What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday
B - porridge
L - (popped to the brewery) grilled halloumi with peppers and onions and a pig in blanket
D - homemade chili with a spoon of rice
Snacks - packet of hula hoops

I can't post my menus for Friday and Saturday. My food addiction got the better of me. Feel so ill now. :( I couldn't even tell you why I did it. No wonder I'm on that course with a view to bariatric. :confused: I will start again tomorrow, a clean slate. Can't even blame it on being hungry. You're not hungry on low carb. Agh. Too scared to take my BG.
Don't worry ditto its OK we all stray off the path sometimes and I know I certainly do x today is a new day x 🙂

Yesterday :
B..Two slices toast with peanut butter
A Costa latte
L. Chicken breast salad coleslaw
Four squares of chocologic
D. One med jacket spud with cheese coleslaw and the remaining salad followed by a yogurt
One pack of cathedral city cheddars

Yesterday
Peanut butter on toast
Parmesan chicken and roasted Mediterranean veg
Tiger baguette and cheese with red wine (paying for it this morning 😎)

Yesterday.
B: 2 slices of Burgen toasted with scrambled egg mixed with chopped up bacon
L: 2 pints of real ale.😳
D: Pheasant stew with broccoli & cabbage
Pud: Low carb chocolate cake & cream

Yesterday
B: asleep
L: Left over Okra and mushroom bhajis!
D: Chicken in a chilli & chorizo tomato sauce with 7 home made sweet potato wedges
Snack : 1/2 packet of crisps, handful of nuts and 2 glasses of wine.

yesterday
boiled egg & slice of protein bread, mayonnaise
multi-grain porridge with unsweetened roasted almond milk
PLAIN SCONE with butter (crafts show for the local Rurals, Damn those ladies with scones that melt in your mouth!)
neeps, broccoli, slice of beef (trying to make up for that scone!)
a square of Lindt 90% chocolate.

I can't post my menus for Friday and Saturday. My food addiction got the better of me. Feel so ill now. :( I couldn't even tell you why I did it. No wonder I'm on that course with a view to bariatric. :confused: I will start again tomorrow, a clean slate. Can't even blame it on being hungry. You're not hungry on low carb. Agh. Too scared to take my BG.
I low carb but I still get hungry if I don't eat regularly enough beside sometimes you just "fancy" something. I ate some vegan Marshmallows because I wanted a sugary treat! So good and first time in 3 months so I'm not going to beat myself up over it and neither should you.

It may actually be helpful to post you Friday & Saturday's food up here to remind you of what you don't want to eat again two days on the trot. There is no shame in it, most people have a love/hate relationship with food and drink.

I find not matter what my mood I get very stressed now supermarket shopping. It's the constant check labels, hunt for food I can just grab or take for lunch in work and the temptation of the gorgeous cakes! I love cakes! I find I'm better going with a shopping list I've built up over couple of days but I just can't be arsed to do it all the time because I can be a lazy s0d!

Just tested after a decent breakfast (high meat sausage sandwich with ketchup), coffee with milk and it's dropped from 7.6 to 6.3. Damm dawn phenomenon! 🙄

I low carb but I still get hungry if I don't eat regularly enough beside sometimes you just "fancy" something. I ate some vegan Marshmallows because I wanted a sugary treat! So good and first time in 3 months so I'm not going to beat myself up over it and neither should you.

It may actually be helpful to post you Friday & Saturday's food up here to remind you of what you don't want to eat again two days on the trot. There is no shame in it, most people have a love/hate relationship with food and drink.

I find not matter what my mood I get very stressed now supermarket shopping. It's the constant check labels, hunt for food I can just grab or take for lunch in work and the temptation of the gorgeous cakes! I love cakes! I find I'm better going with a shopping list I've built up over couple of days but I just can't be arsed to do it all the time because I can be a lazy s0d!
Its true I have eaten stuff I "should not" too and today I really really really fancy a Cornish pasty but I haven't eaten any pastry dishes since diagnosis ... I have not given in to this yet ! But did buy myself a vanilla latte which is probs full of sugar ... But hey ho ... I never said I was saintly x

Yesterday Friday 24.02.2017
Waking bgl: 7.1

Breakfast:
Glass warmed boiled water with 1 slice of lemon.

Brunch:
2 hard boiled eggs + 1 slice toasted burgen bread.
Greek yogurt & raspberries
1 cup decaf tea + 2 sweeteners

Eve.meal:
Boil in the bag kippers on bed of baby spinach
2 baby new potatoes
Broccoli
Tblspn Mustard piccalilli
Skyr honey yogurt
Water with meal.
1 cup of decaf tea + 1 sweetener

Glass of warm boiled water before bed

Final bgl: 4.7

Do you only test twice in the day @wirralass.

Br water
coffee and cream x2
Bacon and eggs and protein roll
Lunch homemade tomato soup
Dinner pesto chicken and veg.
Blackberries and cream.
Water with a splash of diluting.

Today
B - 40g honey granola and 125g greek yoghurt
10ish - cup of coffee, milk
D - 2 slices of 50/50 bread, few rashers bacon, 1 fried egg and some mayo
2:30ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, 80g petits pois and some gravy
After t - cup of coffee, milk and a can sugar free irn bru in the last hour after spending an hour and a half in a roasting car :(
(anyone notice I didn't have any chocolate today, didn't I do well lol this won't be a long term thing though :D haha x

Yesterday. Sunday 26.02.2016
Waking bgl: 6.1

Glass warmed boiled water

Brunch: 1 boiled egg, cup decaf tea + 2 sweeteners

Evening meal: Chicken casserole, broccoli
Mandarin yogurt & blueberries
1 Garlic capsule

Cup of decaf tea + 2 sweeteners
6 mini breadsticks
Water throughout the day and evening
Daily meds

Bgl before bed: 4.6
3am bgl: 6.2

Dx T2 April 2016
Diet & exercise only

Last edited:
yesterday
Egg mayo with tomato on a slice of protein bread
Chicken & gravy minimeal and an apple
2 oatcakes and one dairylea triangle
Whole wheat Penne pasta with tinned tomatoes and ratatouille, turnip mash and sweetheart cabbage
2 Nairn's with egg mayo

Breakfast nice omlette with medallion of unsmoked back bacon. Tea. ( I often have with smoked salmon no expense spared here!).
Lunch a salad with cooked chicken and a small apple.
Dinner Cauliflower Cheese (small) cwith a piece of poached white fish.
Plenty to drink during the day Tea and Coffee with Lactose free milk.

BG average for day 6.4

I walk one mile each day around the local Gravel Pit which on average drops my BG to about 5.2. My waking level is averaging 7.1 so dunno whats happening there! Creating my own sugar!

Today
B - 40g honey granola and 125g greek yoghurt
10ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee with 3 teaspoons of double cream (2 in the coffee 1 straight into the mouth lol)
D - 400g pot of cauliflower, kale and black garlic soup, 4 ryvita crackerbreads and 30g pickled onion and chive cheddar (I was STUFFED lol)
2ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee with 3 teaspoons double cream (same way as the first cuppy lol) and 4 squares G&B 85%
T - parmesan chicken breast fillet, 2 yorkies, 80g petits pois and 50g coleslaw
After t - cup of coffee, milk (pfft don't let your mother make a cuppy she makes me a common one lol 🙂)
Total carbs for the day - 85g and it's the day I've felt more full lol 🙂 x

Yesterday
Brunch - scrambled egg, bacon, mushrooms and a croissant
D - Roast chicken, 2 small roasties, cabbage, carrots, brussels
Supper - cheese cake and cream

Yesterday
B...nimble toast marmite
L... Covent garden veg soup one slice of bread
D... I piece of cod with salad
Snacks.. Two ryvitas with a dairylee triangle and a Atkins chic mint bar

Status
Not open for further replies.