What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No breakfast. Coffee n cream x2
1.30pm. Accidental lump of chorizo whilst prepping dinner, then two mouthfuls of raw cauliflower, then a spoonful of peanut butter (was really hungry and couldn’t stop myself).
5.45pm. (Was going to eat earlier but due to eating at 1.30 waited for a while). Ribeye steak. Cauliflower, asparagus, small onion, half bell pepper, courgette, done in the oven with avo oil. Spinach cooked in the steak pan with the leftover steak juices then sprinkled with chia and flax seeds. Handful of strawberries with full fat Greek yogurt sprinkled with organic cacao powder.
9.00pm. Small piece Cheddar cheese.
Bottled Spring water throughout the day.

Hi

First post on this thread and I’m loving seeing what everyone tries, gives me so many ideas (I’m not very creative so amazing for me!)

B: Lemon yogurt (120g) with 25g blueberries and 25g mixed nuts.

L: 2 high fibre crackers, 3 sticks celery, slice of beef and beetroot.

D: Large salad with lettuce, cucumber and radish. Coleslaw and one slice of garlic bread (was at a buffet.)

Evening Snack: 8 seafood sticks

Drinks - 3 decaf coffees and splash of milk and water.

@Ditto its hard to stay on track all the time! Bacon for breakfast though I’ve got some in for the weekend, going to try it with mushrooms and low carb slice of bread and see how I get on!

Yesterday for me was

B: yogurt, nuts and blueberries again

L: large salad plain with mozzarella and a whole meal pitta

T: large salad again with slices of beef and 15ml Caesar dressing. I had a mini twister ice lolly as I was craving sweet treats and it’s 8.9 carbs

Evening snack - I went wrong here and had crackers with seafood sticks but had too many cracker

Tea x 2
B: NAS yogurt, 2 fried eggs on 2 Tesco high protein bread toasted
Tea
Apple
L: Chicken salad, NAS yogurt, berries.
Tea
T: Beef in ale stew with a pile of greens, red wine.

Breakfast bran and nut with great tea
Launch spinach soap and salad , veg , fat free yogurt , soap and one bitta bread whole grain

Dinner walnut and tea with slice of home made cake

Lots of water and two piece of fruit banana and strawberry

Is that two much for T2 DB
please advise me
I am new with that

yesterday 7.20am Breakfast one slice Burgen toast and cup of tea.
10am Morning break at work, 1 Turkey salad sandwich (Burgen) and half a Banana.
2pm Afternoon break at work, 1 Turkey salad sandwich (Burgen ) and half a Banana.
7pm Tea time at home, Mackerel salad an Apple and small handful of plain nuts.

Drink about 2 litres of water a day.

Breakfast bran and nut with great tea
Launch spinach soap and salad , veg , fat free yogurt , soap and one bitta bread whole grain

Dinner walnut and tea with slice of home made cake

Lots of water and two piece of fruit banana and strawberry

Is that two much for T2 DB
please advise me
I am new with that

Hi Ban, trouble is that your question about your diet being too much for a T2 has no answer. It all comes down to carbohydrates and what you as an individual can cope with. For me, cake, bananas and wheat products - the pitta bread - are to be avoided whereas for some others they would be OK. The normal route to sorting out what is right and wrong for any individual is to try it and test after a couple of hours to see the effect.

You might think about the soup. Is it home made or from a tin? A lot of the tinned soups have quite high carbohydrate content - its not in the headline ingredient, its in all the other stuff they put in to thicken it up. Also check out the fat free yoghourt. They can have sugar added to make them more palatable.

It can be a bit of a nightmare, but if you start to keep a food diary and begin to work out where your carbohydrates are coming from then you can begin to make a start on understanding your version of T2 diabetes and begin to get on top of things by reducing the things with a lot of carbohydrates.

Hi Ban, trouble is that your question about your diet being too much for a T2 has no answer. It all comes down to carbohydrates and what you as an individual can cope with. For me, cake, bananas and wheat products - the pitta bread - are to be avoided whereas for some others they would be OK. The normal route to sorting out what is right and wrong for any individual is to try it and test after a couple of hours to see the effect.

You might think about the soup. Is it home made or from a tin? A lot of the tinned soups have quite high carbohydrate content - its not in the headline ingredient, its in all the other stuff they put in to thicken it up. Also check out the fat free yoghourt. They can have sugar added to make them more palatable.

It can be a bit of a nightmare, but if you start to keep a food diary and begin to work out where your carbohydrates are coming from then you can begin to make a start on understanding your version of T2 diabetes and begin to get on top of things by reducing the things with a lot of carbohydrates.
Hi
Thanks for these useful information
I eat everything that I cook myself
I ate bitta bread and find hard to avoid as don’t feel full without it , can you suggest any other type of bread to me ?
That’s why I find hard to avoid as everything is carb
Do my cake home made with whole grain flower with tiny bit of black sugar thinking it is OK , but look like it is not good
So shall I eat only veg , that’s too hard to avoid all carb as in the course that I attend said that we allowed to have seven portion sizes of carb although I have suspicious about that information

Thanks
Is what you eating healthy ???
Shall we stay Hungary all life ??
There are pop out chips which is healthy and Aldi sell it , I think it is healthy enough or just find alternative

Ban, I think you might have to stop thinking about what is "safe" and what is "healthy" and think about what is right for you. For example, the "healthy" chips in ALDI. What that probably means is that they have managed to cook them without leaving as much fat behind as other chips. The carbohydrate content is the same, so for a diabetic trying to control their blood glucose by diet, they are just as unhealthy as any other type of chip. I don't ever trust the big writing on the front of the packet - I just look at the ingredients and the nutritional information.

Bread is a bit of a problem if it is a major part of your old diet. There are breads with lower carbohydrate content than wheat based breads - Burgen is one. My solution is not to have more than one slice at a meal and to eat more of what was going to be the filling in the sanwich!

Anyway keep trying. Your weight loss means you are getting there. Working out carbohydrates and trying to cut down on them looks like where you need to be going

2x coffee with cream
No breakfast.
1.30 pm. Two hard-boiled eggs. Salad (baby leaves, tomato), homemade coleslaw.
5.30 pm. Roast pork with the crackling , spinach and cauliflower cheese sprinkled with chia seeds.
Strawberries and double cream.

Hope everyone’s having a good day?

Yesterdays menu

B: usual yogurt blueberries and nuts

L: 300ml of carrot and butternut squash soup with one slice low carb bread. This was an experiment but based on doing the same today think I’ll have to skip the bread unfortunately or go to half a slice

D: veg stir fry (mostly greens) with 125g halloumi and chow mein sauce -

25g mixed nuts as a snack.

Lots of water and couple cups of tea and a coffee.

Ban, I think you might have to stop thinking about what is "safe" and what is "healthy" and think about what is right for you. For example, the "healthy" chips in ALDI. What that probably means is that they have managed to cook them without leaving as much fat behind as other chips. The carbohydrate content is the same, so for a diabetic trying to control their blood glucose by diet, they are just as unhealthy as any other type of chip. I don't ever trust the big writing on the front of the packet - I just look at the ingredients and the nutritional information.

Bread is a bit of a problem if it is a major part of your old diet. There are breads with lower carbohydrate content than wheat based breads - Burgen is one. My solution is not to have more than one slice at a meal and to eat more of what was going to be the filling in the sanwich!

Anyway keep trying. Your weight loss means you are getting there. Working out carbohydrates and trying to cut down on them looks like where you need to be going
Thank you so much
I will start new bread as you advised
What about Brans , can I eat them with nuts ?

The course that I attend told me that I can eat around seven portion of carb as body needed for energy

Is this not correct ?
That course was for people with daibetic

Please advise me
I found your information very useful

What about oat ?
Which type of flour we should use ? For home made cake for example

Healthy chips in Aldi? I've never seen those! 🙂

I don't know if what I'm eating when doing low carb is healthy but when I'm eating that way I feel on top of the world, my weight goes down, my huge tum shrinks, I sleep like a log and more importantly my bg goes down and remains constant. That's how I know Atkins works. 🙂
What Atkins ? Can you explain it more please

Thank you so much
I will start new bread as you advised
What about Brans , can I eat them with nuts ?

The course that I attend told me that I can eat around seven portion of carb as body needed for energy

Is this not correct ?
That course was for people with daibetic

Please advise me
I found your information very useful

First off I am not a dietitian and any ideas I have are based on what works for me and digesting what others on the forum have been saying. That said, it sounds to me like your course was being a bit too simple in their message about carbohydrate consumption. Yes carbohydrates are giving you energy but if that is at the expense of permenantly high blood glucose levels, then you need to reduce them and get the energy from other sources, like fats and proteins.

It would seem from what you have said that their advice is not working for you. If you read other peoples contributions you will see that different people react differently to different carbohydrates. Some find oats OK and some do not. Some find fruit OK some do not. Most seem to find potatoes, wheat products and grains like rice to be a problem. You can only find out what works for you by trial and error.

You have a meter. That is a good place to start. In trying to work out what you should be avoiding a good idea is to do a test before a meal and then do a test an hour or so afterwards and compare the results. At the same time work out what carbohydrate there was in the meal. Do this for a week or two for different menus and see if any patterns emerge. It took me a month to get a picture of what was going on in my system and I found that grains, like rice and wheat, were gave big increases along with some odd things like cappuccino coffee, apples and the small amount of dried fruit in museli. Maybe the thing I have found that really works for me is to spread the carbohydrate intake out so that I get a small amount at each meal. I aim for about 80g of carbohydrate a day split amongst three meals and that way my system seems to be able to cope. If I had all 80 in one go, I would expect to get blood glucose readings back to where I was when things went haywire at the end of last year.

As I say, don't give up, work at it and things will get better.

Hope that helps.

First off I am not a dietitian and any ideas I have are based on what works for me and digesting what others on the forum have been saying. That said, it sounds to me like your course was being a bit too simple in their message about carbohydrate consumption. Yes carbohydrates are giving you energy but if that is at the expense of permenantly high blood glucose levels, then you need to reduce them and get the energy from other sources, like fats and proteins.

It would seem from what you have said that their advice is not working for you. If you read other peoples contributions you will see that different people react differently to different carbohydrates. Some find oats OK and some do not. Some find fruit OK some do not. Most seem to find potatoes, wheat products and grains like rice to be a problem. You can only find out what works for you by trial and error.

You have a meter. That is a good place to start. In trying to work out what you should be avoiding a good idea is to do a test before a meal and then do a test an hour or so afterwards and compare the results. At the same time work out what carbohydrate there was in the meal. Do this for a week or two for different menus and see if any patterns emerge. It took me a month to get a picture of what was going on in my system and I found that grains, like rice and wheat, were gave big increases along with some odd things like cappuccino coffee, apples and the small amount of dried fruit in museli. Maybe the thing I have found that really works for me is to spread the carbohydrate intake out so that I get a small amount at each meal. I aim for about 80g of carbohydrate a day split amongst three meals and that way my system seems to be able to cope. If I had all 80 in one go, I would expect to get blood glucose readings back to where I was when things went haywire at the end of last year.

As I say, don't give up, work at it and things will get better.

Hope that helps.
Thank you so much
Good ideas

First time on this particular thread. But going to give it a try to stop my late evening munchies.

B. 125 Nat yog,50g raspberries and 25g sunflower seeds

L. 2 slices of ham, mixed salad

D. 3 homemade mozzarella stuffed meatballs, chunky carrot, celery and mushroom sauce, made using tinned tomatoes and herbs

Snacks: handfull of sunflower seeds, didn't weigh them just used what was left in the bag. (does the spider that was in my tin of 7up count as a snack even though I spat it out, thought it was strange my drink has a lump in it)

Drinks, 3 black coffees, 2.5 ltrs water and 1 tin 7up zero.

2x coffee with cream.
10am. 3 egg frittata with tomato and courgette.
1.15pm. Handful olives, handful pecan nuts.
5.30pm. Roast pork and crackling, cauliflower, aubergine, spinach, broccoli, flax and chia seeds. Full fat Greek yogurt, organic cacao powder.

Morning all,

Yesterday

B: yogurt, blueberries and mixed nuts
L: green salad, fresh mozzarella and 2 slices of beef
D: fillet steak, range green veggies, half small jacket potato and a bit of sour cream - yum!!!

Water and tea to drink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back