What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday. Always at my Bruv's on a Thursday night, so something carby/sugary is usually involved (despite he is also T2🙄).
B: Toasted cheese sandwich (1 slice Burgen)
L: Tuna mayo salad
D: Pork chop, kidney, carrots, brocolli & a parsnip
Pud: Slice of strawberry & kiwi flan with extra thick double cream.
How I only ended up with a 6.1 I don't know!🙂

Yesterday
B- boiled egg, coffee, bramley apple sausage
Dinner at Ask Italian: Melanzane al Forno, Sea Bass Al Forno, Sauvignon Blanc Doc
No ice cream at the theatre. 🙂

Today
B - 45g honey granola, 150g greek style yoghurt and 8g cocoa powder mixed in (yum 🙂) cup of coffee, milk
9:30ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk
D - 6 slices spicy chorizo and mayonnaise on 2 slices 50/50
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 2 squares lindt 90%
T - 3 pork and leek sausages, 2 yorkshire puddings, 160g cauliflower, wee drop of gravy and a lotus biscuit
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

Yesterday:
B: Two Waitrose chorizo sausages, a mushroom or two and three cherry tomatoes, one hash brown from the farm shop, all topped with a fried egg. Cup of strong real coffee with lots of milk and a v little Truvia
L: one slice of toasted Vogel with some guacamole and 3 or 4 cherry tomatoes, c2.30.
D: chicken stir fry (my own. not from a packet). No noodles or rice! lots of beansprouts, pepper etc
then a few wheatmeal thins (Waitrose own, 4 iirc) with a little butter and some Red Leicester cheese
No dessert.... but
Late: I was caving something sweet and unctuous, and had lots of Dutchy full cream milk in the fridge... - so I indulged in a small bowl of Jordan's muesli before bed, and a hot drink of Robinson's Blackcurrant ("no aded sugar").
Mistake - my glucose reading was 18.2 this morning!

Today:
B: pretty much the same as yesterday (very good!) but only one chorizo sausage
L: Waitrose taramasalata (not the pink dyed stuff) with one slice of Vogel, toasted.
I felt a bit light headed after my dog walk (back at 6pm) and my 6.30pm reading was 5.6 - the lowest since diagnosis! - so I had six small red grapes. That worked!
D: Lamb's liver, sautéd with thyme and garlic, quite a lot of sprouting broccoli, and a good portion of spinach.
An hour later I had a bowl of creamy yoghurt with a good spoonful of my wild plum jam on it (not much sugar in my jams). I did an 11pm reading which was 15+ :(

I was meant to up my insulin again today as most readings are still over 10, but I didn't, given the one 5.6 reading...

Yesterday
All day breakfast for lunch. (Fried egg, mushrooms, tomato, bacon, sausage)
Ratatouille and steak mince with onions for tea.

Yesterday.
B: Slice of toast
L: Cheese & tomato toastie
D: For reasons I can't explain, just wasn't hungry.

Bit of a blowout Friday!

B: mashed banana with ground flaxseed, Brazils and soya milk
Mid-morning: plum, 3 pieces mature cheddar (was part of my packed lunch but I was hungry!)
L: graze box, plum
Snack before cycle home: Nature Valley protein bar
Snack to line stomach before consuming a dry Martini & sugarfree cloudy lemonade: Brazil's & 2 plain chocolate digestive thins
D: Indian takeaway: half each of 3 side dishes: sag paneer; veg curry; garlic mushrooms, 3 poppadums. Our takeaway are very good, I specify no potatoes or sugar and low salt and they generally oblige.
(They also have an inventive name: Wellindian, which works even better when you know that it's in Welling).
Half a bottle of dry rose wine
3 Lindors: plain, milk and hazelnut
3 chocolate Brazils

I had a bit of a blow out, so I can't eat till wednesday.

B: Weetabix with 175ml of semi skimmed milk
L: Stoats Dark Chocolate & Orange flapjack bar
D: Baked Camenbert with 2 slices of granery bread, 4oz fillet steak, 4 King rawns in Pil Pil sauce, 100grm of french fries, 50grm Spinach, Mandarin orange cheese cake, 2 bottles of cote's de Rhone white wine and a bottle of Amarone (wine was shared with my wife)

Yesterday
B...toast and peanut butter
L.. Soup and a warburtons this.
D... Fish with some oven chips and a small spoon of reduced sugar beans
One yogurt and two biscuits
Frankly I am getting so bored of this diet regime .... Today I hate having the d and feel miserable :(
@Manda1. Hi. My sentiments exactly Manda on more days than I want, unfortunately D works in mysterious ways too!😱 sometines want to kick it into touch! Chin up if you can x

Yesterday
B... Porridge even though it spikes me somewhat had no testing strips so couldn't tell ...
L.. Two sausages one Yorkshire pud and some peas
T.. Two slices nimble with tuna and cucumber and a orange yogurt
Went out with the girls after work some ate I didn't sat opposite a fellow type 2 who ate creamy Mac and cheese plus some garlic bread followed by choc fudge cake and I was well jell ... Just saying ... I stuck to two glasses of white wine ... Booo :(

Today
B - 45g honey granola, 125g greek style yoghurt with 6g cocoa powder mixed in and a cup of coffee, milk
D - boiled egg mixed with butter, mayo and pepper in 2 slices 50/50
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 2 squares lindt 90%
T - ovenbaked basa fillet done in a little butter and pepper, 2 yorkshire puddings (was meant to be potato waffle but there wasn't any in the freezer oops lol) 80g cauliflower, 40g petits pois, little dollop of mayo and a dark chocolate teacake
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

Got to tell you I have tried waffles following your recommendation and very pleased to say they don't do horrible things to my levelsYum.

Today
B - 2 toasted waffles and a bournville cadbury highlights
D - chicken and bacon sandwich filler on a 50/50 roll and a 25g bar 70% chocolate
T- parmesan chicken fillet, 2 yorkshire puddings, 80g petits pois and some salad cream, lets just say it's a good job chicken has no carbs as that fillet was a beast lol x

Got to tell you I have tried waffles following your recommendation and very pleased to say they don't do horrible things to my levelsYum.
Awww good I'm glad 🙂 I would have felt awful if they had haha, I got fed up of them so as you might have noticed I'm on granola everyday now 🙂 x

Awww good I'm glad 🙂 I would have felt awful if they had haha, I got fed up of them so as you might have noticed I'm on granola everyday now 🙂 x
Was it your post I read you had tried cinnamon toasties or something like that? What did they do to your levels. There is only a certain amount of porridge I can eat and I need quick and simple breakfasts!

Was it your post I read you had tried cinnamon toasties or something like that? What did they do to your levels. There is only a certain amount of porridge I can eat and I need quick and simple breakfasts!
Yeah kingsmill cinnamon and raisin they are just under 27g carbs per toastie if I remember rightly they didn't really effect me at all really, I was getting fed up with plain greek yoghurt so friday and saturday morning I had cocoa mixed in with it and this morning I had Skyr yoghurt with honey with my granola x

Honey'd out today but OMG was lush 🙂
Today
B - 40g honey granola, 110g skyr with honey (with surprising results I thought it would go dreadfully wrong) up of coffee,milk
D - fried egg with some mayo on 2 slices 50/50
2:20ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, 2 squares lindt 90% and a dry ryvita (was sitting at 4.1)
T - 3 lincolnshire sausages, 2 yorkshire puddings, 80g cauliflower, 80g broccoli and some gravy (OH had no veg tonight as he hates both)
Currently - away to have another coffee 🙂 x

I admit my BG was up at 8.5 on waking yesterday after eating late. BUT every cloud has a silver lining. Last night Turkish Kebab Salad, up this morning BG at 6.8 so I had Eggs and Lean Bacon. Lunch a piece of Pollock caught by my own hand off Weymouth on Friday. Sauce mad of Cheese, Ginger, Dill, Shallots and Lactose Free Cream and Turmeric. Not checked BG since before Lunch at 2pm yet but "optimistic!"

Yesterday.
B: 1 slice of toast
L: 2 hot & spicy chicken wings from the hot counter at Tesco
D: Chicken Jalfrezi, chicken pakoras, Bulgar Wheat & 2 poppadoms (all from Aldi)
Pud: 2 Green & Blacks chocolates from a mixed pack of minis.

Yesterday
B - peanut butter on Burgen toast, muller light yoghurt
L - Plain omelette
D - cheese & Ham Salad
Night snacks - pork scratchings, tunnocks dark chocolate tea cake, Brazil nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back