Yesterday:
B: Egg, grilled bacon and mushrooms
L: Ham and coleslaw salad
D: Pork chop, 2 new potatoes, green vegetable medley, cauliflower

Today:
B: Egg, grilled bacon and mushrooms
L: Corned beef salad
D: Turkey sausages, cauliflower hash browns, Brussels sprouts, red cabbage

B. Fibre drink followed by coffee with cream.

L. Pork casserole with half a medium sized baked potato.

D. Cauliflower and halloumi curry. (Edited to add, no rice but it did contain a few chick peas) Chunk of Blue Stilton with a small glass of port.

Last edited:
Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with almond milk
Lunch : Tuscan Chicken Soup
Dinner : Haggis swede/carrot mash and kale.
Washed down with 3 glasses of malbec
Snack : pistachio nuts.

Today.... lest I forget!

B. Fibre drink followed by a coffee with cream. Creamy Greek style natural yoghurt with 12 fresh rapsberries, mixed seeds, chopped nuts, cinnamon and a sprinkle of Super Nutty Granola.

No lunch as breakfast was late. Well I might have had a couple of small chunks of Blue stilton.

D. Tub of chargrilled artichokes.... Ages since I've had artichokes and forgot just how much I absolutely love them. Was really lucky to get the only tub left in Lidl.... not seen them there before... and they were reduced! Win win! :D Oh gosh they are heavenly and just 4g/100g carbs!
Now having roasted marrow, butternut squash and sweet potato with minted lamb steak washed down with a spiced rum and diet coke. I'm in food heaven!

I have followed up the above menu with some sour cherries and more Greek style natural yoghurt with seeds and chopped nuts and cinnamon, because, unlike last night when I needed excessive amounts of insulin for not many carbs and still ended up high, tonight I am running low and needing a carb top up to get me out of the red. No rhyme or reason to my levels the last few days. Feeling a bit frustrated about that but at least I am eating good wholesome food and really enjoying it! 🙂

@travellor My mouth waters at the duck rillettes. I adore rillettes and like to make them when we have tins of confit de canard we bring home from France. Unfortunately our last two planned trips were cancelled during lockdown, so no tinned duck left.

Yesterday:
Brunch: shared a crispy duck leg with spring onions, cucumber, hoisin sauce and pancakes. A cup of cauli and stilton soup and half a slice of bread.
Dinner: sausages, mash made from half potato and half cauli, green beans. 4 pieces Terrys white chocolate orange. Glass red wine.
Just on the way back.
I have at least a kilo in the boot

Just on the way back.
I have at least a kilo in the boot
Of rillettes? Hope they don’t get too hot! I remember coming home from France absolutely laden with food, booze and household goods (this was before you could bring back virtually anything you wanted). The car had been parked for a while in the sun before boarding the ferry. UK customs officer requested we open the boot so they could search... we opened it.... the stink of ripe French cheese jumped out. The customs officer pulled a face, gave up the idea of searching us and said “close it... you are cleared”. So we paid no duty on all the wine.

Yesterday:
Breakfast: small bowl of yoghurt with half a pear and greek yoghurt.
Lunch in town (after discovering that nearly every restaurant/pub and cafe were closed for annual holidays) overpriced Pea and herb risotto in a restaurant where practically everything else on the menu was “sold out”... nasty affect on BGs all afternoon.
Dinner: Turkey breast wrapped in bacon. Left-over mash, gravy, sprouts fried with diced chorizo, green beans. 4 pieces Terrys white choc orange.

B: bacon, egg, mushrooms, slice toast
L: homemade soup, pate, cheese. ryvita thin. satsuma
D: mousakka, courgette, strawberries and cream

Yesterday
B - my usual 2x rounds of hovis medium white sliced toast
L - salmon & cucumber sandwich on 2x rounds of hovis medium white sliced bread, batchelors cup a soup asparagus flavour, 1x 2 finger kit kat
T - tesco cumberland pie

This week I'm planning:

Saturday Rib-eye Steak with Salsa Verde (Fresh Start), Asparagus and Tenderstem Broccoli
Yesterday Roast Beef, Sprouts, Carrots, & Buttered Savoy Cabbage (Mash, Yorkshire Puddings and Victoria Sponge for the family)
Today Cock & Bull (Pinch of Nom)
Tomorrow Porky Bolognese (Dopamine Diet)
Wednesday Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy)
Thursday Spicy Chilli with Green Beans (Dopamine Diet)
Friday Donor Kebabs (Pinch of Nom)

This week I'm planning:

Saturday Rib-eye Steak with Salsa Verde (Fresh Start), Asparagus and Tenderstem Broccoli
Yesterday Roast Beef, Sprouts, Carrots, & Buttered Savoy Cabbage (Mash, Yorkshire Puddings and Victoria Sponge for the family)
Today Cock & Bull (Pinch of Nom)
Tomorrow Porky Bolognese (Dopamine Diet)
Wednesday Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy)
Thursday Spicy Chilli with Green Beans (Dopamine Diet)
Friday Donor Kebabs (Pinch of Nom)
What on earth is Cock and Bull? The mind boggles @adrian1der Nonetheless your meals sound lovely and very interesting.

Yesterday:
Brunch: Fried up (cooked) new potatoes, streaky bacon and a fried egg. Half slice SS bread.
Dinner: Ham hock and gravy, roast potatoes, sprouts, roast festival squash. Blueberry and lemon brioche souffle pudding (posh bread and butter pud made with sliced brioche rolls, lemon curd and blueberries).

B. Fibre drink followed by coffee with cream. Greek style natural yoghurt with fresh raspberries, mixed seeds, chopped nuts, dusting of cinnamon and a sprinkle of Super Nutty Granola.

No lunch but may have had some chunks of cheese (Blue Stilton and Mature Cheddar) with another cup of coffee wit cream.

D. Lidl Spicy Mango chicken salad with a drizzle of balsamic and a crumbling of Stilton followed by a whole tub of mixed olives with Feta and then a quite large Cox's apple (crunchy and slightly under ripe just how I like them).

What on earth is Cock and Bull? The mind boggles @adrian1der Nonetheless your meals sound lovely and very interesting.

Yesterday:
Brunch: Fried up (cooked) new potatoes, streaky bacon and a fried egg. Half slice SS bread.
Dinner: Ham hock and gravy, roast potatoes, sprouts, roast festival squash. Blueberry and lemon brioche souffle pudding (posh bread and butter pud made with sliced brioche rolls, lemon curd and blueberries).
A stew made with chicken (the cock) and beef (the bull)

B: bacon, tomato, scrambled egg, slice toast
L: homemade soup, pate, cheese, pickled cucumber, ryvita, half pear
D: mousaka, tomato, cucumber, beetroot, baked apple and cream

Sunday (I pushed Saturday into oblivion)
B - 2 Nairn's cheesy oatcakes and a cuppa
Lunch - 2 mini Babybels, a couple of teaspoons of sweet and juicy sandwich pickle, a fig roll and a caramel coffee.
D - I barely ate half of this roast dinner - a little Iceland stuffed chicken breast, a little gravy, half a roast potato, 6 brussel spouts and a couple of pieces of courgette fried in butter with a slice of lemon and garlic pepper, but I did eat the small yorkshire pudding. Then I had 3 strawberries with a couple of tablespoons of greek style yoghurt.
But then I had some naughty snacks later .... took me over the fat limit and too much sugar (though still below the set limit), but carbs still okay just.

Sunday
B - the usual 2x rounds of hovis medium white sliced toast
L - Sandwich - tuna, mayo, cucumber and also had a bit of salad - I had lunch out at a cafe in Scarborough
T - Chinese takeaway - chicken fried rice, some of hubby's birthday cake
20211107_202344.jpg

Monday
L - 2 egg omelette with some onion, garlic, baby spinach and corned beef and a scattering of mixed herbs. Caramel coffee.
D - Cooked up some lean minced steak with onion, smoked garlic, red pepper, mushroom, beef stock pot and some herbs, mashed up some cauliflower and added last of grated mozzarella, popped that on top and into the oven to finish off. Did normal mash and cheddar for hubby's version and did pasta shells for our son topped with grated cheddar - all in oven to finish off, plus they had carrots and peas. I only ate half of mine before being full.

I did have a few malted milk biscuits and a Graze lemon drizzle wow bar, plus one Werther's sugar-free butter candy sweets throughout the evening, with some cups of tea....but I did go over my 2000 steps AND gained 100 calories from 13.5 mins on exercise bike, but then MyFitnessApp said I'm not eating enough - but when I'm full, I'm full!

Monday... another day that should be written off! Over the last couple of weeks there has been far too much deviating from my normal healthy way of eating with a light lunch and a proper cooked meal in the evenings.

Brunch: cooked meats, parma ham, bresaola, Italian salami. Various cheeses, Gorgonzola, white Stilton, cheddar with some slices of Morrison’s “The Best” crusty baton.

Afternoon: to celebrate a friend’s birthday a group of us went on a tour of a local distillery that produces award-winning Cornish gin. They also make apple brandy, whisky and Absinthe. After the tour and talk there was an extensive tasting session of the various flavoured gins and other products, which I think was probably the reason the friend chose this activity! To round off the afternoon we repaired to the local pub for cake and wine.

I spent most of the evening snoozing on the sofa and totally failed to produce the cooked dinner I’d done all the prep for before we went out. So, Turkey, tomato and lettuce sandwiches for a somewhat late dinner.

This has to stop!

B: yoghurt, blueberries, strawberries and All Bran
L: tinned mackerel, cucumber, slice toast, cheese, half pear, satsuma
D: chicken and veg curry, tomatoes and cucumber, half roll instead of the gem squash which exploded in the microwave. high protein yoghurt and seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back