What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

B nat yoga and raspberries

L mozzarella stuffed meatballs with mixed salad

D salt pork with mixed peppers, celery, onion, spring onion and tomatoes.

Snack 2 tassimo cappacinos cashew nuts

Has anyone tried herbs to reduce BG
such as Cinmon or Sage ?? Also oregano ?

Yesterday’s choices

No breakfast
L: yogurt, berries and nuts
D: chicken skewers marinated in lime, garlic and coriander, vegetable packed rice and salad

Wine to drink on the night as we had visitors and I couldn’t resist!

Luckily it doesn’t seem to have had a negative impact today.

I had corn bread in the freezer, took out half a loaf, been eating that, so not the best..... didn't take BG first thing.

1 June 2019 -Breakfast - 1 pear, 3 rasberries mixed in oats this morning, 2 heaped teasspoons of yoghurt + slice of buttered corn bread.
BG a 2pm 9.1 mmol mmmmmmm any way finished lunch at 2.25pm,
Lunch; another slice of corn bread + 1 boiled egg, 2 slices of ham, a slice of smoked cheese, 1 tomato, cuppa.
6pm BG 6.5 mmol
Dinner Salad, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, avocado yoghurt dressing + salmon and walnuts,
glass of sheraz topped with water.
Evening 2 choc biscuits ..... soooooo naughty - but been working in the garden most of day 🙂

I can't cook so wouldn't know where to start! If you try them, let us know how you go on. 🙂
Hi
I do lots of healthy cook
For example oat cake
Four egg , two cup oat , one cup wholemale flour or coconut flour , 1/4 cup of avocado oil , 1/4 cup of brown sugar . Nut as you like , one spoon of peanut butter
So nice cake
I ate one slice daily with green tea

Hi
I do lots of healthy cook
For example oat cake
Four egg , two cup oat , one cup wholemale flour or coconut flour , 1/4 cup of avocado oil , 1/4 cup of brown sugar . Nut as you like , one spoon of peanut butter
So nice cake
I ate one slice daily with green tea
sounds great, however many of the members find they cant tolerate oats or high carb flours at all xx

sounds great, however many of the members find they cant tolerate oats or high carb flours at all xx
I don’t know
May be that’s my mistake thinking oat is healthy
I will start with almond flour or coconut flour
I will see the results and decide

I don’t know
don't get me wrong, they are healthy but they are also high in carbs, many type 2's find when testing with oats that they spike rather a lot post meal so choose not to include them in their diet xx

yesterday
B - 45g jumbo oats, 60g raspberries done in almond milk and a knob of butter, cup of coffee
mid morning - coffee
D - wholemeal bacon & scrambled duck egg sandwich and a nature valley chocolate & peanut protein bar, pint of water
mid afternoon - 2 cups of freshly ground coffee (either Columbian, French or Italian lol)
T - mince and chestnut mushrooms with a duck egg dropped in, sprouts, charlotte potatoes then a square Lindt 90%, pint of water
cup of coffee
off out for the monthly shop
cup of coffee 🙂
xx

don't get me wrong, they are healthy but they are also high in carbs, many type 2's find when testing with oats that they spike rather a lot post meal so choose not to include them in their diet xx
I got what you mean
I will check that
As I don’t do test after meal at all

I got what you mean
I will check that
As I don’t do test after meal at all
Ah that's unfortunate as that's all we have to test a foods effect xx

I don’t know
My result is 45
It was 43 last year and I did lot of changes
Going gym every day
Losing weight around two and half stone
And still increasing not reducing and don’t have an idea why ??????

My result is 45
It was 43 last year and I did lot of changes
Going gym every day
Losing weight around two and half stone
And still increasing not reducing and don’t have an idea why ??????
possibly because of the higher carb items you are using such as oats, wholemeal flour etc, I'm not sure I've seen you post a day of meals so what is your general day like food wise? xx

possibly because of the higher carb items you are using such as oats, wholemeal flour etc, I'm not sure I've seen you post a day of meals so what is your general day like food wise? xx
B , one pita bread whole meal with one boiled egg and salad and tea without sugar and without milk

Snack banana and sometimes oat bar

L . Soup of veg , two whole meal pitta bread and salad with zero fat Greek yougart

Snack orange

D green tea with bran flex (30 gram) without milk just dry , and nuts such as peanut or walnut

Almond sometimes if I feel Hungary

Please advise what shall I remove

B , one pita bread whole meal with one boiled egg and salad and tea without sugar and without milk

L . Soup of veg , two whole meal pitta bread and salad with zero fat Greek yougart

Snack orange

D green tea with bran flex (30 gram) without milk just dry , and nuts such as peanut or walnut

that's quite a lot of carbs, how many are in your pita bread? bananas and oat bars are very carb heavy, depending what your putting in your soup that could be very carb heavy on its own and your adding 2 pita breads into the mix as well, do you test at all? xx

that's quite a lot of carbs, how many are in your pita bread? bananas and oat bars are very carb heavy, depending what your putting in your soup that could be very carb heavy on its own and your adding 2 pita breads into the mix as well, do you test at all? xx
No I don’t do test at all
Soup of veg or pulses which is home made
Is that mean if I stopped outta bread , how can I feel full ??? Which bread is good ???

Snack orange

Hi Ban

I would agree with Kaylz too, if that’s your typical food then I would say it’s carb heavy. We are all different but if I ate those carbs I would be constantly running high BG.

For me no bread is good to be honest, even low carb bread. The only thing I can tolerate is a whole meal pitta but it must be one, never at breakfast or with another higher carb food. So I often have mine with a green salad (lettuce, cucumber, celery, etc).

To feel full up I make sure I eat plenty of the very low carb food like salad, veg and meat and fish or cheese.

As a type 2 myself I would recommend testing, I self fund my testing kit, (although I will be asking my GP to find at my next review). It’s the only way I can make sure my BG is going or staying in the right place. Test just before eating and 2 hours after starting your meal to see how your body has responded to the carbs. I also keep a detailed food diary and include how many carbs each element of the meal/drinks are so I can see daily what my overall carbs were and what I can tolerate.

It is hard to find balance but I hope this helps a bit.

Hi Ban

I would agree with Kaylz too, if that’s your typical food then I would say it’s carb heavy. We are all different but if I ate those carbs I would be constantly running high BG.

For me no bread is good to be honest, even low carb bread. The only thing I can tolerate is a whole meal pitta but it must be one, never at breakfast or with another higher carb food. So I often have mine with a green salad (lettuce, cucumber, celery, etc).

To feel full up I make sure I eat plenty of the very low carb food like salad, veg and meat and fish or cheese.

As a type 2 myself I would recommend testing, I self fund my testing kit, (although I will be asking my GP to find at my next review). It’s the only way I can make sure my BG is going or staying in the right place. Test just before eating and 2 hours after starting your meal to see how your body has responded to the carbs. I also keep a detailed food diary and include how many carbs each element of the meal/drinks are so I can see daily what my overall carbs were and what I can tolerate.

It is hard to find balance but I hope this helps a bit.
Of course it is useful , thanks for advise
I am trying to learn from everyone but again the question is if I increased the protein , is it OK or that’s will affect the BG as well
I feel that I am starving can’t feel full without bread and that’s exactly my problem

Does pulses counted as protien or carb ?

I will be so happy if I can go back to normal BG

Also, eating so many times through the day might well be keeping your blood sugar levels high. If you can, it’s better to eat less often. You can cut down on the carbs and eat more protein and good fats and that will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
The first website I looked at to research low carb foods/recipes/eating plans etc was ‘The Diet Doctor’ which really helped as it was so concise, informative and easy to understand,

It’s so easy to get the info on the internet. If I want to know the carbs in, for example, lentils, I just google ‘carbs in lentils’ and the information is right there. I do this nearly on a daily basis for anything I’m going to eat. You’ll see the nutritional value in each food you google and that will include fat, protein, fibre, sodium as well as carbs. Just write a list of the things you eat most frequently as a constant reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back