What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday
Brunch: Leftovers from Sun night. 1 small slice Chicken, 2 roasties and 3 spears asparagus with gravy.
Dinner: 2 x chipolatas (0.5g carb each) with more leftover chicken gravy and "squashed" new potatoes (cooked new potatoes on a baking sheet, crush them, brush them with oil and pop them in the oven for 15 mins until they have crispy edges), sprouting broccoli and peas. Plum and apple pie with creme fraiche.

Tuesday
Brunch: Corned beef hash using the other half of the tin of corned beef from the other day and a fried egg. I can tolerate potatoes at most times of the day.
Dinner: "Gnocchi bake". Lidl Gnocchi off the chilled counter filled with pesto. Chicken, onions and mushrooms fried with garlic and thyme sprigs, stir in 2 tbs plain flour and then 150ml full cream milk and 150ml double cream, stir until thickened. Add in any old diced bits of cheese that need using up. I used a heel of Stilton, a lump of Gorgonzola, over-ripe Brie and some rather stinky camembert. Boil Gnocchi in water and drain before putting into a baking dish. Add a bag of spinach that's been wilted to the creamy sauce and then tip everything into a baking dish and I topped it with more bits of cheese and some grated cheddar. Bake until golden. Very yummy, serves 4 and around 35g carb.. For a T1 you need to remember it creates the "pizza effect" i.e. all that cheese slows absorption a lot! Can't comment on how T2s would react though the "pizza effect" may help!

Wednesday:
Brunch: Tuna sandwich on 2 slices Scandalously seeded bread with chopped spring onions, mayo and cucumber.
Dinner: Remains of the Gnocchi bake. @rebrascora, I take your point as mentioned in the waking thread. I will not avoid this bake, I will experiment further with dosing!

Today: Breakfast: 1 slice SS toast.
Lunch at a friend's house: Small bowl spinach soup with large slice garlic bread, smoked trout with a lovely creme fraiche and dill dip. 2 x mini blinis. Lettuce salad. Cheese platter with various cheeses, chutneys and some sourdough bread. Lidl Tiramisu. Small glass of white wine + coffee. Forgot to take phone out with me and was totally lost without checking, but when I got home I had apparently hit 17mmol+ about 4pm!!! Eeeek.

Dinner will be sirloin steak and a jacket potato (Hubby didn't come for lunch as it was a girl's do, so he needs feeding) I probably shan't eat much and I shall have to sort out some veg to go with this.

Monday
Brunch: Leftovers from Sun night. 1 small slice Chicken, 2 roasties and 3 spears asparagus with gravy.
Dinner: 2 x chipolatas (0.5g carb each) with more leftover chicken gravy and "squashed" new potatoes (cooked new potatoes on a baking sheet, crush them, brush them with oil and pop them in the oven for 15 mins until they have crispy edges), sprouting broccoli and peas. Plum and apple pie with creme fraiche.

Tuesday
Brunch: Corned beef hash using the other half of the tin of corned beef from the other day and a fried egg. I can tolerate potatoes at most times of the day.
Dinner: "Gnocchi bake". Lidl Gnocchi off the chilled counter filled with pesto. Chicken, onions and mushrooms fried with garlic and thyme sprigs, stir in 2 tbs plain flour and then 150ml full cream milk and 150ml double cream, stir until thickened. Add in any old diced bits of cheese that need using up. I used a heel of Stilton, a lump of Gorgonzola, over-ripe Brie and some rather stinky camembert. Boil Gnocchi in water and drain before putting into a baking dish. Add a bag of spinach that's been wilted to the creamy sauce and then tip everything into a baking dish and I topped it with more bits of cheese and some grated cheddar. Bake until golden. Very yummy, serves 4 and around 35g carb.. For a T1 you need to remember it creates the "pizza effect" i.e. all that cheese slows absorption a lot! Can't comment on how T2s would react though the "pizza effect" may help!

Wednesday:
Brunch: Tuna sandwich on 2 slices Scandalously seeded bread with chopped spring onions, mayo and cucumber.
Dinner: Remains of the Gnocchi bake. @rebrascora, I take your point as mentioned in the waking thread. I will not avoid this bake, I will experiment further with dosing!

Today: Breakfast: 1 slice SS toast.
Lunch at a friend's house: Small bowl spinach soup with large slice garlic bread, smoked trout with a lovely creme fraiche and dill dip. 2 x mini blinis. Lettuce salad. Cheese platter with various cheeses, chutneys and some sourdough bread. Lidl Tiramisu. Small glass of white wine + coffee. Forgot to take phone out with me and was totally lost without checking, but when I got home I had apparently hit 17mmol+ about 4pm!!! Eeeek.

Dinner will be sirloin steak and a jacket potato (Hubby didn't come for lunch as it was a girl's do, so he needs feeding) I probably shan't eat much and I shall have to sort out some veg to go with this.

That all sounds amazing.
I will be trying the squashes potatoes instead of the normal hasselbacks.

Thursday
B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
L - Carvery (small plate): turkey, yorkshire pud, a little stuffing mix, 2 pieces of roast potato, tiny amount of carrot and parsnip mash, good portion of cauliflower, tablespoon of peas, tablespoon of cranberry sauce, ample gravy. Vodka and pepsi max.
D - Savoury cauliflower rice and mozzarella cheese I'd frozen the other day. Hovis extra wheatgerm crackers and a mini cathedral city lighter cheese stick
Snacks - skinny crunch and 2 fingers dark choc mint KitKat

Friday (Yesterday)
Breakfast : cheesy omelette with mushrooms , tomato , chicken and bell pepper

Lunch: salad : lettuce , tomato , cucumber , alfalfa sprouts , mushroom , bell pepper , carrot , avocado and a drizzle of mayo.

Dinner: curry sausages and veggies ,
Beef sausages cut up, zucchini , green beans , cauliflower , broccoli and mushrooms , curry paste and chicken broth .

Decaffeinated tea with a splash of almond milk .

Thursday :
Breakfast : Blue berries , black berries, strawberries with 2 table spoons of full fat Greek yoghurt , almonds and chia seeds plus pumpkin seeds .

Lunch : eggs , chicken , cucumber , tomato , bell pepper , celery , mayo wrapped in lettuce wraps .

Dinner : homemade burger , mushrooms , onion , tomato cheese and lettuce dismantled .

Friday
L - Little packet of Fridge Raiders chicken and stuffing bites. 2 Hovis crackers with 1 Tesco cheese bites cheese
D - One thick pork sausage, one very small jacket potato topped with grated mozzarella (baked again), salad of lambs lettuce, lots of fresh beetroot, spring onion, a little low fat coleslaw and a few halves of sweet mixed baby tomatoes. Followed by 6 raspberries with 1 tsp chia seeds and 2 tbsp Elmlea light double cream.
Snacks - Fibre One carrot cake bar. Packet of baked crisps.

Saturday
L - 2 slices toasted Hovis original with Primula (tube) cheese spread with prawns. 3 Hovis crackers with a Cathedral City mini mature cheddar.
D - 2 tiny pork belly strips with a cauliflower and broccoli rice (with blitzed onion, red pepper and baby spinach, tiny portion of Phili cheese, last drop of Elmlea light double cream, herbs, mixed well and put in oven with grated mozzarella sprinkled on top).
Snacks - Popped corn. 2 fingers dark choc KitKat

Saturday 11 Dec 2021
B: Poached egg, bacon, mushrooms
L: Chicken and vegetable broth
D: HM Chicken and vegetable crock pot with lots of broccoli
1075 cals and 84gm carbs

Sunday 12 Dec 2021
B: 1 Oatibix with unsweetened almond milk and 40gm blueberries
L: Chicken and vegetable broth
D: 100gm roast beef, 2 new potatoes, broccoli, carrot/swede puree, brussels sprouts, gravy
711 cals and 82gm carbs. So I'll have a lime and soda later

Sunday
L - Hovis original sandwich of ham, lambs lettuce, fresh beetroot and mayo
D - Hovis original 2 slices toasted, buttered, with wilted spinach, 2 poached eggs and a small portion of baked beans on the side. Lemon drizzle wow bake. 4 mini sausage rolls home baked
Supper/Snacks - Pigs in Blankets crisps (had to be tried!), skinny mint and choc bar.

Friday
Brunch: Half a jacket potato I had left the night before, 1/4 tin Heinz no added sugar beans, 3 slices pastrami
Dinner: Pan-fried duck breast with a sauce made from my own winter spiced grape jelly, half a jacket scooped out, mashed with garlic and herb cream cheese, topped with parmesan and baked. Green beans and peas.IMG_20211210_211218672.jpg

Saturday
Breakfast: 1 slice seeded toast with a smear of sardine and tomato paste.
Lunch: Egg Mayo sandwich on seeded bread eaten in the car as we had driven 1hr 15 to keep a midday appointment at ASDA opticians.
Dinner: Didn't feel like cooking as I was too tired, so hubby cooked. I had 1/4 tin of Heinz beans, 1 slice of toast and 1 slice black pudding. All in all a bit of a messy day and too much bread.

Sunday:
Brunch: Fried egg, half a slice of black pudding, 1 slice bacon, 1 slice toast
Dinner: Finished up the cheesy jackets, buttery braised leeks with Spicy pulled Beef Brisket which was bought in ASDA and said 12g carb for 1/2 pack but frankly I think it was more as it definitely spiked me a LOT despite correct carb counting. Fruit platter with a bit of melon and some Sharon fruit + a couple of slices of Mango.

Monday
L - 3 Nairn cheese oatcakes with Primula cheese spread with prawns
D - 2 pork sausages, last half of the savoury cauliflower rice plus a portion of cauliflower cheese.
Snacks/Supper. Skinny crunch bar. Packet of baked crisps.

B: Greek Yoghurt, blueberries, Scattering All bran
L: homemade cauliflower and stilton soup, cooked meat, tomatoes, pepper, 1 ryvita thin, 2 poppy seed crackers. half apple
D: chicken, potato salad, green salad. apple crumble and cream

Tuesday
Brunch - Belvita breakfast biscuits
Dinner - "Almost a bolognese" 5% lean steak mince, had mine with a good size portion of sweetheart cabbage and leek mix (mash & cabbage mix for hubby, spaghetti for son). Portion of homemade apple crumble (sweetener not sugar) and some squirty cream
Supper/Snack - Taster of a truckle of cheddar with caramalised onion. Packet of baked crisps. Skinny choc and orange bar.

Monday:
Brunch: home made cauliflower and stilton soup (snap @Leadinglights ). 2 slices Scandalously seeded bread and butter.
Dinner: Paprika chicken and chorizo traybake with red and yellow peppers. Roast fennel, Runner beans

Tuesday:
Brunch: home made leek and potato soup with 2 slices SS bread and butter.
Dinner: leftover chicken from Monday. Mediterranean roast veg: red and yellow peppers, courgette, red onion. Beetroot roasted with fennel seeds. Melon and sharon fruit. 2 sneaky iced Lebkuchen.

Monday:
Brunch: home made cauliflower and stilton soup (snap @Leadinglights ). 2 slices Scandalously seeded bread and butter.
Dinner: Paprika chicken and chorizo traybake with red and yellow peppers. Roast fennel, Runner beans

Tuesday:
Brunch: home made leek and potato soup with 2 slices SS bread and butter.
Dinner: leftover chicken from Monday. Mediterranean roast veg: red and yellow peppers, courgette, red onion. Beetroot roasted with fennel seeds. Melon and sharon fruit. 2 sneaky iced Lebkuchen.
what is ss bread thanks

Allinsons Scandalously seeded bread, as per Monday. It's lower carb per slice than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back