmmm! Sounds abs delicious 😛- I'm still waiting for an invitation to go & stay at yours (with your OH'S consent of course 🙄!) to share your amazing desserts. I think you should compile your recipes & have them published - that is if you haven't done so already!
Thanks, WL. Most of my recipes are from other peoples recipes, I just modify them a bit. The basic cheesecake recipe is from a website called I Breathe I'm Hungry & the truffle topping is just a basic truffle recipe that I bunged on top of the cheesecake. I don't know where i would stand with copyright rules if I published them.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back