What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't actually live with him at the moment and when we do stay together he's up and away to work before I'm up haha x
Sorry to hear that Kaylz, apologies, hope I didn't upset you by mentioning him😉 Hope the burns on your knuckles heal quickly, I know how easy it is to catch them on a hot grill or oven. x take care & look after yourself x

This is what I ate yesterday, but it's not broken into meals because I was focusing on Carbs & Glycemic Load... I was aiming for 80g carbs (failed) and under 100 for GL and the 'mixed meals' were unknown so I don't know what to do about those...

Cheerios GL for 20g = 12
Skim milk GL for 200ml = 2
Blueberries GL for 15g = 1
Natural Yoghurt for g =4.5
Chopped up apple GL for 110g = 4
boiled egg GL for one egg = zero?
Mayonnaise GL for 10g = zero?
Black turtle beans GL for 50g = 3
Green beans GL for 100g = unknown?
Wiltshire meal = unknown, mixed meal
(116g carbs) (Thus the 9.5 FBG today)

Sorry to hear that Kaylz, apologies, hope I didn't upset you by mentioning him😉 Hope the burns on your knuckles heal quickly, I know how easy it is to catch them on a hot grill or oven. x take care & look after yourself x
No you haven't upset me at all I'm just still at home with my mum just now, me and the OH have been together for 8 years this coming September and still going strong, when he's not being a pain in the a*se that is is haha x

Ooh well yesterday i had some coconut macaroons for breakfast, cold sausages and a bag of crisps for lunch then a ding curry for tea. God that sounds awful when i type it. Must made more of an effort to eat healthily lol gonna keep an eye on here for inspiration.

B-2 slices wholemeal toast
L- Cheese & tomato sandwich
D - Gammon ham, roasted courgette and mushrooms and a couple glasses of red wine

L - 3 mini Empanadas picked up on my way home from Yoga
D - Salmon steak with Thai Red Curry Sauce on a bed of Spinach

Today
B - 2 toasted waffles with butter and a cadbury highlights fudge hot chocolate
10ish - cup of roasted hazelnut coffee, milk - very needed as got caught in the snow while taking my cat to the vet
D - 1 slice 50/50 toast, 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and a 25g bar moser roth caramel chocolate
2ish - cup of smooth caramel coffee, milk
T - 11/3 chicken breast with cheese, leeks and bacon, 2 yorkshire puddings, 80g petits pois and a packet of beef space raider crisps
After t - cup of coffee, milk x

Yesterday
B: Slice of toasted Burgen.
L: 2 mini frittatas
D: Left over Spanish casserole blitzed into soup form with a Lidl roll.

Yesterday was a bit odd.

B: 250 ml Barium Contrast medium
L: Delicious home made meat broth (Ham Hough) with a brown roll in the ferry terminal cafe.
D: ready made chicken and bacon tortellini, with a tomato sauce and a handful of freshly grated Parmesan.

I had to google Empanadas! :D

Menu for Thursday 090217
No blood!
Bottle water with fibre
Breakfast @ 12ish:
5 very small Eggs scrambled
Pt Aspirin water, meds, cod liver oil capsule

Lunch:
1 lg tin Tuna, 2 tbs Mayo, 1/2 cup Onion, 1 cup Mushrooms
BG 5.7 @ 2.45pm
Bottle water later.

Dinner:
Lg bag Prawns, 2 tbs Mayo, Baby Tomatoes, Curly Lettuce, few slivers Peppers
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.
BG 5.9 @ 9.10pm

Menu for Wednesday 080217
BG 5.7 @ 8.26am
Bottle water with fibre

Breakfast:
2 ex lg Eggs scrambled, 1/2 cup Tomato, 1 tbs Mayo, 2 cups Mushrooms, portion of Spam
Pt Aspirin water, meds, cod liver oil capsule

BG 5.4 @ 1.30pm
Lunch:
2 lg tins Tuna, 4 tbs Mayo (Hellman's was sugarfree, now it has sugar in it!), 1/2 cup Onions, 1 cup Cucumber
Bottle water later.

Dinner at Mecca Bingo, Sale:
Beef Burger, Chicken Burger, Mozzarella Cheese over, 2 Onion Rings (I chucked the bun and the fries)
Bottle water and a Levothyroxine pill.
BG 5.8 @ 10.01pm

First thing on waking after loo: 15 1.6 on digital scales this morning, tum up a tiny bit from 48 1/2 inches
What kind of Hellmann's mayonnaise have you been using as the recipe for the Real Mayonnaise hasn't changed x

What kind of Hellmann's mayonnaise have you been using as the recipe for the Real Mayonnaise hasn't changed x
Aargh, I've just checked my jar, yes, it has sugar in it. Never though to check before! It's regular, normal Hellmanns.
Only 1.3g per 100, so not going to have too much effect, but why put it in at all?

They also do a smooth caramel flavour and a vanilla but I haven't found that one to try yet, they taste even better with a couple of teaspoons of double cream rather than milk too 🙂 x
Mmmmmm!

I just use ordinary Hellman's but it didn't used to have sugar in it I'm sure because I remember the Americans on our Atkins page being proper miffed because theirs did have sugar in and the photo I took of our UK Hellman's label didn't have sugar. Now it does say sugars. :(

Since at least last year it has been the same, all mayonnaise has sugar in it with Tesco Organic and the Hellmann's real mayonnaise being the ones with the least in x

I'll be having olive oil instead then once I've got through this giant jar. :D

I'll be having olive oil instead then once I've got through this giant jar. :D
Why, I see you had 1/2 cup tomato at somepoint which if using american terms works out to about 100g a typical 80g tomato can have around 2.5g sugar, the mayonnaise won't do you any harm and I certainly could never give it up x

Today
B - porridge
L - chicken salad sandwich, bag of vegetable crisps
D - smoked haddock with roasted peppers and onions with chorizo and sprouts cooked in garlic oil with parmesan cheese
Snacks - hula hoops and some peanut's.

B. Scrambled eggs
mid am. Cappucino
L. Herring in dill marinade, half an apple, satsuma, 2sq 90% dark choc
D. Lancashire hotpot. Camembert and goats cheese, 2 glasses Merlot.

With regard to the mayo discussion, I make my own, so I know what's in it. And I always put a pinch of sugar in it because it's traditional. It takes the edge off the sharpness of the vinegar. If it weren't there, it wouldn't taste right. It's not there for fun, or to irritate diabetics. If you don't like even a trace of sugar, don't eat mayonnaise.

As Robin says, it's hardly any, and very unlikely to have any significant effect, even if you drank the whole flaming bottle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back