What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday
L - 2 slices toasted Nimble with smooth almond nut butter and a little no added sugar jam, plus a hot chocolate drink.
D - Tray bake meal of 3 chicken wings, orange and green pepper, onion and last of the mushrooms, with some chinese style rice. Followed by greek style vanilla yoghurt and 3 strawberries, plus some chia seeds added in.
Snacks - skinny crunch, pea snacks - cheese, 2 Werther's s/f butter candies, 4 Brevita cocoa/choc breakfast biscuits.

Just 'found' M&S ready to eat Christmas Chestnuts (well, my wife did) from the store. Absolutely scrummy. Heated slightly in the microwave 30 seconds at 30% and they are perfect. Way better than exploding, burning oven cooked fresh ones which I used to do every year. I always got my fingers burned trying to get the shell off. A sort of tradition!!! The M&S ones, of course are ready peeled and succulent.

Just 'found' M&S ready to eat Christmas Chestnuts (well, my wife did) from the store. Absolutely scrummy. Heated slightly in the microwave 30 seconds at 30% and they are perfect. Way better than exploding, burning oven cooked fresh ones which I used to do every year. I always got my fingers burned trying to get the shell off. A sort of tradition!!! The M&S ones, of course are ready peeled and succulent.
Might just have to go there to get some for hubby, think he is already fed up cleaning the microwave after another explosion!! :D Mind you he did say he was getting fed up eating them yesterday ....

Sunday
L - 4 Belvita breakfast biscuits cocoa and choc chip - slow release carbs, tasty and filling
D - Roast pork loin. 3 roasties, little cauliflower cheese, carrot & swede mash (homemade, nothing added), fresh brussel sprouts, sage & onion stuffing (with rolled oats added), small yorkshire pudding and onion gravy.
Snacks - 2 fingers dark choc KitKat and a packet of cheese & onion baked crisps.
One hot chocolate drink without any trimmings, two large coffees in an insulated holder (keeps hot and lasts me ages).

This week's menus:

Saturday Red-wine Braised Lamb Neck, Cavolo Nero, & Celeriac Mash
Sunday Roast Beef, Buttered Savoy Cabbage, Sprouts, & Runner Beans
Yesterday Chicken Shaslik (Pinch of Nom Quick and Easy) & Kan Shao Green Beans (Encyclopaedia of Asian Cooking)
Tonight Pork Chops, Onion Gratin (Both Jamie Oliver Recipes) & Celeriac Purée
Tomorrow Jerk Chicken (Loose Weight for Good)
Thursday Cumberland Sausage (Dopamine Diet)
Friday Garlic & Lime Balti (Pinch of Nom Everyday Light)

B: full fat Greek yoghurt, berries, scattering All Bran
L: homemade soup, cheese, piece tongue, half piece toast, 2 poppy crackers. half apple
D: mushroom omelette, salad, half slice bread, berries and half Kvarg desert.

@adrian1der can I move into your house please? Yummy food with no effort on my part!

Saturday:
Brunch: Bacon and fried egg sandwich on seeded bread
Dinner: Leftover chicken curry with red lentil dahl.

Sunday:
Breakfast: 1 slice seeded toast.
Lunch: In the local pub with friends... fish and chips followed by a plate of little "treats".
Supper: 1 slice toast.

Monday:
Brunch: Home made carrot and ginger soup with 2 slices SS bread
Dinner: Rump steak, small jacket potato, cheesy garlic mushrooms, peas.

@adrian1der can I move into your house please? Yummy food with no effort on my part!
I'll up the bidding and offer to wash up for an invite.... maybe even clean the cooker if you already have a dishwasher, which I imagine you do.

Ironically I have been working very hard on a food related project the last few weeks and as a result my own food intake has been erratic to say the least.
The last two days I have been mostly eating Stollen for every meal. Which is not great but not awful either because it is home made and keto so very low carb and high fibre, fat and protein and I've been staying under 20g carbs a day.
Yesterday I had my booster jab and had scrambled eggs and a small piece of stollen for breakfast with mineral water to drink.
Then I had belly pork and mushrooms for my second meal of the day and before bed I had a small amount of mozzarella and two tiny nibbles of my husband's chocolate biscuit.

Today I have had scrambled eggs and two inch cubes of cheddar cheese and three paracetamol. I am feeling a bit ropy after peopling yesterday at the vaccination centre and I suppose the booster has also had an effect. I am drinking lots of tea and water. Before the scrambled eggs my reading was 6.8mmol/L and afterwards it was 5.4mmol/L

I am not up to cooking right now so I will probably be mostly eating cheese and ham for the next few days and bits of tomato and cucumber.

Monday
B - Belvita breakfast biscuits milk & cereals
L - KFC snack box of popcorn chicken, skin-on fries and some mayo - though son ate most of my fries and helped with the chicken too lol Then had a Graze lemon blueberry superfood oat boosts bar thingamajig
D - two slices of buttered Nimble toast with a broccoli & cauliflower cup a soup. Skinny crunch peanut butter bar.
Supper - Belvita breakfast biscuits milk & cereals

Tuesday
B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
L - 2 slices of Morrisons calorie counted wholemeal Danish (only 1 carb more than Nimble, but a larger slice), French garlic sausage and coleslaw
D - small tin of red salmon, 5 potato crunchies with bacon, a hard boiled egg, green salad, coleslaw and a portion of mayo. 6 small cocktail sausage rolls, The last of the vanilla greek style yoghurt with two large chopped strawberries and some chia seeds.
I think I might have had a mini mature cheddar cheese stick too, as a snack, but it isn't logged.

Tuesday
B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
L - 2 slices of Morrisons calorie counted wholemeal Danish (only 1 carb more than Nimble, but a larger slice), French garlic sausage and coleslaw
D - small tin of red salmon, 5 potato crunchies with bacon, a hard boiled egg, green salad, coleslaw and a portion of mayo. 6 small cocktail sausage rolls, The last of the vanilla greek style yoghurt with two large chopped strawberries and some chia seeds.
I think I might have had a mini mature cheddar cheese stick too, as a snack, but it isn't logged.
Although the Brevita Breakfast Biscuits say it is slowly digestible carbohydrate, they are still 30g carb per Biscuit.
Are you testing to make sure they are OK for you.

Although the Brevita Breakfast Biscuits say it is slowly digestible carbohydrate, they are still 30g carb per Biscuit.
Are you testing to make sure they are OK for you.

Must admit, I did wonder about those being mentioned so frequently, but hadn't bothered to check the carb content myself. 30g carbs each is a pretty high carb breakfast (ie 60g) if @janw is having 2 of them, especially if also having ,milk and cereal as the previous day's log suggests.

Must admit, I did wonder about those being mentioned so frequently, but hadn't bothered to check the carb content myself. 30g carbs each is a pretty high carb breakfast (ie 60g) if @janw is having 2 of them, especially if also having ,milk and cereal as the previous day's log suggests.
Yes, a few days ago Janw mentioned having 4 for lunch

Just did some research and I am guessing they come in packs of 4 from what I can see and 4 biscuits would be 30g carbs and the Milk and cereals is the product name not extra food.....
So 30g total carbs for breakfast is not too bad if you are going for top end of low carb intake.

Just did some research and I am guessing they come in packs of 4 from what I can see and 4 biscuits would be 30g carbs and the Milk and cereals is the product name not extra food.....
So 30g total carbs for breakfast is not too bad if you are going for top end of low carb intake.
OK that's not too bad then, I looked at 66g per 100g and it said each biscuit was 45g but that might then have meant the pack of 4. My misinterpretation, aploogies.

OK that's not too bad then, I looked at 66g per 100g and it said each biscuit was 45g but that might then have meant the pack of 4. My misinterpretation, aploogies.
That was my first understanding but then I saw something which said serving size was 11.5g in weight and then I found another product which mentioned packs of 4 biscuits so put that all together. They don't make it at all easy for you to get the right information though do they!

yes the packaging is confusing, I had to re-read it a few times myself. Yes Milk & Cereal is one of the types from Belvita, as is the cocoa and choc chip, there's at least one other they do but I can't remember what they are - ooh I think one mentioned honey - they had a selection in B&Ms, plus a lot of other "skinny" products. I had the pack of 4 yesterday morning and was fine, kept me full until I got home for a late lunch too - and I wasn't looking for snacks either. Toast and peanut butter (100%) today, just for a change 🙂

Wednesday
B - Morrisons calorie controlled wholemeal danish, 2 slices toasted, with Meridian smooth 100% peanut butter
L - Mixed herb chicken breast slices and a mature cheddar cheese stick
D - 2 lamb chops (main fat removed), boiled baby potatoes, broccoli and baby corn
Snacks - hmm - think I'll take the 5th on that one! lol

Thursday
B - Belvita "milk & cereals" breakfast biscuits
L - 2 crispbreads with low fat cottage cheese and pineapple. Skinny chocolate crunch bar
D - Pasta shells (small amount) with tinned stewed steak. 3 chopped strawberries with chia seeds and Elmlea light double cream
Snack - Mini cheese mature cheddar. 2 fingers dark choc KitKat. Packet of Cheetos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back