What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's delights
B: Poached egg, grilled mushrooms and bacon;
L: Ham and creamy coleslaw salad;
D: Squash and spinach croquettes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and a baked seasoned chicken thigh;
S: 80gm strawberries, Greek yogurt.
E: 45mins Aquafit

Squash and spinach croquettes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and a baked seasoned chicken thigh;
Do you have a recipe for the croquettes please?

Do you have a recipe for the croquettes please?
It’s very simple. Roasted squash lightly mashed to keep a little texture. Cooked spinach, all the water squeezed out, mixed with the squash and seasoned to taste, salt pepper and a little nutmeg is what I like. Formed into sausage shapes, rolled in a little flour and very little breadcrumbs then baked for 20 minutes. There’s some carbs in the flour and breadcrumbs. I prefer them that way rather than fried.

Today
B - super nutty granola with semi skimmed milk, mug of coffee
D - chilli chicken breast slices between 2 slices of Hovis best of both, peppermint aero from a multipack
T - pork loin chop with a mustard/mayo coating, baby potatoes, roasted sprouts and a couple of small roast potatoes, pint of Tesco double strength cherries & berries diluting (though they were discontinuing it as was unavailable online but it's reappeared and is now quadruple strength! o_O so Bruce is going to nip to Tesco after work tomorrow as I'm running low)
mug of coffee
xx

It’s very simple. Roasted squash lightly mashed to keep a little texture. Cooked spinach, all the water squeezed out, mixed with the squash and seasoned to taste, salt pepper and a little nutmeg is what I like. Formed into sausage shapes, rolled in a little flour and very little breadcrumbs then baked for 20 minutes. There’s some carbs in the flour and breadcrumbs. I prefer them that way rather than fried.
Those sound really good, I have loads of home grown squashes so will certainly be giving then a try. Might add a bit of cheese into them.

Today
B - super nutty granola with semi skimmed milk, mug of coffee
D - chilli chicken breast slices between 2 slices of Hovis best of both, peppermint aero from a multipack
T - pork loin chop with a mustard/mayo coating, baby potatoes, roasted sprouts and a couple of small roast potatoes, pint of Tesco double strength cherries & berries diluting (though they were discontinuing it as was unavailable online but it's reappeared and is now quadruple strength! o_O so Bruce is going to nip to Tesco after work tomorrow as I'm running low)
mug of coffee
xx
Snap almost re your pork loin chop for your tea tonight - we had tesco pork loin steaks - I'll post the meal tomorrow though.

Monday
B - the usual - 2x rounds of hovis medium white sliced toast, cup of tea with a bit of semi skimmed milk in
L - sandwich - tuna, mayo & cucumber on 2x rounds of hovis medium white sliced bread, 2x 2 finger kit kats, cup of tea with semi skimmed milk in
T - tesco finest lasagne, 2 circular pieces of garlic bread, birthday cake

I'll try that!

Those sound really good, I have loads of home grown squashes so will certainly be giving then a try. Might add a bit of cheese into them.
Cheese is a good idea!

Tuesday
Class this as an "I lost my mind" day... someone slap me!
B - 2 shredded wheat with semi skimmed milk. Caramel coffee.
L - Half a "Turkey and trimmings" sandwich on malted bread, from Tesco (at least I stopped at half!). Tea with s/s milk.
D - homemade slow cooker chicken stew - skinless/boneless thighs, veggie soup mix (only a taster of the veg), and one small dumpling. Black coffee with "light" whitener.
Snack/supper - 4 malted milk biscuits. One Asda crispbread with a little Meridian 100% peanut butter.
BG still a bit high this morning, no surprise there .... sigh

I don't know about yesterday but today is an eating birthday feast

Just had lunch, a huge prawn cocktail. Delicious. 174 calories, 7g carbs.156mg cholesterol.

Anyone know the real truth regarding cholesterol? Does eating cholesterol heavy food cause blood cholesterol to rise or not. Seems there are now conflicting views around the world.

Just about to start making a cake.

Main meal later...chicken made the only way my wife makes them...delicious

And yet next up at 2pm is a chocolate eclair!!!!

Just had lunch, a huge prawn cocktail. Delicious. 174 calories, 7g carbs.156mg cholesterol.

Anyone know the real truth regarding cholesterol? Does eating cholesterol heavy food cause blood cholesterol to rise or not. Seems there are now conflicting views around the world.

Obviously lots of conflicting opinions but https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/fat-and-cholesterol is one of them.
Happy Birthday, enjoy the cake.

I was told that cholesterol levels were mainly the function of the liver, and less about what was eaten. I've just this morning had my diabetic review and asked about cholesterol, as my total cholesterol had risen slightly. I was told my HDL (good cholesterol) was good and that was the important thing.

well yesterday.

breakfast: aplle and blue berry porridge

lunch ham swanwhich, cankers and a banana
between lunch and dinner: couple of glucose tablets as ever so slightly low(3.9) and then a digestive,
dinner rice and chicken with mushrooms peppers and couregetes
evening snack 1 and half digestives(was 11.8 before bed so mayble in that instance the snack was a bit much but checkeded on it a bit later and was 9.1 so not a big deal.

Tuesday
B - my usual 2x rounds of hovis medium white sliced toast
L - sandwich, 1x 2 finger kit kat
T - @Kaylz tesco pork steak casserole, tesco mashed potato, muller corner fruit yogurt

Wednesday
B - crispbread with meridian 100% peanut butter, one rye and quinoa oatcake, cup of tea
L - 2 slices of Nimble toasted and buttered, made into a poached egg and baby spinach sandwich
D - one Asda minted lamb burger and a few sweet potato fried with a spoonful of reduced sugar and salt ketchup. Homemade caramel coffee.
Downfall - strawberry split ice lolly, two packets of baked crisps, two Werther's sugar-free butter candies and one square of 85% dark chocolate.

B: yoghurt, blueberries, scattering All bran
L: homemade, squash, yellow pepper, tomato soup, half slice toast, 1 ryvita, tongue, half pear, half satsuma
D: lamb tray bake, mangetout, broccoli. jelly with fruit and cream.

It can be helpful sometimes to know what sort of things people are eating, as it might give some ideas for a more varied diet. So, I'll start off with what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast - 1 slice buttered Burgen toast (my breakfast every day, I don't like to run with too much in my stomach)

Lunch - two soft-boiled eggs, two slices of buttered Burgen toast soldiers 🙂 Activia yoghurt

Evening meal - home-made spaghetti bolognese and a bounty bar.

I also nibbled on chilli-dusted peanuts through the evening.
Where do you get this burgen bread

Where do you get this burgen bread
Unfortunately, I think it has largely disappeared from most supermarket shelves :( There is an alternative you can find in some places - I buy Vogel bread from the Co-op, which is similar 🙂

Unfortunately, I think it has largely disappeared from most supermarket shelves :( There is an alternative you can find in some places - I buy Vogel bread from the Co-op, which is similar 🙂
I still get mine in Sainsbury's but the supply is more flaky than it used to be, I find the Vogel is olny just edible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back