What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think you were moaning. Yes, I can second that sometimes head feels like exploding with all the information, and wanting to get it right. As you say, loads of poorly people out there, and I for one open my eyes and feel glad for what I have and have not, and can only say to others, hope you are as ok as you can be. I agree the support here is fantastic, and have often found that someone else's "rant" or what they think is a daft question, reflects what I don't want to open myself up to ask. You take care as well wirralass
Thank you Carol x so glad that someone thinks on the same lines as myself x

Last edited:
Lol at the turnip debate. Turnips are the dirty great big things we used to nick from the farmers' field for Halloween. You can tell someone's age if they had pumpkins! Never saw a pumpkin back in the day; very exotic. 🙂

Menu for Friday 170217
BG 6.3 @ 6.13am
Bottle water with fibre

Brunch:
Cup Mushrooms, 1/2 Cup Cheese, 2 ex.lg Scrambled in Olive Oil Eggs.
Pt Aspirin water, meds
Bottle water throughout the afternoon.
Couple slices Roast Beef (as ravenous).
BG 5.6 @ 3.13pm

Dinner:
Roast Beef Salad, Mayo, 1/2 tub Coleslaw.
BG 7.4 @ 8.48pm (this will be due to the sugar in the Coleslaw, so that's the last time I have that).
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.
Starving again so I ate 2 cold pieces of Spam from the fridge...

First thing - 15stones 0.4pounds, equator 48 1/2 inches (watched Terry Pratchett's memorial today) :(

Yesterday
B - porridge
L - ended up in an american diner place in Chelmsford, cheeseburger without the bun and some fries
D - was a the beer festival, very limited food choice, ended up having chili with no rice.
About 2 half pints of beer! As I was at a festival I tend to stick to 1/3 of a pint, that way I can try more without drinking too much.

Today
B - 2 scrambled eggs with cheese on 2 slices 50/50 toast and a cup of coffee with milk
2pmish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 2 squares Lindt 90%
D - 2 small smoked haddock fillets, 1 potato waffles, 80g petits pois and 50g coleslaw
After d - cup of coffee, milk
T - 2 mission deli wheat and white mini wraps filled with mexican pulled chicken and a cheeky wee vodka & diet coke x

Where do you get bottles of water with fibre in @Ditto? I need more fibre in my diet and more water! 😎
I'm at it again. It's the way I type. Leading everybody up the garden path! It's just bottles which I fill up from the tap, because I prefer tap water to bought water plus I'm a cheapskate. 😉 With fibre which the doctor gives me because I have Diverticulitis. I just swallow a spoonful of the fibre, Normacol it's like grit, and then chugalug the water. The combination keeps me regular and stops me resorting to prunes. Actually I could just eat a bowl of prunes and custard. 😛

Yesterday
B - cooked brekkie as we was at a hotel, so I had, sausage, bacon, egg, grilled tomato and a slice of bread
L- sausage and onion sarnie and a packet of hula hoops
D - giant yorkie PhD filled with savoury mince, followed by strawberries and cream
Snack - handful of peanuts

Yesterday was.........

B: Flat white (coffee)
L: haggis, black pudding and bacon in a large roll
D: Rump Steak, garlic mushrooms, salad and 40grms of French fries

And all the water I drank through the day turned into wine

yesterday was a big epiphany: milk has sugar, well, lactose/simple carbohydrate/sugar. I knew that, but it just was floating around my brain in denial. So... I don't know if I CAN give up yogurt, but I like black coffee as long as it's boiled (not instant) So starting yesterday my 200 mls a day of milk plus another 150ml of natural yoghurt has been reduce to just yoghurt. Maybe next week I'll re-examine my yoghurt decision...

B - 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, and 2 slices of Warburton's protein toast. No milk in my coffee.
L - 2 rice cakes with peanut butter and blueberry yogurt
T - kidney beans with tinned tomato and tinned ratatouille (non-chilli Chilli) with lammmb and garden peas.

And here's a question: my husband took down two tins of garden peas from the cupboard. One was from the Co-op Loved By Us folk: 14g of carbs per 100g. The second tin was spar brand, 7g carbs for 100g. What is that all about?? They were both garden peas... We started looking on the asda website for carbs in garden peas. Even Wikipedia. There is very little consistency!! Both were in water, both said ingredients were only peas and water. Are the food labels dependable??

Yesterday.
B: Ham & cheese omelette
L: Some peanuts
D: At pub. Superman mixed grill with salad. Left steak as it was nuked within an inch of it's life! Also had 1 & 1/2 pints of Doom Bar & a glass of red wine.

yesterday was a big epiphany: milk has sugar, well, lactose/simple carbohydrate/sugar. I knew that, but it just was floating around my brain in denial. So... I don't know if I CAN give up yogurt, but I like black coffee as long as it's boiled (not instant) So starting yesterday my 200 mls a day of milk plus another 150ml of natural yoghurt has been reduce to just yoghurt. Maybe next week I'll re-examine my yoghurt decision...

B - 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, and 2 slices of Warburton's protein toast. No milk in my coffee.
L - 2 rice cakes with peanut butter and blueberry yogurt
T - kidney beans with tinned tomato and tinned ratatouille (non-chilli Chilli) with lammmb and garden peas.

And here's a question: my husband took down two tins of garden peas from the cupboard. One was from the Co-op Loved By Us folk: 14g of carbs per 100g. The second tin was spar brand, 7g carbs for 100g. What is that all about?? They were both garden peas... We started looking on the asda website for carbs in garden peas. Even Wikipedia. There is very little consistency!! Both were in water, both said ingredients were only peas and water. Are the food labels dependable??
I would say the labels would be a guide.

Lol at the turnip debate. Turnips are the dirty great big things we used to nick from the farmers' field for Halloween. You can tell someone's age if they had pumpkins! Never saw a pumpkin back in the day; very exotic. 🙂

Menu for Friday 170217
BG 6.3 @ 6.13am
Bottle water with fibre

Brunch:
Cup Mushrooms, 1/2 Cup Cheese, 2 ex.lg Scrambled in Olive Oil Eggs.
Pt Aspirin water, meds
Couple slices Roast Beef (as ravenous).
BG 5.6 @ 3.13pm

Dinner:
Roast Beef Salad, Mayo, 1/2 tub Coleslaw.
BG 7.4 @ 8.48pm (this will be due to the sugar in the Coleslaw, so that's the last time I have that).
Starving again so I ate 2 cold pieces of Spam from the fridge...

First thing - 15stones 0.4pounds, equator 48 1/2 inches (watched Terry Pratchett's memorial today) :(
@Ditto. Love the 'equator' expression!:D As for Coleslaw, have you not tried making your own? I can't recall who, but someone on here does make their own - maybe they'll pick this up x

Last edited:
Yesterday
B - 2 slices of toast (Burgen bread)
L - KFC hot wings, fries, coleslaw, pepsimax (naughty but delicious!)
D - Parmesan cheese and tomato on Burgen toast
S - 4 Scottish oatcakes and caramelised onion cheddar

Sainsburys do a natural Skyr, it says 'reduced sugar' in the blurb, but the ingredients only list the yogurt, so I assume the sugars are the naturally occurring ones in the milk.(4g per 100g)
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/arla-skyr-natural-450g
I haven't tried it, I was tempted, but decided on my usual Fage Greek yogurt in the end.
@Robin. Yesterday I bought the Skyr 450g yogurt mixed with honey, from Asda. Fat free & high protein and as you say, it's reduced sugar. Very thick & creamy & deliciously yummy, thanks also @NorthernerAlso bought a 500g KOKO yogurt, dairy free, says free alternative to yogurt made with coconut milk and yogurt cultures. Added calcium + vitamins D & B12. *Yet to try.

Last edited:
@Robin @Northerner. Arla do a Skyr drink too, 350ml Icelandic style yogurt. Carbs per 100g 8.3 of which 7.7 sugars. I bought the blueberry & blackcurrant. A small glug at a time sounds OK to me?

There are times I make stuff up, but most of the time my recipes come from these following websites.
Diet Doctor
I Breathe I'm Hungry
Low Carb Yum
Ditch The Carbs
I found turnip doesn't have a strong flavour so works perfect as a potato replacement.🙂
@Mark Parrott. 3 guesses as to who bought Burgen bread yesterday?

Today
B - 1 kingsmill cinnamon and raisin toastie
9:5ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk
D - bacon, mushrooms and mayo on 2 slices 50/50
2ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk
T - 2 burgers, 2 yorkies a massive pile of bean sprouts and some gravy
After t - cup of coffee, milk and some diet coke that will no doubt get wasted as can't seem to even make it through a tin of juice nowadays x

Wirralass I'm far too lazy to make my own coleslaw! :D I'd quite like to see the recipe though. I never go to the recipes thread, it might be there...

Menu for Saturday 180217
BG 5.9 @ 8.27am
Bottle water with fibre

Breakfast:
250g Cottage Cheese.
Pt Aspirin water, meds
BG 6.2 @ 11.52am

Snack: 1/2 Roi De Trefle Camembert 125g

Lunch:
Steak with bit of mustard, 1 Cup Green Beans, knob butter.

Dinner:
2 Beef Grills, 2 ex.lg. Fried Eggs.
BG 5.3 @ 9.59pm

First thing - 15stones 0.4pounds - Tum - 48 1/2

Coleslaw is dead easy if you have a food processor with a slicing attachment thingy. Basic coleslaw is just shredded cabbage & mayo. I tend to add some shredded carrot & onion & spice it up a bit with a spoonful of horseradish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back