What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday.
B: Toast & butter
L: M&S piri piri chicken strips (these are vitually zero carbs)
D: Steak & kidney stew with 1 dumpling & 2 eclairs for pud.
Didn't test BG before, but was 7.4 afterwards, though I'm 6.4 this morning, which is a smidging high for me.

B: 1 boiled egg, large apple

L: mexican chicken (some carbs in the coating but not much) and large salad

D: same as lunch

Snack: 1 clementine.

Drinks: water and peppermint tea

Although this isnt much, I seem less hungry now that I am not having dense carbs.

Yesterday was at home alone which is really unusual and couldn't be bothered to cook so ate too many carbs resulting in a BG of 9.0 before bed !!!
So here goes :
B... Two slices nimble toast with peanut butter
S.. Two finger dark choc kit kat
L.. Prawn sandwich and a vanilla latte
T.. Two slices of toast with two eggs and mushrooms
And wait for it ... A choux bun !
I think I know where I went wrong !! Lol x
Oh well today is a new day ...

I often have a chioux bun & it doesn't affect my BG that much. Like the 2 eclairs I had last night.😳

I often have a chioux bun & it doesn't affect my BG that much. Like the 2 eclairs I had last night.😳
I have had it before too without any ill affects but I am guessing on top of all that bread it was probs not the best idea x I was just too lazy to cook :(

I have had it before too without any ill affects but I am guessing on top of all that bread it was probs not the best idea x I was just too lazy to cook :(
I want a Choux Bun now haha, ah well I'll settle for the Tesco eclair after tea tonight, @Mark Parrott I blame you 🙂 x

Morning all. Wot I eated yesterday was:

B: cappuccino and a leisurely vape while serving in the pub
L: 3 Ryvita with spicy scrambled eggs atop, followed by a Dark Cocolate Tunnock's Teacake
D: open omelette with chopped shallots, cherry tomatoes, prosciutto and mixed herbs, with a side of minted peas.

Drinks: one black tea, Two Americanos, and sparkling water.

I begin with forgive me
Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter and a sachet fudge cadbury highlights
10ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk
D - 2 mission deli wheat & white mini wraps filled with roast beef and chive mayonnaise
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, petits pois, some gravy and a small tesco belgian chocolate eclair for pud
After t - cup of coffee, milk
Again FORGIVE ME haha 🙂 x

I begin with forgive me
Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter and a sachet fudge cadbury highlights
10ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk
D - 2 mission deli wheat & white mini wraps filled with roast beef and chive mayonnaise
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - 3 pork sausages, 2 yorkies, petits pois, some gravy and a small tesco belgian chocolate eclair for pud
After t - cup of coffee, milk
Again FORGIVE ME haha 🙂 x
OMgoodness me Kaylz, where did you store that lot!! Haha! But when a gales gotta eat then a gal's got to eat! Hope you enjoyed stuffing yourself 😛 😱 🙄:D:(🙂:D😱 You've made me feel sooooo hungry now! Take care u.

OMgoodness me Kaylz, where did you store that lot!! Haha! But when a gales gotta eat then a gal's got to eat! Hope you enjoyed stuffing yourself 😛 😱 🙄:D:(🙂:D😱 You've made me feel sooooo hungry now! Take care u.
I dunno but it's certainly the first day since 2nd January leftovers from new year that I've really felt truly full lol you take care too 🙂 x

Thank you.

I know Asda sell Burgen bread. I didn't know Aldi did. The pie and chips will be a rare treat. I usually make my own meals. Just bought a slow cooker/hotpot. Tried making some soup in it last week. Turned out OK. Lasted till yesterday.

For breakfast I have been having porridge most days with one or two sliced strawberries. Apart from that it is usually 3 slices of toast with either, occasionally cheese or Morissons low fat spread.

I haven't added any sugar or any kind of sweetener for at least 20 years. If I do have any kind of cereal it with either skimmed or semi skimmed milk and have been using this since I had a cerebral clot in 2004

I see a lot of people are on low carb high fat diets. That's interesting . I have been told by various people nurses, the Desmond team etc to go low fat.

Cutting down on the carbs is going to be the main thing with food.

I will have to look up the recipes on this site to get some ideas for main meals. A lot of the things I used to eat I can't even think of now.

Life is full of challenges!

Like I say there will be a lot of trial and error.

I walk for 120 minutes most days. When it is working I use the Turbo trainer for at least 30 minutes.

When I can get it working I am going to try high intensity to see what difference that makes.

I am a good weight for my size. 14 stone and 6 foot.

My main aim is to get the glucose levels down.

Once again thank you to everyone who has replied to me since I joined.

I will listen to any advice or constructive criticism.
Hello and welcome to forum

Yesterday
Brunch - sausage, burger, fried egg, mushrooms
L - cheese and tomato toastie made with 2 slices burgen bread
T - 2 yoghurts, Lindt dark mint chocolate, banana

Sainsburys do a natural Skyr, it says 'reduced sugar' in the blurb, but the ingredients only list the yogurt, so I assume the sugars are the naturally occurring ones in the milk.(4g per 100g)
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/arla-skyr-natural-450g
I haven't tried it, I was tempted, but decided on my usual Fage Greek yogurt in the end.
They featured Skyr on one of those food programmes, showing how it was made - it's not actually yoghurt, but a form of soft cheese, hence the low carbs. It's also low fat and high protein 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back