What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday

B - Nairn's rye and quinoa oatcake. Cup of tea.
L - 2 crispbreads with prawn cheese spread, 2 mini babybel cheese with a spoonful of sweet and juicy sandwich pickle, a sticky toffee skinny crunch bar and a caramel coffee
D - Homemade pork stir fry, using diced lean pork, asda rainbow stir-fry veg, mushrooms, onion, garlic, beansprouts. a packet of "slim noodles" (0.1 carbs for my portion!!!), sesame oil, fresh ginger, chilli flakes and a packet of Blue Dragon Hoisin and garlic stir-fry sauce.,,,,8 carbs all in for my portion.

B: boiled egg, slice toast
L: home made soup, half slice bread, 1 ryvita thin, cheese, pear
D: pork ribs, salad, potato salad. jelly and cream

I still get mine in Sainsbury's but the supply is more flaky than it used to be, I find the Vogel is olny just edible.
I just find the slices are too small - the bread is more dense than Burgen - so it's not great for sandwiches :(

Breakfast: porridge , slice of wholemeal with peanut butter, handful of raspberries and strawberries

Snack: Nuts and some cheese

Lunch: chicken soup, slice of sourdough bread,small pear, small packet of crisps , milka mini bar

Snack : Cereal bar

Dinner: Thin pepperoni pizza

I am aiming to keep my carb intake lower now I'm off the medication.

Diary for today:

B: 1x Heck 97% Sausage, Scrambled Egg, Grilled Mushrooms
L: Homemade Roasted Pumpkin and Chestnut Soup, 80g of mixed berries with fat free greek yoghurt
D: Unstuffed Cabbage and Beef Casserole, green beans
S: 5x Green Olives, 1x square of lindt 85% dark chocolate, Cheddar Cheese

Ex: 3.75k jog

MyFitnessPal has calculated carbs at 86g.

Last edited:
Friday
B - two rye and quinoa oatcakes
L - Slice of Nimble toasted and buttered with a handful of baby spinach, wilted, about 20g of smoked salmon "trimmings" and a poached egg. Then a slice of Nimble toasted and buttered with just a taste of no added sugar strawberry jam, followed by a caramel coffee.
D - Here comes the oopsie - Young's extra large cod fillet in bubbly batter (I did not eat it all mind), 50g of McCain's skin-on fries. Fresh raspberries with double cream. Followed by a very large mug of tea, no sugar.
Snacks - Skinny chocolate crunch bar and a Fibre One peanut butter popcorn bar. Two Dominion sugar free creamy Butterscotch sweets (5.7 carbs and <0.5g sugar for 2) - found by the till in Aldi.

Thursday:
Breakfast: 1 slice Morrison's own Soya and Linseed bread with butter and marmite.
Lunch: Ate at Kota Kai in Porthleven as it was a friend's birthday. I had fish and chips with what they called "mushy peas" which were actually a garden pea puree (this annoys me... proper mushy peas are a joy...). The fish was lovely though. Affogato for dessert (vanilla ice cream with a hot expresso poured over and a measure of Amaretto - delish!).
Dinner: Didn't want anything, so just had 1 slice of the Morrison's bread toasted with 3 slivers of cheddar on it.

Friday:
Brunch: Boiled ham, Italian salami and coleslaw sandwich on the Morrison's bread.
Dinner: Creamy Chicken casserole that had broad beans, peas, green beans and fennel in it with a sprinkling of fresh chilli to serve. Adapted from a Good Food mag recipe for a sausage casserole.

I didn't plan well enough today and MyFitnessPal suggested the amount of carbs in my dinner was much higher than the nutrition facts for the recipe suggested. So today I hit 133g of carbs, my testing strips should arrive tomorrow so I can start tracking the impact of meals like this.

Breakfast: 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt, Flaxseed & Nut mix, Berries
Lunch: Left over Cabbage and Beef Casserole, a few squares of green and black 85% dark chocolate
Dinner: Middle Eastern Chickpea and Chicken Stew
Snacks: 2x 12 grapes, Morrisons Choc & Nut mix 60g.

Saturday
Almost a non-food day with so much going on, but snacked on my rye & quinoa oatcakes throughout the day - and night out, one large packet of quavers, and a cornish pasty and a small hot chocolate when I got home at nearly 1.00am - had "room" for ample carbs!! Steps/dancing gave me an extra 210 calories to play with and there were no carbs in my vodkas and diet cokes.....phew! MyFitnessPal was happy enough with my food diary, so that's cool

B: bacon, egg, mushrooms, slice toast
L: ryvita, 1 sausage, cheese, half apple.
D:roast chicken, squash, broccoli with cheese, baked apple and cream

Today's food log, sub 80g of carbs

Brunch: 1 Sausage, Scrambled Egg, 2 Be Good To Yourself Bacon Rashers, Grilled Tomatoe

Dinner: Thai Pumpkin Curry, Sweet Potato Rice. 11g 85% dark chocolate

Snacks: 12 Grapes, 15g Cheddar Cheese, 2 slices home made low carb bread.

Exercise 7km family walk.

This week I'm planning:

Friday Donor Kebabs (Pinch of Nom)
Yesterday Braised Shin of Beef (Jamie Oliver)
Today Roast Pork, Sprouts, Savoy Cabbage, & Braised Red Cabbage + Millionaires Shortbread for the family
Tomorrow Tomato and Almond Salad with Chargrilled Chorizo (Fresh Start)
Tuesday Salt and Pepper Ribs (Pinch of Nom Web Site)
Wednesday Thai Basil Chicken (Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy)
Thursday Slow Roasted Pork Belly (Jamie Oliver)
Friday Turmeric Chicken Kebab & Green Bean and Lemon Salad (Simply)

Usual breakfast but it was nearer lunchtime of fibre drink followed by a coffee with cream. Creamy Greek style natural yoghurt with 3 chopped strawberries, chopped nuts. mixed seeds, cinnamon and a sprinkle of Super Nutty Granola.

Followed by a taster of some artisan blue cheeses I had bought, that I just couldn't resist.
Packet of pork scratchings.

Evening meal:- Cauliflower and halloumi curry followed by a selection of cheeses including more blue with a Cox's apple and a small glass of port.

Sunday
L - Wholemeal and Rye bagel thin, topped with cream cheese and smoked salmon trimmings. 7 raspberries and two black grapes with a little double cream. Caramel coffee
D - One minted lamb leg steak, baked. Baby potatoes, cooked then finished off in oven, some rustic chunky roasting veggies, broccoli, cauliflower and a little gravy.
Snacks - rye and quinoa oatcakes, skinny chocolate crunch bar, two fingers of dark KitKat and a packet of baked crisps - went to minus 1 on my fat count. Could have been worse!!! :confused:

Monday
Bit of an oopsie day...

L - Chicken and bacon malted bread sandwich (didn't eat it all) and a hot chocolate in Ikea - currently no hot food until after Christmas, sigh
D - Two 97% Heck pork sausages (GF and DF), mix of leftover cauli and broccoli made into mash, with a dash of cream, pinch of grated mozzarella and black pepper, and some mixed green veg from a steam bag. Sausages were okay, but think I'll stick with my usual in future.
Snacks - Skinny crunch chocolate orange bar and an Asda summer berries cereal bar. Tea and coffee as per usual.

B: yoghurt, blueberries, scattering granola
L: homemade soup, cheese, ryvita, half apple
D: chilli, salad, slice bread, high protein quark desert and seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back