What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
baked spud with roast veg peprami washed down with a pint of pepsi max

Really? A pint?! Also I thought baked spud was one of the worst things we can eat?

Hark at me, pot/kettle comes to mind. 😉

Pepsi max is sugar free, so a pint is fine. I think @gail1 is on insulin, so will be able to match insulin to carbs 🙂

Today: (carbs checked on the box or packet or in the carbs and cals book)

Breakfast:
low sugar cornflakes 20g carbs
teaspoon yoghurt 2g and 4 grapes 1g
Slice of low carb bread toasted with butter 9g carbs
cup of tea
Milk total tea and cornflakes approx 2 gr carbs

Total 34 g for breakfast

Lunch:
1 boiled egg 0 carbs
1 slice of ham <5g carbs
1 slice of cheddar cheese <0.1g max
1 medium avocado 3g carbs + handful of lettuce
1 apple 9g carbs

total carbs 18g

Cup of tea

dread to think what the calories were in that lunch but I was hungry and focused more on the carbs. and protein today after breakfast readings.

I've got to go into town, what can I snack on if I get hungry when out?

Thanks U2 - nuts it is 🙂

Is the fat in nuts any less fattening than butter gram per gram?

Thanks U2 - nuts it is 🙂

Is the fat in nuts any less fattening than butter gram per gram?

It's not less fattening but it's approx 17 zillion times better for you 🙂 Nice artery-healthy unsaturated fats, mainly, versus evil sat-fats.

thanks Eddy 🙂 I took all advice and had nuts and the results before food my BG is down to 6.6 mmol 🙂 (from this mornings 13.7 - I very happy, so that lunch I had did the trick 🙂

Dinner tonight is: (8pm)

Turkey cooked in a small amount of olive oil, garlic and root ginger, with sweet pepper, a few cherry tomatoes, baby corn, mangetout and kale + 1 slice of hi-lo

BG before food 6.6 mmol - 2 hours later after food BG at 11.1 mmol

Last edited:
I can have any nuts except pistachios, evil things, had anaphylactic shock twice through those. The first time I just thought I might be having a heart attack! Second time I thought oh noes, it must be the stupid nuts, damn Lidl! I had to go to the cinema too and just sat there numb and tingling. :D Daughter was laughing! 😱

Did Buddha eating today or tried to, just two meals...albeit huge ones, can't get the portion thing right. I'm just plain greedy.

B: Bacon, lg Tomato, 2 fried Eggs, portion Mushrooms and 2 thick toasts which I didn't mean to have, they were horrid as well. I don't know why I lust after bread, I really don't. It's proper nasty once you've eaten it.

D: Pork strips (too many), pkt Brussels Sprouts roasted, steamed Cabbage.
Its the brown coat on the nuts that I can't do, like on brazil, almond, hazlenut, in youth it was only the brazil nut but as I've gotten older .....

What's you blood glucose doing before and after the Breakfast Ditto?
he he, you might be a bit windy after that Dinner :D 😉

I am more windy since I've been on the metformin :D

Do you have the lancet on the highest number for the prick? I'v had to turn mine down to no. 2.

B - 45g jumbo oats and 60g raspberries done in almond milk with a knob of butter and a coffee with almond milk - 30g carbs
mid morning - coffee with almond milk
D - wholemeal sandwich with a slice of gouda and 3 slices smoked Bavarian ham and a nature valley salted caramel protein bar with a pint of water - 40g carbs
mid afternoon - coffee with almond milk
T - chicken breast, 150g potatoes, 100g roasted brussel sprouts and a roasted large flat mushroom with mayonnaise dressing, 1 square lindt 90% with a pint water - 30g carbs
2 cups of coffee with almond milk since 🙂 xx

Kayl do you weigh your food before or after cooking? The logistics of measuring/weighing all that food make my head go fuzzy.
well that depends what it is, oats are done raw and dry, most veg are done raw but potatoes are done when boiled, its a pain but it just has to be done so I know what insulin I need to take xx

Ok I may have done something right ..... ( didn't take bg measurement before any food today )

Breakfast : small portion of porridge oats, about 20g cooked in water, added 3 raspberries
and a splash of milk - ginger and lemon tea.

Lunch out : ooooooer..... sharing..... smoked haddock (small portion), half a poached egg,
4 heaped forks of yellow rice, salad, and some wild mushrooms on toast (I only ate qtr slice of toast).
ginger beer* 4.8g carbs half with soda water. one sugar free sweet* about 3pm 4g carbs. (have top give up those sugar free sweet)

Took my BG measurement 1st time today at 16.40pm - 10.1 mmol (considering I have been waking up with 12.1 and 13.7 mmol I thought 10.1 is pretty good), maybe I am getting the hang of it with diet etc. 🙂

*It says it on the bottle and packet

Last edited:
Breakfast: 7am two slices of toast, with butter and emmental cheese. The loaf is very small, and seeded, total weight of the bread around 35g, approximately the same amount of cheese. Tea, semiskimmed milk in the tea.
10pm second breakfast: same tiny slices of bread, toasted, this time with peanut butter and more tea.
12ish cup of coffee, with semi skimmed milk
1.30pm Lunch: toast as before ( need to go shopping) with salmon rillettes salad leaves, small tomato, chunks of cucumber. slices of red pepper and three radish. salad leaves and radish are home grown. Coffee.
mid afternoon, cup of lemon and ginger tea ( we are running out of milk)
dinner: breaded plaice fillet, two small potatoes, brocolli, courgette and carrots.
Glass of aperol with slimline tonic.
later more lemon and ginger tea.

Creamy Greek yoghurt with stewed Rhubarb from the garden with sweetener instead of sugar for breakfast.
Chunk of mature cheddar mid morning.
Large bowl of butternut squash soup with a heaped teaspoon of peanut butter stirred into it ... yummy (and half a teaspoon of honey which I know is naughty and unnecessary but cut me some slack because I am a beekeeper and my girls owed me some rent!)
2 squares of 70% chocolate mid afternoon.... an hour apart.
Roast beef with mushrooms, aubergines, onions, carrots and broccoli.
Naughty fruit (fresh pineapple, mango and strawberries which my partner bought for me thinking they would be a "good" treat and it would be rude to waste them) with double cream.... and I didn't have any real carbs (tatties) with my main meal so I can almost justify the fruit. Reading was 9.5 at bedtime (1.5hrs later) so not desperately bad and tasted lush.
That was a lot more fruit than I would normally have but at least the fruit only spikes me for an hour or so whereas the starchy stuff like toast takes me sky high for most of the day.

No breakfast but coffee with cream at 6.30am.
1pm Avocado mashed up with chilli, lime juice, salt and pepper. Two Brazil nuts.
6pm Three pork belly slices, courgette, cabbage, spinach, cauliflower, chia and flax seeds. Few strawberries with clotted cream.
Bottled spring water throughout the day.

You Blood before breakfast at 7.5 Ditto is better than mine today 🙂 Maybe I should have eggs and bacon for breakfast :D 😛

Bg 9.1 yesterday

Breakfast cooked porridge oats 25g breakfast cooked in water*, 8 berries from frozen, splash of milk and 2 heaped teaspoons of yoghurt. Ginger Tea

Lunch - see dinner image below. they are cherry tomatoes for size comparison (Click on the thumb nail image) Ginger tea and water

Evening: 1 slice Burgen bread, cream cheese tomatoes and cress. cup of tea 2 chocolate biscuits cup of Tea😱 😛
45 mins later qtr banana, 1 small apple, one sugar free choc eclaire sweet very naughty tonight.

Water throughout the day + cuppa as desired :D

BG today 9.7 mmol

Attachments

• Dinner26May19.jpg
    Dinner26May19.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 8
No breakfast but coffee with cream x2 between 6.30am and 8.30am.
1.30pm Two Brazil nuts. Five slices peppered salami.
5.30pm Three pork steaks cooked in the oven, huge plate of salad - lettuce, baby leaves, courgette, cauliflower, bell pepper, fresh chilli, red onion, avocado - and homemade coleslaw. Chia seeds and lemon juice sprinkled on the coleslaw. Two spoonfuls Aldi peanut butter.
Bottled Spring water throughout the day.

Coffee with cream x2. No breakfast.
12.30pm Frittata made with four eggs, bacon, asparagus, tomato, onion, fried in avocado oil. Raw cauliflower with garlic mayo. Salad...lettuce, baby leaves, radish, shredded cabbage, courgette, avocado, homemade coleslaw, flax and chia seeds, lemon juice.
5.30pm Full fat Greek yogurt, handful raspberries, cacao nibs, pecans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back