Snack .. Two rich tea biscuits with a latte
T... Small portion of beef pasta
Two naughty but nice cheese straws

Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter and 15g peanut butter
10:30ish cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk
D - Greggs steak bake and a tex mex pepperami
2:30ish - cu of smooth caramel coffee, milk and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - 1 and a half thin pork loin steaks (fat on and crisy sshhh don't tell anyone lol), 100g mashed potato with chives, 80g carrots and some gravy
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

Today
B - 2 low fat yoghurts
L - cheese and tomato on 2 slices wholemeal toast
D - Parmesan chicken (recipe nicked from Kaylz 🙂 i used philly instead of mayo) with roasted courgette, tomato, mushroom and pepper.

Today
B - 2 low fat yoghurts
L - cheese and tomato on 2 slices wholemeal toast
D - Parmesan chicken (recipe nicked from Kaylz 🙂 i used philly instead of mayo) with roasted courgette, tomato, mushroom and pepper.
Well come on don't do this to me did it go down well? lol 🙂 x

Today
B... Had porridge for a treat I usually avoid but fancied a change
L.... Poached fish two small boiled potatoes and broccoli. Followed by a yogurt
T.. Cheese, ham and mushroom omlette
Snacks lentil crisps and a dark two finger kit kat :0

Today
B - the usual, porridge
L - homemade butternut squash soup and a lidl protein roll
D - OH took me out for valentines meal, we went to the local Miller and Carter, sirloin steak, sweet potato fries, onion loaf and broccoli with beef dripping sauce, and I had vanilla cheesecake for dessert. We also shared a bottle of red wine.

Wirralass you've got me craving burnt toast now! :D The Aspirin water is just my lazy way of typing a pint glass of water with a dissolvable Aspirin thrown in, have to take one daily for dicky ticker.

Menu for Monday 130217
BG 5.9 @ 9.35am
Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast @ 11ish:
Lg Tin Tuna, 1oz Shallots, 1 tbs Mayo.
Pt Aspirin water, meds, cod liver oil capsule
BG 6.1 @ 12.13pm
Late Lunch:
250g Cottage Cheese.
BG 5.7 @ 7.12pm
Dinner:
2 boil in the bag Fish with butter sauce, 7oz cabbage with butter on, 7oz mash (bought ready prepared) :(
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.

First thing on getting up but after loo - 15stones 0.2pounds / Tum - 48 1/2

I could have been in the 14stone range the next day but sabotaged myself by eating Mum's left over mash. I'm banning spuds from the bungalow, I just can't resist them. 😡

Valentine's day.
B: scrambled egg on Be Free toast
L: tuna salad & cherry filled 85% choccy bar
D: Texan coated sirloin steak & chips & Belgian choc cheesecake for pud (not low carb:D)

Before dinner 5.
1 hour after (and before pud) 10.0!😱
2 hrs after dinner (1 hr after pud) 8.4.
Woke up this morning to 5.6.🙂

wow. That is good control, I think. I'm still getting my balance back after the patisserie in Glasgow last Friday!

yesterday
Boiled and on a rice cake with milky coffee
Lentil soup with lambmmm and natural yoghurt with blueberries
More Lean Lambmmm and carrots, cabbage, and beetroot.
Later - Darylea triangle and a rice cake
Did I mention that I love lambmmm? :D

Menu for Tuesday 140217 Valentine's Day.
BG 6.3 @ 8.09am
Bottle water with fibre

Brunch around 10ish:
Lg Tin Tuna, 1 1/2oz Shallots, 1 tbs Mayo.
Pt Aspirin water, meds, cod liver oil capsule.
BG 5.8 @ 12.32pm

Dinner:
Nearly a full tin of Corned Beef, Mustard, 7oz Cabbage, 2tbs Mayo.
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.

First thing I do on getting up is jump on the scales (after taking my bg that is) - 15 1.2 on the digital scales and 48 1/2 inches tum

My food intake yesterday (14.02.2017)
Bgl @ 6am: 6.1

Bgl before brunch: 5.8

Brunch:
2egg cheese omelette
2 rashers lean back bacon
1 tinned small plum tomato
1 skinned pork sausage
1 cup decaf tea, 1 Truvia sweetener
Bgl 2hours later: 7.3!

Bgl before evening meal: 5.6

Evening meal
Braised steak & onions
Steamed crunchy vegs: sprouts,broccoli and cauliflower instead of potatoes
A little beef stock that steak was Braised in.
1/2 glass water with meal
Weight watchers yogurts & 6 blueberries
1 Garlic oil capsule
Bgl 2 hours later : 6.6

Evening snack:
Cappuchino, 2 Truvia sweeteners
Handful almond nuts

Oops! Fell asleep! Didn't take last bgl

Last edited:
Today
B - 1 kingsmill cinnamon and raisin toastie (oh my god they are so delicious will defo be buying more)
9:45ish - cup of coffee, milk
D - 6 small slices spicy chorizo, mayo and some tomato on 2 slices 50/50 bread
3ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk and 2 squares Lindt 90%
T - 3 pork and leek sausages, 2 yorkies, carrots and some gravy
After t - cup of coffee, milk
Oh forgot the can of diet coke or should I say half a can after it slipped and poured half of it on the car floor :( lol x

It can be helpful sometimes to know what sort of things people are eating, as it might give some ideas for a more varied diet. So, I'll start off with what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast - 1 slice buttered Burgen toast (my breakfast every day, I don't like to run with too much in my stomach)

Lunch - two soft-boiled eggs, two slices of buttered Burgen toast soldiers 🙂 Activia yoghurt

Evening meal - home-made spaghetti bolognese and a bounty bar.

I also nibbled on chilli-dusted peanuts through the evening.

Porridge with a sliced strawberry for breakfast. A banana. Main meal pie chips and mushy peas and one pint of cider.

The main meal is one I can't afford to have often I know.

Supper 4 weatabix, (normally have 3). Already been told it was probably these which caused the high reading this morning

Perhaps some low calorie low sugar and salt cheese portions?

Still very early days for me. Been just over a month since I was diagnosed. There will be a lot of trial and error.

Thank you again to everyone who s replied to me.

@STEVEN BRYDGES. Hi there. Yes I think you need to revise your menu's.

I would heed @Northerner, his advice is sound.

I've not tried Burgen bread yet. Went into Asda at the wkend to buy but they only had soya & linseed loaves & soya doesn't like me!

A lot of folk on here keep Aldi staff in jobs buying burgen bread + more. I must make a visit.

I've only been on here one month & still finding it's a case of trial and error. I do take a peek at what other folk on here are eating & have tried a few menu's to see how it affects my BGL's.

Pie & chips are a def. no-no for me much as I'd love to demolish pie/fish & chips from the chippy eating out of the paper!! Childhood nostalgia! My tongue is hanging out at the thought 😛 But fish is good for us. Fresh salmon, fresh trout, fresh tuna etc Tinned pilchards in tomato sauce and tinned sardines are ok too, @Amigo knows much about fish! I make my own meals - that way I know exactly what I am eating.

Edited.
Portion size is vital so best cut down the size of your meals. ie. 1 weetabix as opposed to 4 as per @Northerners advice.

I have recently switched to Truvia sweeteners & Truvia granulated sweetener to have on cereals & in baking. It looks like a very refined sugar & is light as a feather:-
Truvia.
Per 0.5g. Fat or. 5g of which 0.1 saturates.
Carbohydrate 0.5g of which 0.5g sugar
Fibre 0.5g
Protein 0.5g
Salt 0.01
NB. Not everyone agrees to the use of sweeteners.

Folk reading this post may want to add further with their tips & recommendations. Take care

Diagnosed Type2 April 2016
Metformin withdrawn
Diet & exercise only atm.

Last edited:
I've not tried Burgen bread yet. Went into Asda at the wkend to buy but they only had soya & linseed loaves & soya doesn't like me
The S&L version is actually the one that we recommend as it is lower carb per slice than most other breads (due to some of the flour being replaced with soya flour). The other versions of Burgen are higher in carbs than the S&L one, so it's a shame soya doesn't like you :(

Porridge with a sliced strawberry for breakfast. A banana. Main meal pie chips and mushy peas and one pint of cider.

The main meal is one I can't afford to have often I know.

Supper 4 weatabix, (normally have 3). Already been told it was probably these which caused the high reading this morning

Perhaps some low calorie low sugar and salt cheese portions?

Still very early days for me. Been just over a month since I was diagnosed. There will be a lot of trial and error.

Thank you again to everyone who s replied to me.
Steven, there are an awful lot of carbs in your meals there, this will not be helping your blood sugar levels at all :( I almost fell off my chair when I saw '4 Weetabix' 😱 A huge impact on your levels within 30 minutes I would imagine :( I'd suggest looking into the GL (Glycaemic Load) diet, which describes an approach to selecting and combining foods so that they have a slow, steady impact on blood glucose levels - The GL Diet for Dummies is a very good introduction 🙂 I'd also recommend starting a food diary and recording the amount of carbs in EVERYTHING you eat and drink each day so you can find out what your average daily intake is. You will then have a better idea of where you might be able to reduce or change things so they are kinder to your levels - ask questions if you are not sure, there are many alternatives to things that will be better for you 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back