What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menu #3 ...

B: Big soy flat white + 25g chia seeds. Bowl with rockmelon, strawberries, walnuts, crumbled piece of pumpernickel, lots of lemon juice.

L: Medium soy flat white + 25g chia seeds. Bowl with edamame, baby spinach, sugar snap peas, avocado, two figs, pear, lots of lemon juice.

D: Bowl with rockmelon, raspberries, blackberries, lemon juice.

Grazing: Almonds, 2 x ryvita, carrots.

1 x multivitamin.

Calories; ~2,400; ~95g fibre; satfats ~5% of calories; unsatfats ~110g; ~95g protein; net carbs ~180g; micronutrients in general A-OK.

Menu #3 ...

B: Big soy flat white + 25g chia seeds. Bowl with rockmelon, strawberries, walnuts, crumbled piece of pumpernickel, lots of lemon juice.

L: Medium soy flat white + 25g chia seeds. Bowl with edamame, baby spinach, sugar snap peas, avocado, two figs, pear, lots of lemon juice.

D: Bowl with rockmelon, raspberries, blackberries, lemon juice.

Grazing: Almonds, 2 x ryvita, carrots.

1 x multivitamin.

Calories; ~2,400; ~95g fibre; satfats ~5% of calories; unsatfats ~110g; ~95g protein; net carbs ~180g; micronutrients in general A-OK.

It sounds healthier than mine.
It does make you realise how difficult it is to grab food on the go.
Even the evening meal went out of the window when the plane arrived late, the transfer had a flat tyre, and the restaurants had all stopped serving here.

B. 1 Weetabix with warmed milk, topped with chia seeds greek yog. and raspberries
L. 2 live life bread topped with pate
T. Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and about 10 chips very nice and filling
usual coffee's and no snacks today

It sounds healthier than mine.
It does make you realise how difficult it is to grab food on the go.
Even the evening meal went out of the window when the plane arrived late, the transfer had a flat tyre, and the restaurants had all stopped serving here.
Anyway, you get to spend some time in Budapest, something I'd like to do.

Today. I had leftover homemade beef burgers for breakfast with decaf coffee to drink and a quarter of the keto Christmas cake I made.

Lunchtime I had half a ribeye steak with sliced avocado and lemon juice followed by another quarter of the cake. I had a can of naturally flavoured zero calorie fizzy water to drink.

In the afternoon I had another quarter of cake with a cup of mint tea.

In the evening I made soup with a quarter chicken oxo, two slices of leftover frozen turkey, some orange oil and vinegar and a sprinkle of dried onions. And polished off the last quarter of the cake. More mint tea to drink. My levels stayed between 5.4 and 6.4 before and after eating. The 6-ish levels one hour after and back to 5-ish two hours later.

Ham hock
Fried potato pancake
Vegetables
Pork loin

(Between two)

Then the ham on a sandwich at night, with the veg and potatoes we couldn't eat at lunch.
And more ham left for tomorrow!

Attachments

• IMG-20211223-WA0002~2.jpg
    IMG-20211223-WA0002~2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 2
B: scrambled egg with smoked salmon on toast
L: homemade soup, cooked meat 2 oatcakes, picked gerkin, tomato, cheese, half apple
D: boerwors, coleslaw, salad, half roll, strawberries and cream

Thursday
B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
L - 2 Hovis digestives, cathedral city light mature cheese stick and a few grapes
D - Homemade bolognese with 5% minced steak, cauliflower egg fried "rice" with Phili cheese, followed by a chocolate eclair
Snack - Graze lemon and blueberry oat bite
Galaxy hot chocolate with a shot of Bailey's and a dash of double cream - after midnight so a Christmas Eve treat.

Breakfast: smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with decaff coffee.

Snack: small piece of cheddar cheese.

Christmas meal: Roast turkey, roast celeriac with a piece of parsnip and a piece of carrot and Brussels sprouts with naturally flavoured sparkling unsweetened water.

Evening: tiny shot glass of Port.

6b7c697b-d072-4c42-818b-4323b503b298-jpeg.19558

Attachments

• 6B7C697B-D072-4C42-818B-4323B503B298.jpeg
    6B7C697B-D072-4C42-818B-4323B503B298.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Breakfast/Brunch - fryup, turned out the "sausage" was a black pudding type haggis thing .
Out to town, black tea and dim sum shrimp dumplings
Duck, goose legs, veg and a weird "gravey" that was probably a casserole mix.
Cheese and tuc crackers that had a strange onion flavour.
(And beer, wine, and spirits throughout the mix)

I ate way way too much. Turkey, lemon and parsley stuffing, 2 small roast potatoes, gravy, bread sauce, apple sauce, 2 tiny Yorkshire puddings (I just love Yorkshire puddings), a few Chestnuts. A bit of Lindt chocolate in the evening...ok a lot of Lindt chocolate. BG result later in the evening 4.8

We decided not to have a starter or pudding. Way too much to eat sensibly. We will have those today. Starter Prawn Cocktail. Pudding, a few chocolate profiteroles with double cream.

Food at Christmas. Hmmmm.

Ooops... got out of the habit of posting.

Christmas day
Breakfast: 1 slice Morrison's spelt loaf toast 15g carb
Lunch - or rather late morning snack 4 x tempura prawns, 3 x gyoza with a glass of white wine whilst opening presents.
Dinner @ 5pm Home made Smoked salmon and asparagus mousse, Roast Picanha beef (rare) with a Port and Roquefort sauce, caramellised shallots and chestnuts, orange glazed carrots, sprouts with bacon, sugar snap peas and roast potatoes. Christmas pud with clotted cream. A selection of cheese and biscuits, coffee and Lily O'Brian dessert choccies. Accompanied by a selection of white and red wine, glass of port with the cheese.

Completely forgot to bolus for dinner as I was concentrating on getting all the food out hot and on time for our guests! That was NOT a good idea as I spiked up to 18.

Christmas Day (non event this year)

Lunch - Belvita breakfast biscuits, "cocoa with choc chips"
Dinner - wait for it lol - 2 s/f chicken wings, 3 battered chicken dippers, a small portion of low fat coleslaw. Hovis digestive biscuits with a cathedral city mini mature cheddar and one of Tesco's "cheese bites" (mini).
Fibre One carrot cake bar - as festive as it got! lol
2 caramel coffees, lots of water and some Pepsi Max Cherry

Everyone cooked their own food, except for me, son did my chicken bits bless him.
PS today's was a wee bit more festive....

Boxing Day
Breakfast: two buttered slices of leftover turkey sprinkled with dried sage and onion and a cup of decaf coffee.
Lunch: Same.
Evening meal: Roast chicken with Brussels sprouts and chocolate mousse made with double cream, 100% cocoa powder and erythritol and sparkling water to drink.

Boxing day:

Breakfast: 1 slice toasted wheat, spelt and rye bread.
Lunch: 2 slices of the same toast and a large portion of leftover home made smoked salmon and asparagus mousse wrapped in smoked salmon.
Dinner: neither of us was hungry so we shared 10 tempura prawns and 8 “beetroot bites” which were surprisingly delicious. Not impressed with how many carbs are in this bought in stuff though. I could have made a whole dinner with less carbs than these snacks!

It can be helpful sometimes to know what sort of things people are eating, as it might give some ideas for a more varied diet. So, I'll start off with what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast - 1 slice buttered Burgen toast (my breakfast every day, I don't like to run with too much in my stomach)

Lunch - two soft-boiled eggs, two slices of buttered Burgen toast soldiers 🙂 Activia yoghurt

Evening meal - home-made spaghetti bolognese and a bounty bar.

I also nibbled on chilli-dusted peanuts through the evening.
Fairly new to diabetes. But my average day always starts with high fibre crunchy bran with semi skimmed milk. Lunch can be low carb 11gms slice Warburton seeded with red salmon or chicken I treat with Aldi chickpeas chopstick. Evening meals are homemade spag bol with wholewheat pasta. Or fish with homemade in olive oil oven Chips (1 pot) but I have a few night chicken strips I coat in bit soy sauce then add garlic salt, smoked paprika, onion salt, thyme and mix them I fry in bit of olive oil with loads of cherry tomatoes till they caramelise serve with salad. Yummy. My treat is del Monte raspberry smoothie lollyice. My snack later is always orange, apple and strawberries if they're nice. No sweets though did buy some of that heavenly chocolate from dragons den which is ok but only have occasional piece. Also 2 sugar free Werther's original toffees. Or sugar free gum.

Fairly new to diabetes. But my average day always starts with high fibre crunchy bran with semi skimmed milk. Lunch can be low carb 11gms slice Warburton seeded with red salmon or chicken I treat with Aldi chickpeas chopstick. Evening meals are homemade spag bol with wholewheat pasta. Or fish with homemade in olive oil oven Chips (1 pot) but I have a few night chicken strips I coat in bit soy sauce then add garlic salt, smoked paprika, onion salt, thyme and mix them I fry in bit of olive oil with loads of cherry tomatoes till they caramelise serve with salad. Yummy. My treat is del Monte raspberry smoothie lollyice. My snack later is always orange, apple and strawberries if they're nice. No sweets though did buy some of that heavenly chocolate from dragons den which is ok but only have occasional piece. Also 2 sugar free Werther's original toffees. Or sugar free gum.
Hi there @SweetAnn welcome. Whilst that sounds like a nice healthy diet and follows the NHS advice, it may not be all that healthy for a person with diabetes. I've highlighted the things which may cause your blood sugar to rise. Having said that, everyone is different in what they can tolerate. Do you have a blood glucose meter? If so I suggest you test before eating those items and again at 2 hours afterwards. If you don't have a meter I seriously suggest you buy one along with some strips. People here recommend the GlucoNavii or the Spirit Healthcare Tee2. as they have the most economical strips. Hope this helps!

By the way, I know some of the items I post about do not seem very suitable, but of course I am T1 and have insulin which does make quite a lot of difference to what I can eat.

Boxing Day
B - Belvita breakfast biscuits
D - (family buffet) Smoked salmon canapes 2, small amount of low fat coleslaw, 2 cocktail sausages, 2 s/f chicken bites, 2 small roasties, 5 mini sausage rolls, portion of slow cooked smoked gammon, 1 mini corn on cob with some butter, very small slice of chocolate yule log with some double cream.
One tea, one caramel coffee, last half of the can of Pepsi Max Cherry and plenty of tap water

(I'll probably do our originally planned Christmas dinner this coming Sunday, if I feel up to it by then)

Yesterday
B - super berry granola with semi skimmed milk and a mug of coffee (now a mug that was 366 days old as was the only one out of the 3 of us not to get a mug this year! lol)
D - cheesy scrambled egg sandwich (been craving it for weeks) and a slice of double chocolate yule log
mug of cafetiere coffee
T - 2nd Christmas dinner as no wastage here so - turkey, boiled baby potatoes, 2 roast potatoes, roasted sprouts, sausage meat, 2 cheesy pigs in blankets, 2 normal pigs in blankets and gravy, pint of cherries & berries diluting
mug of coffee
2 digestive biscuits

Today
B - same as yesterday
D - sausage meat sandwich then a Galaxy chocolate orange cake bar
mug of cafetiere coffee
T - ham, radishes, baby potatoes, a few paprika chips, cheese coleslaw, couple of gherkins, pint of cherries & berries diluting
mug of coffee

bar a few veggies all the leftovers have been used up and Bubbles also had a bowl full of turkey for his tea on Christmas day xx

101 ways with turkey leftovers!
B: Ham and egg muffin
L: Turkey and vegetable broth
D: Turkey, cranberry and stuffing roll, new pots, sprouts, carrots, runner beans
S: Frozen berries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back