What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dry fried egg, sausage patty, on pitta bread. (Finished the loaf day before)
Scotch pie
Freshly stuffed trout on the bone, sweet potato mash, veg, hollandaise sauce and salad.

Brunch: sirloin steak (6 oz) and green salad, Dinner: 3 oz mixed almonds and walnuts.

Breakfast, sausage and egg (again)
Skipped lunch
Dinner, (leftover) trout fishcakes, made with chilli, onion, garlic, blended chickpeas and butter beans, dipped in breadcrumbs, with rice, sugar snap peas and green salad, followed by cheese and biscuits.

Breakfast, sausage and egg (again)
Skipped lunch
Dinner, (leftover) trout fishcakes, made with chilli, onion, garlic, blended chickpeas and butter beans, dipped in breadcrumbs, with rice, sugar snap peas and green salad, followed by cheese and biscuits.
Those fish cakes sound good!!

Brunch: sirloin steak (6 oz) and green salad, Dinner: 3 oz mixed almonds and walnuts.
Was that all you had all day?
How many calories / carbs did that work out as?

Monday
Brunch: home made cauli and stilton soup.
Dinner: Lemon and ginger stir fried chicken. Spring onions, sugar snap peas, red, orange and yellow peppers and a courgette all stir fried with a dash of soy sauce.

Tuesday
Breakfast: 1 slice scandalously seeded bread toasted. It’s nowhere near as seedy as Burgen.
Lunch: entertaining friends.
Starter: spicy lemon and garlic prawns
Main: Asian duck salad. Sliced Duck breasts, rocket, pea shoots, caramellised pecans, pomegranate seeds, asparagus, green beans, spring onions, served with a soy, ginger and honey dressing. Buttered new potatoes on the side.
Dessert: chocolate fondants. New “fail safe” recipe from Good Food magazine. Worked perfectly.
Cheese: cheddar, stilton and very ripe camembert, served with dates, mixed grapes and oat biscuits.
Coffee and Lindt d’Or choccies.

Didn’t bother with dinner!

steak; 302cals, 0g carbs; green salad 13 cals, 3 carbs; nuts 561 k, 6.5 carbs according to Carb and calories counter book.

yesterday - 150g haddock (112.5cals 0 carb)+15g butter (112 cals,0 carb). 500 g of fage yoghurt: (270 cals 15carbs); 20g almonds (132 cals 2 carbs).

yesterday - 150g haddock (112.5cals 0 carb)+15g butter (112 cals,0 carb). 500 g of fage yoghurt: (270 cals 15carbs); 20g almonds (132 cals 2 carbs).
You certainly are going very very low carb, are you seeing good blood glucose levels?
Are you also having any vegetables?

Those fish cakes sound good!!
They were.
I got into using chickpeas and beans instead of flour when I was first diagnosed, as they were low GI and didn't spike me.
I like the taste, I can do a mean white or normal chocolate fudge cake out of a tin of chickpeas, or black beans, respectively, and I still avoid white flour even now where I can.

You certainly are going very very low carb, are you seeing good blood glucose levels?
Are you also having any vegetables?
BG levels are pretty good altho' a bit disrupted after my pfizer booster. Last 3 HbA1Cs have been below diabetic and 2 below pre- diabetic. I do eat vegetables - green salads, spinach, broccoli, cababge, kale, mushrooms even bean sprouts and peppers if I have a stir fry. I eat quite a few nuts for the Omega 3 oils contained.Maintainance of weight for me would be 1800 cals and loss 1500 - so have to limit nut indulgence. Carbs above 20g are more than I can cope with and a high carb day (say 30-40) will hang over for 2-3 days.

BG levels are pretty good altho' a bit disrupted after my pfizer booster. Last 3 HbA1Cs have been below diabetic and 2 below pre- diabetic. I do eat vegetables - green salads, spinach, broccoli, cababge, kale, mushrooms even bean sprouts and peppers if I have a stir fry. I eat quite a few nuts for the Omega 3 oils contained.Maintainance of weight for me would be 1800 cals and loss 1500 - so have to limit nut indulgence. Carbs above 20g are more than I can cope with and a high carb day (say 30-40) will hang over for 2-3 days.
Good for you if that is a regime you feel is sustainable. Brilliant to have those HbA1C results.

Good for you if that is a regime you feel is sustainable. Brilliant to have those HbA1C results.
It is more sustainable than the alternative. I already have heart failure, AF, COPD and palindromic arthritis for which I take steroids. Until recently I had high blood pressure and without steroids I am very disabled. The last thing I need on top of that lot is active diabetes damage. It means no stollen, chrismas cake, mince pies, roast potatoes etc so it isn't desirable but "needs must when the Devil drives".

It is more sustainable than the alternative. I already have heart failure, AF, COPD and palindromic arthritis for which I take steroids. Until recently I had high blood pressure and without steroids I am very disabled. The last thing I need on top of that lot is active diabetes damage. It means no stollen, chrismas cake, mince pies, roast potatoes etc so it isn't desirable but "needs must when the Devil drives".
Oh wow, a lot going on - sounds like you're doing what you can to manage a lot of complicated conditions! I hope you have a lot of support around you.

Had eggs and bacon for breakfast
Tuna with mayonnaise and onions on top of a slice of bread with tomatoes for lunch. Added a bag of crisps from a multi pack.
Two satsumas.
Carrot and Parsnip soup last night then berries with Greek yoghurt.

Total carbs yesterday 69g
Total cals 1200 or so which is lower than usual.

BG 8.5 at bedtime
Fasting glucose this morning 6.9

B: bacon and egg, slice toast
L: tuna pate, cucumber, ryvita thins, brie, half pear,
D: halloumi and pepper fajitas, squash, kale. Cherries and cream

Ohhhh we splashed out on some M&S slow cooked pulled Teriyaki beef with some green beans and peas. Ok only 100g of the meat. 212 cals and 11.3g carbs all in.

Bit of a messy presentation. I was rushing to eat it before it got cold.

It was delicious

P1120993.jpg

Usual breakfast of fibre drink, coffee with cream, creamy Greek yoghurt with sour cherries (approx. 10), mixed seeds, chopped nuts, cinnamon and a sprinkle of Nutty Granola
Might have had a second cup of coffee with cream at 11ish 😎 and a chunk of cheese (local artisan blue)

No lunch

Dinner was late (like.... well after 9pm late 😳 )..
A whole tub of olives with Feta with rather too many rum and diet cokes 🙂eek: Bad girl!) whilst I was cooking and tidying up the kitchen. 2 minted lamb steaks (they were quite small and I didn't have any lunch or dinner yesterday.... my excuse for over indulging) with ratatouille. Yum!

Total carbs for the day about 60-70g

Saturday:
Brunch: Corned beef hash (made with new potatoes, mushrooms and red onion) with a fried egg.
Dinner: Stir fried prawns and veg with a hoi-sin type sauce cooked from scratch, small portion egg noodles. White wine.

Sunday:
Breakfast: 2 thin slices of toast cut from a Morrison's Spelt, wheat and rye loaf. Butter and Marmite.

Late Lunch: We were entertained by friends - 6 of us had nibbles on the terrace were some sardine thingies on little flatbreads (I didn't have any) plus puff pastry whirls filled with peanut butter. I had 2.
Indoors (it started to rain) Scallops with bacon, followed by crab tart, asparagus, roast carrot, Cheesy potatoes (similar to dauphinoise). Pudding was a lemon tart with raspberries and clotted cream. I had a little portion of everything.
Followed by cheese and port, then coffee and chocolate mints. Whatever I did with my insulin (3 separate doses) I managed not to go higher than 7.9 so I guess it was a success, it was certainly all a lovely treat!

Got home at 8pm. No more food for me tonight!
What did you use to make your own hoisin sauce? I'd love a low carb replacement for that as it's my fave stir fry sauce.

What did you use to make your own hoisin sauce? I'd love a low carb replacement for that as it's my fave stir fry sauce.
Oh, it was a bit of hoi-sin sauce from the local Chinese shop mixed with fish sauce and light soy. So not exactly from scratch. Sorry, didn't mean to mislead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back