What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today
B - porridge with peanut butter
10:30 - cup of coffee milk
D - 2 scrambled eggs with cheese in 2 slices 50/50
2:30ish - cup of coffee, milk and 4 squares g&b 85% (shouldn't have as I had to correct at dinner time but felt so down in the dumps and needed a little pick me up)
T - chicken breast fillet. 2 yorkies, petits pois and some gravy
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

B: Scrambled egg, ham, cheese slice
L: 50g peanuts, small pack of pork scratchings & Atkins choc wafer
D: Chicken & chorizo stew
Pud: 2 dark choc Lindor truffles (only 4.2g carb each)
@Mark Parrott. Dark choc Lindores truffles? Choc truffles? Oh for goodness sake, I'm drooling here 😛 :D You've done it again you big tease!

Yesterday
B - porridge
L - cheese on a toasted lidl protein roll
D - small portion plain pasta, grilled chicken and veg with BBQ sauce. Follow buy 2 lindor dark chocolate truffles.

Yesterday Friday 24.02.2017
Waking bgl: 7.1

Breakfast:
Glass warmed boiled water with 1 slice of lemon.

Brunch:
2 hard boiled eggs + 1 slice toasted burgen bread.
Greek yogurt & raspberries
1 cup decaf tea + 2 sweeteners

Eve.meal:
Boil in the bag kippers on bed of baby spinach
2 baby new potatoes
Broccoli
Tblspn Mustard piccalilli
Skyr honey yogurt
Water with meal.
1 cup of decaf tea + 1 sweetener

Glass of warm boiled water before bed

Final bgl: 4.7

Last edited:
Today
B - 40g honey granola and 125g greek yoghurt (was delicious 🙂)
9:30ish - cup of coffee, milk
D - 2 mission deli wheat and white mini wraps filled with applewood smoked ham and coleslaw
2ish - cup of coffee, milk and 4 squares g&b 85% (really need to get this finished as prefer my Lindt 90%)
T - basa fillet, 1 potato waffle, petits pois and some salad cream oh and a dark chocolate teacake (oops chocolate twice in one day please don't tell haha)
Small vodka & diet coke and a cup of coffee, milk x

I can't post my menus for Friday and Saturday. My food addiction got the better of me. Feel so ill now. :( I couldn't even tell you why I did it. No wonder I'm on that course with a view to bariatric. :confused: I will start again tomorrow, a clean slate. Can't even blame it on being hungry. You're not hungry on low carb. Agh. Too scared to take my BG.

I can't post my menus for Friday and Saturday. My food addiction got the better of me. Feel so ill now. :( I couldn't even tell you why I did it. No wonder I'm on that course with a view to bariatric. :confused: I will start again tomorrow, a clean slate. Can't even blame it on being hungry. You're not hungry on low carb. Agh. Too scared to take my BG.

It was a blip as I said on the other thread Ditto. Don't allow yourself to be de-railed although eating mega low carb all the time must be challenging. You're not overweight enough for bariatric surgery are you? Well not unless you're only 4ft of course! :D

Lol I'm 5 3...nearly 15stones. My top weight is 18stones 3pounds a number of years ago now. I feel just as fat as ever but we were looking at old photos today and falling about...I was so much fatter then. A real blimp! :D I've had two half days of pigging which is better than the last year or two when the bender would have lasted a week or more at least. The D is stopping me really going to town!

It was a blip as I said on the other thread Ditto. Don't allow yourself to be de-railed although eating mega low carb all the time must be challenging. You're not overweight enough for bariatric surgery are you? Well not unless you're only 4ft of course! :D
I think I saw or read that they are using lower thresholds for Diabetics.

At our surgery I think if you're a tad overweight you just have to ask and it's given. My daughter isn't diabetic but is the same weight or more as me and has depression and she went yesterday and they've referred her immediately. It was them wanting me to have it done that gave her the idea.

Tomorrow is a new day 🙂
Good days and bad days, food addiction is very hard to live with, it's not about hunger, more an emotional state. I'm an 'emotional' eater and when stressed/upset find it really hard to control :confused:. You're not alone.

Yesterday my grub allowance was:

B: cappuccino
L: Melton Mowbray pork pie and a tomato
D: local made beef burger, quinoa cooked in beefstock with shallots, sugar snap peas.

I discovered the other day that the local beef, from those hairy beasts you see on Scottish postscards, is high in Omega 3, because they only ever eat grass and clover. How good is that? All the omega 3 rich local fish I eat, and now the beef, must be why my brain is in tip top condition.

There may, of course, be a flaw in this thinking...:confused:

Today
B - porridge with peanut butter
10:30 - cup of coffee milk
D - 2 scrambled eggs with cheese in 2 slices 50/50
2:30ish - cup of coffee, milk and 4 squares g&b 85% (shouldn't have as I had to correct at dinner time but felt so down in the dumps and needed a little pick me up)
T - chicken breast fillet. 2 yorkies, petits pois and some gravy
After t - cup of coffee, milk x
Ah Kaylz, sorry you've been down in the dumps, we all have days like that now & then so understand how you feeel. Hope your spirits are more uplifted today (Sat) can't have your bgls going haywire with stress, take care now Kaylz x

Yesterday
Br coffee with cream no sugar
Lunch bacon and egg plus mushrooms, onions and a protein roll
Dinner pork chop, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts cream and raspberries
Water with a splash of diluting.
Dark Lindt chcocolate the chilli one yum only one block.

Yesterday my grub allowance was:

B: cappuccino
L: Melton Mowbray pork pie and a tomato
D: local made beef burger, quinoa cooked in beefstock with shallots, sugar snap peas.

I discovered the other day that the local beef, from those hairy beasts you see on Scottish postscards, is high in Omega 3, because they only ever eat grass and clover. How good is that? All the omega 3 rich local fish I eat, and now the beef, must be why my brain is in tip top condition.

There may, of course, be a flaw in this thinking...:confused:
How about that, you learn something new every day!
Haven't had one in 20 years...... Man I'm salivating at the thought of one.... Wonder where I can find crumpets in the States? Probably have to make one....
@Martin Canty. I'll send you a couple of packets of crumpets if you want them that bad! I have one toasted now & than topped with either a poached or scrambled egg:D nice with grilled bacon & tomato, cheers, take care

Anyone tried making Yorkshire Pudding with Coconut Flour? Up here in Yorkshire we're very particular about our National dish!!!! 🙄😎
@ianbilly My sister in law is from Yorkshire, she serves Yorkshire pudding with gravy before the main course of roast beef!

. Not tried that milk. Is it vegan ? I don't mind soya milk but only usually have milk in my tea as I don't eat cereal but as my taste buds change might try milk alternative as a drink.

I've only once been that low after food! That's so good but how were you diagnosed if only in the 4s?
No idea! I still wonder today why I was dx D!

@wirralass, 47 mmol/mol (your HbA1c number) is just below what would normally prompt a diagnosis (which would be 48 mmol/mol). As such, I think you need to be vigilant, but please don't become over-anxious. Keep doing what you are doing, it's working well 🙂
Thank you Northerner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back